34 coaches online • Server time: 13:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Stunty race needing most balancing
chaos halflings
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
fairies
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
gnomes
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
halfling
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
nurglins
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
pygmy
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
skink
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
skryre Slaves
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
squig herders
24%
 24%  [ 15 ]
strigoyan
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 62

peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

After controversy changes to snotlings its time to see what you think is next roster in stunty needing tweaking. When voting please comment couple lines on what you think is wrong with that current race and if you have somekinda suggestion on fixing that problem.

Goblin cheaters are not in this list for reason as Im trying to find out if there is alternative ways on solving their problems.

Last edited by peikko on %b %18, %2005 - %11:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have just been looking at the race win %. And skink are top, even above Chaos Dwarf and Chaos Pact/Old World, so they must be too good.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the skinks deserve the Krox now that the big guys lose rerolls. But there are a few there (like squig herders and pygmy's) that need help.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly, I think there has been enough balancing ATM, and it might be time to let Stunty settle a little.

Secondly, if there are going to be changes can we have all the options put in a poll and the highest vote gets the change ?

With Snotlings, the poll was for one thing, and the change that happened was a mix and match of the options!

Last but not least, I do not believe the debate about BG Gen access is over, can we have a poll about that?

Cheers
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Secondly, if there are going to be changes can we have all the options put in a poll and the highest vote gets the change ?

No, there wont be. Ive also added disclaimer in recent stunty polls telling it
Code:
Disclaimer: this is poll to get people think and maybe come up with even some new ideas. This is like all stunty polls just place to get voices heard, it is not said that whichever opinion wins this vote will happen.

This is for to keep stunty in one way, not to split it into ten different ways that would introduce whole lotta more problems than there is now.

Quote:
Last but not least, I do not believe the debate about BG Gen access is over, can we have a poll about that?

This is now 3rd time in 24hours when this is said: Those wanting possibility to have non-general-skill big guys in stunty leeg have to prove its reasonable solution. There is several tournaments set up for this purpose. Use them.[/quote]
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for sking. I think their advantage is their high speed. Most of the stunty teams suffers from low speed and I also think this is one of the advantages of stunty, scoring takes more than one round.
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

<offtopic>
I first moved to playing mostly stunty games because I thought ppl were starting to take playing in ranked too seriously. The problem is that now a year later, it seems ppl are starting to take playing stunty too seriously too. Sure there are some teams that seem a bit strong (yes, some of them actually are). But if you want to take playing too seriously, you should go cherrypicking to ranked.
</offtopic>

Well, I voted nurgs. I know the fluff is that they are bashy, and can't handle the ball. Then again, all they need to do is roll doubles, and they get big hand. Then the ball isn't that big of a problem anymore. Just cage up and bash your way towards the EZ. Ok that's the same thing I do with all my stunty teams anyway. Problem playing against nurgs is that they are really hard to get rid of, having regen+thick skull, makes it hard for teams with just the apo (usually saved for the BG) to be able to field more than half the amount of players comapred to the nurgs in the later part of the game. I'd say remove thick skull from the nurgs, or I'll go make myself a nugrs team Smile

Edit: Ofcourse I guess most ppl wouldn't want to castrate the teams they like to play most. I for an example would be shocked, if someone wanted to tune down the c-flings, which I think are a good race. I do have snots too, but they don't play too much, for obvious reasons. If you want to castrate the team, retire the daggers or something, go ahead.

Last edited by odi on %b %17, %2005 - %12:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Quote:

No, there wont be. Ive also added disclaimer in recent stunty polls telling it
Code:
Disclaimer: this is poll to get people think and maybe come up with even some new ideas. This is like all stunty polls just place to get voices heard, it is not said that whichever opinion wins this vote will happen.

This is for to keep stunty in one way, not to split it into ten different ways that would introduce whole lotta more problems than there is now.

Quote:

This is now 3rd time in 24hours when this is said: Those wanting possibility to have non-general-skill big guys in stunty leeg have to prove its reasonable solution. There is several tournaments set up for this purpose. Use them.
[/quote]

So, these threads are more to make us feel we have some input before whatever changes have already been decided on get processed anyway?

I no not like the way the recent changes have been put through without even being shown in the poll options, nor the fact that anyone commenting gets told where to go.

If you are the only one who makes or decides on what happens in stunty, why bother with these threads, if the input is unimportant to you.

