36 coaches online • Server time: 17:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh, dropping them to av 6 seemed the only way to me too to maybe balance the without destroying any important fluff. regen + thick skull must stay, and you cant change the beasts. RRs are costly enough already and everything else... yes, the problem is that nurglings are perfect as they are and yet, too strong. that makes it so tricky.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Kommando wrote:
yeh, dropping them to av 6 seemed the only way to me too to maybe balance the without destroying any important fluff. regen + thick skull must stay, and you cant change the beasts. RRs are costly enough already and everything else... yes, the problem is that nurglings are perfect as they are and yet, too strong. that makes it so tricky.

Just wondering, but why do you think that Regeneration and Thick Skull must stay?
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Either removing thick skull or dropping AV to 6 would seriously lower the effectiveness of Nurglings.

I'd scream a happy 'yes' as a Nurg-coach if I got some positionals in return.

My personal vote would go to 0-4 Nurgs with 'foul appearance' added.
Nothing overbearingly powerful IMO (who's passing in stunry anyway?) yet very, very fluffy.

But a blitzer type with horn (yes; one horn!) would work too, I'd also give those only one eye. (drop AG to 1) but that's just me.

Summarized what I'd like;
- Nurgling players lose either thick skull or drop AV to 6. (price drops to 40k?) AV6 sounds better (or worse actually Very Happy )
- Nurgling teams gain 0-4 plaguebearers;
MA:5 ST:2 AG:1 AV:7 dodge, stunty, regenerate, thick skull, foul appearance, horns. (price approx. 60-70k)

This would mean the Nurglings dropped in AV for at least 5 of their players and lost even more of their ball-handling ability. BUT gain a nice positional which is very fluffy if you ask me.
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Im with Jinxed on his ecxellent proposal even though i dont like the idea of my nurglings av dropping to 6 Sad
But what can you do against the powers that be. Sometimes you would think Tzeentch was in charge of stunty leeg Smile
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good idea, I always like the prospect of new positionals

Very Happy
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Losing thick skull is my vote. Av6 is a big drop for a team that needs to bash to win.

Having a total of 6 players with FA is a joke..... FA works on catches as well you know, that many will totally kill any hand off attempts plus make blocking the blighters alot harder too.

BTW, whoever said pygmy need balancing is crazy. Yes they win more than they lose, but with av6 no regen no thick skull and positionals without dodge to start with, they take alot of casualties in return.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I still wonder how much balancing would realy be needed accross all these races with no BG Gen access.

That is what make the Nurglings so unbalanced, purely the strength of the big guys.

Without Block, Tackle the tentacles would not seem anywhere near as harsh.
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

No, no, no, no, let's not make this the G access thread Smile

ok, I admit, I'm biased in that subject.
DrDrink

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, Nurglings are one of the only stunty teams I play and I've found some things out in the 19 games I've played with them.

1. Mutations on the little guys are not as useful as they seem, because Nurglings need to spend their doubles on important skills like: Block, Tackle, and/or Dirty Player. And with AG 2 they absolutely have to get some big hands or they will lose every match Khemri style.

2. Regen on the BGs is a real problem. My team has been around for only 19 games and I've been through 3 beasts because they are prone to injury with no apoth and the little guys getting stuck to them. Those beasts aren't cheap.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Just wondering, but why do you think that Regeneration and Thick Skull must stay?

well, quite obviously the world is gonna end otherwise. no, hard to say but i think that regen+thick skull perfectly represent what a nurgling is. a bothersome little creature that can take an amazing lot of damage. armour is not so important for devotees of nurgle but they should be extremely tough if you ask me.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

0-2 Nurgle Beastys 100000 4 5 1 9 Always Hungry, Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Regenerate, Throw Team Mate G S
0-16 Nurglins 40000 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

0-1 Nazerdemus 6 3 3 8 Really Stupid Razz
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

0-2 Nazerdemus' 100000 4 5 1 9 Always Hungry, Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Regenerate, Throw Team Mate G S
0-16 Kommandos 40000 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotlings vs Nurglings

Its like everytime - the pump wagons make only 1 block every 2 rounds (but dont have general access, so how the hell can it get down a dogde player?) and get sent off after the first td. Penalty roll with 8+ makes em senseless (especially if they can't really make damage now with ma5 only).
The snotlings have av7 - 2 more than snotlings have and are double as strong as snotlings (and faster). They have only 1 big guy less but the same toughness like snotlings bec. of thick skull and regenerate.

Another advantage is the mutation access. My conclusion: nurglings are overpowered or snotlings too weak.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the mutation access is overrated.

You need big hand, dirty player and block long before mutations...