21 coaches online • Server time: 08:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Stunty race needing most balancing
chaos halflings
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
fairies
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
gnomes
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
halfling
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
nurglins
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
pygmy
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
skink
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
skryre Slaves
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
squig herders
24%
 24%  [ 15 ]
strigoyan
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 62

origami

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with inquisitorpustus. Typically, it seems that the one playing against the squigs is having the crazy, silly, incredibly random fun as he watches them self destruct.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

vote for nurglings everyone! now! don't let the stupid squigs win!
Synn

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Strigs and squigs need some changes for different reasons....

squigs suck and strigs are just too boring (and they suck!). Fluff wise strigs are way off as well. A strig vamp general in warhammer gets ghouls, wolves, bats, and monsterous vamps. The stigs should have more types of players to reflect this.

Example:
Ghoulings... (basic stunty guy....... mabey drop their strength and add frenzy)
Wolf Vamplings (sure feet, sprint, no hands....)
Bat Vamps (Pass block, gaze, no hands....)

Make these little suckers varied and totally crazy!

As for squigs......lose OFAB for hoppers......... in warhammer they didn't have anything to represent that. The normal squigs did so assume the crazy ones (OFAB) are the non-ridden squigs.

Nurglings are kool....... question though........ can they get rotters from the beast blocks? I just saw my first one on a stunty team and now i am about to start one!

Best of luck,
Synn
**Good job of changing the snots...... next time.... retire the flingers outright or do not allow teams with flingers to get the heroes.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Syndrome057 wrote:
Nurglings are kool....... question though........ can they get rotters from the beast blocks?

Beasts infect works, but it generates just nurglins.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Nurgslings and suggest removing thick skull. I dont think ma 5 is particualaly slow for stunty and with muations the ag2 is not such a problem.
On the subject (slightly) I think it would be better to tone down the top teams then to try to improve all the average teams. I would think that Nurglings and Chaos Flings need toning down (remove the chainsaws!) and probably a couple of others I cant think of right now, not sure there is much else that can be done to stop skinks. I would suggest that they appear to have such a good win % because at low TR with no Diving Tackle they will score and probably win whereas by high TR when you have Diving Tackle they've been mangled beyond repair due to the monster big guys and high player costs and have been restarted therefore winning more low TR games. Just my Thoughts.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

AhaA, stunty scoring does not take two rounds, grab the ball grab the fella holding the ball toss his furry little behind up the field, run run run 1r td Smile
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem i see with removing chainsaws on CH, is that it makes it so alike so many other teams. 2 BGs, lots of linemen. Id say tone down the BGs, and create more special players.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

While there's an active thread that Peikko is looking at 'What's the deal with the halfling chef?', 'Will it ever be properly implemented?' and if not 'Why not?'. I dont consider the chef a good trade for the Ogres back, you gotta remember other teams get secret weapons as well as half decent big guys.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Flings shouldn't be in stunty anyway.

They're a normal league team.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Once the Nurglings are penalized somehow, I think that most of the Stunty teams are about equal in strength and effectiveness. Time and statistics only will tell if some team needs to be balanced in the (near) future.

Therefore my answer to the question "Stunty race needing most balancing?" is:

Option X

-Any Stunty team(s) with such players who can not be purchased by a beginning team anymore.

Just to ensure fair play for all, it'd be nice if nobody would be able to use players that are no longer available in a starting roster. New stunty players should be encouraged, not penalized, for making their first stunty team ever and then playing against a seasoned player. If there is a mirror match (both sides are using the same race) and the other player has more Daredevils, Pump Wagons etc. than the newbie is able to purchase, IMO there is something wrong with the matchup.

johan

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

For some reason, Goblin Cheaters aren't on the list. They get my vote, though, for being the ghastliest kind of crap in Stunty by a long shot.

Also regular Goblins for being far and away the best team.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Once the Nurglings are penalized somehow, I think that most of the Stunty teams are about equal in strength and effectiveness.

This is emphatically untrue.

(Well, not whether you think it is, that I won't make an argument about.)

/johan
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hiring 7+ Secret Weapon players to a single team is a bad idea, unless you get the ref during the match. If you have access to 7 or more secret weapon players in the roster, you do not have to hire all of them to your team: just select some that are effective & some which suit your personal playing style. If you take them all and decide to foul with the kickers, you will be at a disadvantage even if the opponent inflicts 0 cas at you.

johan

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Hiring 7+ Secret Weapon players to a single team is a bad idea, unless you get the ref during the match. If you have access to 7 or more secret weapon players in the roster, you do not have to hire all of them to your team: just select some that are effective & some which suit your personal playing style. If you take them all and decide to foul with the kickers, you will be at a disadvantage even if the opponent inflicts 0 cas at you.

With Cheaters, you'll be at a disdvantage no matter what you do.

/johan
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:

With Cheaters, you'll be at a disdvantage no matter what you do.

/johan

Just throw some sixes and any disadvantage can be overcome. Nothing cheers you up like a double kill with a bomber. Wink

BTW, is the Vault rule for throwing bombs - in this case I mean the "when the target decides not to catch the bomb, the bomb will not bounce away before exploding"-rule - going to be implemented into the client? ...and is this the wrong place to ask this question?
 Jump to: