58 coaches online • Server time: 13:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dooby

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup this is all very true. Its amazing how few of the stunty cup matches are actually being played. Its a shame as that is one of my favourite tournaments.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I never saw the G access for big guys just as a good decision/bad decision issue. Both ways obviously could work, the point was that following the rules review and limiting big guys hitting power and reliability would give us a very different kind of league; one where you might hope that ball playing skills with interesting or risky plays might be more encouraged with more focus on developing your stunty players instead of the big-guys-clearing-the-pitch tactic that half the teams employ now. Rosters would have had to have been changed, but probably less than what still needs changing now with keeping it.

We wanted a discussion and maybe even some testing into it. What we got was a 'like it or go home' responce.
Sad

IMO, half the rosters in the leeg are either too good or too weak.. some have grandfathered players (snots look the worst) while others don't even fit in with the basic 'couple of big guys and rest slow squishy stunty' that is the basic premise of the leeg (skinks, gnomes, strigoyan all for different reasons). Perhaps another reason for its demise it that while it's obvious changes can be made, they have been incredibly slow in forthcoming, and sometimes messed up when they do arrive.

Although stunty isnt a barren wasteland yet, I have noticed that it is often the same hardcore group of coaches in chat. People tend to get bored of games just decided by casualties after awhile... if you want to retire other teams ranked is the place to do it sadly. We need to encourage new people to play here, and that isn't going to happen when the more interesting a team it is, the more often it is you get to watch it getting smashed by big guys with block/tackle/pro/multiblock. Dodging away relaibly with ag3 isnt going to happen, so weaker teams need a big boost now to their survivability.

/rant
olivers

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a few bad teams killed it along with too many team changes, snots became too powerfull with 2 pumps. Then pumps lost general, still too powerfull so lost spore flingers and down to 1 pump but gained hero's.

Some other teams are broken too such as av8 gnomes! The core stunty players should be max av7 with specials av8+, make the daredevils and bombers av8 but the base gnomes av7.

I think stunty needs a review to see which teams are broken and what can be done rather than rash changes made.
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The changes without asking the playerbase also seems to upset a hell of alot of people.

Ive got to ask, why is Peikko in charge of stunty, and not Evo?
Trif

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko does listen at least, more than evo would, regardless of who would be better

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Peikko does listen, he just does what he likes anyway.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

well, at least he doesnt give us 120 very well thought out lines of why he won't listen.
thats something Smile
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a good something though...
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see a seperate 'test' stunty league, with no Gen access on Big Guys.

Kinda gets gets to be too much of a Big Guy league past a certain point.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Most people play Stunty because they like to hear the sounds that casualties produse.
Remove General access from Big Guys and Stunty will die in a few days.

Av8 on Stunty players is a bad idea. Stunties should go out easily and that doesn't help a lot. I know many people that don't like this. Like someone said 2 Stunty av8 players in a team would be ok (did anyone ever said something about Pygmies?). People don't like to play against Gnomes because they don't die easily. That kills Stunty a little bit.

Mv5 Stunty players with Dodge, Pro, Regenerate, Right Stuff, Stunty, Thick Skull and Two Heads is a bad idea. Like Snots were not powerful enough. People don't like to play against Snots because this dudes that need to roll 2+ to dodge are too fast. That kills Stunty a little bit. Remove the Two Heads from Heroes and they will be ok.

Only admins can create Stunty Tournaments. That kills Stunty a little bit.

p.s.
Removing General skills from Big Guys will turn Stunty into a graveyard where only players with old teams and players that get doubles on their Gig Buys, walk.

p.s.2
Those that don't like General skills on Big Guys can play at the U division. They can also create a group to find out how many they are...

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed that cherrypicking entered the stunty leeg. I ( my Snots) got turned down by a stunty coach (playing nurglings) in a tournament.
That kills Stunty a little bit more, i guess.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

On general acess for BGs, i havent decided, there are pro's and cons for both.

AV8 is a horrible idea, it makes games vs gnomes terribly boring, and makes gnomes overpowered with their insane TTM potantial.

Snots have a huge legacy problem ATM, i doubt snots will get many games using legacys ATM.

There are lots of problems that needs to be solved.
gken1

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

looks like the blue line for stunty is getting smaller since Nov--hmm what big decision happened there? I know I stopped except for my friends tourney. And Nov15-Dec15 had a stunty major going on....i'm sure that boosted some games.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If you read from numerous threads that exist about every change made to stunty, which some seems to claim does not exist, there has been place to talk about coming changes. Most changes are from these threads, some are not. There needs to be someone who is in charge that leeg keeps its way and it does not shatter into 10 different ways and become even more unplayable and unbalanced that it already is. There is always people who dont like changes whatever they are, or if there is none. Its been given to me to keep that way and unlike some people to think Im trying to do my best, even thou doin that will give me bucketloads of fertilizer to my face. This all I can take.

The part that some of the most whining people do that I have some problem is that they dont follow whats happening. They dont care to see explanations on why something was done or compleately seems to ignore existance of some things. Like there was(?) clear proposiotion to set up non-g-to-bgs-groups to test out what that will come. Last time I checked there was somethign like 10 teams from wich 7 was teams who do not get big guys at all.

If you read even this screenfull of opinions and know-hows how stunty could be so-much-better you can spot very diffrent ways which would be best in someone opinion and which would collision big time with others opinion.
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Which still doesnt explain the fact that stunty is dying. Why is it?

And yes, but some things almost everyone agrees on. AV8 being a horrible thing for one. Snots legacy problem is another.
 Jump to: