30 coaches online • Server time: 03:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain and I actually play in an U stunty tournament. What a shock when you see that the only guy interesting to develop (BG) has a very limited amount to skill to pick about. Developping play skills with stuntys? lol. If he don't die quick they need doubles to develop properly.

I like the tournament still but I admit it's a bit annoying.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see all grandfathered players forcibly retired and their cost refunded. Otherwise Ill have to start an OAP Mangling Union.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SunTzu wrote:
Which still doesnt explain the fact that stunty is dying. Why is it?

Could you please explain why stunty is dying while it gets roughly same amount of games played in every month?

Quote:
And yes, but some things almost everyone agrees on. AV8 being a horrible thing for one.

Really? Take a look at http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3834 which is thread about balancing gnomes before anything was changed.

While claiming something it would be nice to check some easily found facts.
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's say, for example, that I have a stunty, a divX, two unranked, and three ranked teams all of relatively the same TR. I don't, I'm just using this as a practical example because I have seen it many times when I check out coackes. If I want a game, then I have to decide whether I want *any* game, or a game with a specific team. If I just want to play, then I choose any team, and it is a given that it is much easier to get a ranked game than any other.

I just checked on Gamefinder.

Ranked: 48 teams by 20 coaches lfg
DivX: 6 teams by 3 coaches lfg (all 3 coaches with Ranked teams also lfg)
Stunty: 13 teams by 5 coaches lfg (3 of 5 coaches with Ranked teams lfg)
Unranked: 15 teams by *2* coaches lfg (1 coach with teams in all three other divisions)

I know it's a snapshot view, but it goes to my point: if you just want to play a game, you go to ranked, because that's where the best chance of getting a game is.
tassel

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to add this one piece to the puzzle:

I played stunty for some time after joining the community. I played Stunty to KKND, and got a bunch of satisfaction from the squishy noices. It was fun.

There were a lot of games and they were easy to get, if I got bored to my R team I'd play with snots again to hear a couple more rips. It went on like this for a long time and eventually I started trying out the various interesting teams in Stunty. Soon after this "quest" was mostly over the new channels came and I simply haven't looked for a game with stunties since. Created a gobbo team to R, played a couple of games with Stunty when others suggested, but then one day I simply retired the teams I didn't play with and all but the snots took the extra cash and went to Havaii.

It's highly possible I wouldn't get the kick out of Stunty games any more, but at least the reason or at least the "triggering action" was giving Stunty it's own channel. I'm just that lazy. Smile
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

just what tassel said (well, apart from the KKND)
hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't agree that Stunty is "dead", but it may be in a transitional period (team changes, new teams, new team concepts, etc.). Some might argue for "deadness" if the changes and directions Stunty takes do not fit with their opinions. For example, the Big Guy G-access debate seems to have two fairly distinct camps (one for and one against), and those against G-access may not be playing as much. I'm not sure if that is true or not, though. Of course, my answer to that is to work towards development of additional teams which do not rely on Big Guys at all, so that the debate is essentially a moot point.

Regardless, I have not personally experienced any changes in availability of Stunty matches, and the amount of games played has been pretty consistent, so I guess I'm not sure what you're basing your argument on?

~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty is, and should always be, a light-hearted way of blowing off steam. Stunty is meant to be amusing, not a life-or-death-win-at-all-costs league.

What killed stunty? The fact that people are taking it way too seriously. I know that the argument of it just being a game is not enough, so let me break it down.

1. Av 5 and 6 linos... come on. It's over a 60% chance to break armor, and +1 to injure on top of that. Screw big guys, even the little dudes can lay some major hurt when they get past the armor. Sure, BGs tend to do it better due to access to block/tackle/po/mb, but the point remains that it is meant to be "squish-ahhahahahaa".

2. Big guys... tons and tons of Big Guys. It's about the TTM, the shoving little grunts out of the way, the beating and rending and maiming of the shorties. No issue there... TTM is always fun to do, and even funner when the poor gobbo or fling is chewed upon.

3. Secret Weapons: How many do we see in R? Not many... stars are expensive and generally frowned upon. These secret weapons are another enjoyable part of stunty, as the Big Guys can also be blown to bits by these weapons [saws, deathrollers, blah blah].

4. Insanity in general: Miracle plays, hail-mary's, random things that you would never do in R. Dodge into and out of 4 different tackle zones, using DT, sidestep, shadowing in some cases, the point is just complete mayhem.

5. MAYHEM: Really... I mean, come on... gnomes? 4 mad bommaz tend to become brutal on average rolls, and if they skill up, even more so. Cheater team? 2 free DPs? Hell yeah! With 2 saws to boot! Holy moly... talk about complete evil. Lots of chances for killer things.