I guess at the end of the day, everyone has an option, so i will complete my Stunty League games, then retire my stunty teams, not for the benefit of you or anyone else, but there is little point continuing in an area so open to changes that can just happen without comment. At least with Ranked I know it follows the LRB.

Stunty used to be a fun league, somewhere along the line it lost that !
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
So, these threads are more to make us feel we have some input before whatever changes have already been decided on get processed anyway?
If you are the only one who makes or decides on what happens in stunty, why bother with these threads, if the input is unimportant to you.

So you think theres two ways. Either making polls out of everything and always choosing the option that got most votes or compleately not read threads? Are you serious? Its crap like this that makes people think Im somekinda dictator who tries to keep you feeling that you have some voice on things while you do not. Please try to read reasons on why polls does not always give you best choices and on why these threads exists before making these stupid accusations.

Quote:
but there is little point continuing in an area so open to changes that can just happen without comment. At least with Ranked I know it follows the LRB.

If you are not able to read stunty forum in here, it might very well seem so. If you do read them, truth is somewhat different.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Nurglings can be devastating... with a combination of there Big Guys with Tentacles (the little guys will hardly ever get away and just become casualty statistics!), and the Nurglings with Regen, they are a hard team to break down. Yes, they have a low agility and low movement... but as someone mentioned... Bighand etc will help, along with rerolls.

A side note to this is big guys and general access... these big guys have access to all sorts of mutating sharp and pointy things as well that cause little guys lots of harm! I'm not saying yes or no to General Access... Im just saying that in this case they have access to EVERYTHING! :-/

Skink teams can strike fast, but if you defend deep and place diving tackles on them then that should help. I think Skinks are just down to people not being able to counter the skink game.
Bruno

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh, wont you all calm down. Dont think of everything that the other writes as the worst possible way.

DukeTyrion, Coulndt it be that Peikko is saying this?
"We put up votes to get people thinking, and thinking is good because people come up with fun additions to stunty.
But, at the same time the polls are not reliable. How many of the stunty people actually see those? Sure, you might argue that if they dont are active enough to vote they shoulndt count and all. But that wont make it funnier in stunty...
Also, what happens if in a poll there happen to be a low amounth of people around, and a totally strange and unballanced option "wins"? Is Peikko to be "forced" to implement things he knows people will object to? Of course not."

So, please, everyone, if you got Issues, settle them in private, if you got suggestions, post them here.
Sorry DukeTyrion, this is not directed at you in person, your post was in no way a terrible post, but ive seen to many similar posts Smile

Oh, and about the subject! Rolling Eyes
I think Nurglings are _boring_ Thus I vote for them. They dont get hurt like everyone else. Stunty should be about mayhem and injuries, and well, they just dont get hurt enough! Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I've voted for Skinks, but not necessarily because of balancing issues but more because I consider it to be boring to play against them (this applies to a lesser extend to Goblins too).
Some teams just almost don't have a chance to win against them (especially the MA4 teams) unless they try to hurt, hurt and hurt them (yeah, I know, it's stunty) because Skinks can get the ball from almost everywhere and score in the next turn.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh, nurglings are the only team left that i often wont consider challenging, simply because a game where half my team is gone and the rest cant move because of the tentacles isnt very fun. i wouldnt want to see the nurglings changed though, i think they are perfect as they are, but they are actually pretty good stunties and get the probably best big guy there is.

skinks might need a change too to make them more interesting. but that would have to be a pretty big thing, maybe total redesign, and they arent really THAT scary. so maybe leave that for later.

on the peikko discussion that inevitably pops up whenever stunty changes are suggested, i think he's doing a great job. he might not have the best communication skills but he's trying to change stuff to make stunty better and i think he's doing a very good job about it. (even though the snot hero might have turned out a little more interesting probably when a discussion about a new positional had taken place.) regardless, the constant attacks are utterly unnecessary if you ask me. btw, loss of G access would balance nurglings pretty well, if you ask me.
hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Just like last time, I'm voting for Pygmies. Too high of a win% (46) for a stunty team IMO.

Skink stats are greatly skewed from previous access to Sauri, so I don't feel comfortable drawing any clear conclusions about their current abilities. They don't fare as well against developed Big Guys , but if more teams without Big Guys are introduced in the future, I'm sure that Skinks will be fine as they are (and perhaps still a bit overpowered).

~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always been under the opinion that squigs should be crazy, silly and incredibly random.

Not sure piling negatraits onto them achieves it sadly.

+ blah blah blah peikko you suck Razz