6. Rates of change: There are several teams to choose from, each with a slightly different playing style... so much variety, short of elfbowl, you get everything.

Sure, some teams are stronger, and others are weaker. This is standard in any League, be it R or U or S. Dwarves tend to be stronger and tougher than other teams at times, whereas Chaos and Orcs become nastier at higher levels. This is the case with S... complaining about imbalance is silly.

I will agree with BunnyPuncher though... I do advocate the firing of players who are no longer available to the teams. That includes 4 slayer Gnomes, Spore Flingers, Ogre gobbos and flings, you get the idea. Refund them the money if possible, if not, don't. They knew they were playing with fire when they did not retire them. Ask them nicely to retire them... if they don't drop the hatchet.

I mean, people refuse to play a new snotling team "because they are broken and unbalanced." This was more than one person at that... Personally, stunty does not matter. It is for fun. Winning/losing is not as important as the general enjoyment of the game... so don't take away someone elses fun because his new team reminds you of an ass-raping you got another day.

As for death of stunty: Giving it it's own channel was a bad move by my opinion... I just hate having more than a few channels open. But hey, Gamefinder still works, so it's not that much of a detriment.

Evo's official S tourney's have helped, I do admit, though the fact that we have to play another league member makes it harder to find games after you have played the few people that are around when you are. Maybe a scheduled tourney would increase the reception that the S league gets... I remember the Green Horn Cup for R raising a lot of interest back into R, so maybe something similar for S with new teams at the same time will allow for more coaches to get into the league again.

That's my .25654456454 cents on the matter.

Z
Captain1821

Post 4 Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:

Really? Take a look at http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3834 which is thread about balancing gnomes before anything was changed.

In that poll there are only 3 votes for "Orc slayers av to 8". 3 out of 40 votes! And it is only for Orc slayers (Daredevils)!

Reading the thread you will find out that EvolveToAnarchism, johan and LtMonkey want av8.

Hovring said he agrees with av8 but he also understands why they shouldn't have av8. AvatarDM said that av8 could be one solution but he proposed many more before saying that.

pixyled said that some Gnomes could have av8.

nazerdemus, Britnoth, Corneto25 and Imerikol said that there should not be av8 in Gnomes.

Now since you hear the opinion of others, why you made that kind of change? Only 3 or 4 people wanted av8 gnomes there and they are not even more than the others.
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
SunTzu wrote:
Which still doesnt explain the fact that stunty is dying. Why is it?

Could you please explain why stunty is dying while it gets roughly same amount of games played in every month?

Quote:
And yes, but some things almost everyone agrees on. AV8 being a horrible thing for one.

While claiming something it would be nice to check some easily found facts.

People arent playing anymore. This weekend ive got an uptime of around 12 hours per day, and the amount of stunty games were incredibly low compared to what it used to be. Add in the fact that lots and lots of the stunty games that are actually played arent lfg, but pre-determined teams, and it gets even harder to find a game.

You can never expect everyone to respond to a forum post, and what they said before matters very little. Is it more important to you to be right, then to make the leeg better? Since from what ive seen you post in several threads is that "They should have spoken up sooner". Where is the problem of changing a team again for balancing purposes?
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Is it more important to you to be right, then to make the leeg better? Since from what ive seen you post in several threads is that "They should have spoken up sooner". Where is the problem of changing a team again for balancing purposes?

It is indeed for best of the stunty that rosters do now change every couple days or weeks. The thread you are talking about did not continue giving some feedback about changes but started again same thing that was earlier in other threads suggesting whole different changes.
The changes on how changes should have been better is still open discussion as I have said previously in other threads, I do not see those problems exist and believe this was the way to do it to get snotlings in the right way.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
Now since you hear the opinion of others, why you made that kind of change? Only 3 or 4 people wanted av8 gnomes there and they are not even more than the others.

Cause given it thought after listening peoples opinions it seemed best option in the name of stunty. Evo has good post about why. Could also point that main reasons are making unique team that is unlike any other existing in stunty right now.

Last edited by peikko on %b %17, %2005 - %12:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
MadMarx

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty and all the other nonranking leagues are dying. The international admin conspiracy, to remove all games that people cant get some extra coach rating from, seems to have succeeded. One day, this page shall be called, Fumbbl online cherrypicking BloodBowl league.
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I have found it harder getting stunty games of late as well.....which is a shame as it is an awesome league.

Keep the changes coming they keep it interesting
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it was always harder to get a game in stunty, so that hasn't really changed. Only change in stunty games that I have noticed, ppl are cherrypicking more. As I said in one of the other stunty threads, ppl are starting to take it more seriously. Just play the game, eventually everyones big guys will get killed and the team retired. Don't worry about it happening.
 Jump to: