27 coaches online • Server time: 03:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do skinks need twist?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 42 ]
No
24%
 24%  [ 29 ]
Canada
40%
 40%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 119

peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

There has been opinions that skinks need also balancing. They have amazing high winning % but suffer from not beein able to fight back while playing the ball and running around to score while trying to dodge opponent with their hight movement.

Question is: is their uniques enought or too much? Are they boring to play right now even when they are compleately unique?

See also previous thread about skinks that was brought up little after last tweak on their roster.

You can just vote or give your opinion. Again please keep it on topic so everyones opinion is heard.

Last edited by peikko on %b %18, %2005 - %11:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say so yes. Without hittingpower, they will eventually get squashed. Five them 3 sauruses or something.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SergeiBautin wrote:
Five them 3 sauruses or something.

*cough*

Before last change they had 2 sauruses and then the team was proven to be way too powerfull as they had non-negative-skilled st4 players with access to block-tackle and high movement and fastest players in the whole stunty leeg.
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Mkay. But its not much fun in being the fastest team around, when every other team has access to miimum of 2 Big fellas with general skill access, witch means that every team they will meet will have 2 guys with St5 (almost everyone), Block and Tackle. If the stunty league ever is gonna be something else thn a "Big guy" casualty-hunting-league, something has to be done. I prefer Sauruses, or the likes of them, in the teams. That St5 and MB just kills or Niggles at least 3-4 players every match. ITs not THAT funny, do you think? Would it be better to give skinks the Krox?

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I never played them, but I like it that they are so pure and simple - no big guys, only one type and so on. So maybe the poisoned dagger should go, if they need to be curbed. That would make them even purer.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I consider Skinks to be a boring team and have a boring roster, 1 positional player and linos (that are the best stunty players out there though) isn't that exciting for the Stunty Leeg. From a balancing perspective, they probably need the opposite thing the Snotlings needed, their scoring ability needs to be toned down and their bashy/survival abilities need to be improved.

That said, I need to add that I didn't play against Skinks for quite a while and I just remember how hard it was to play against them with a MA4 Stunty team (with superior TR).
olivers

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

They need to keep the dagger for a bit of hitting power otherwise your left with pure st2 players
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

0-11 kroxigors added to the roster

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

From a balancing perspective, they probably need the opposite thing the Snotlings needed, their scoring ability needs to be toned down and their bashy/survival abilities need to be improved.

But doesnt that just make them blend into mass? Beein sarcastic that kinda development will lead into Stunty Leeg where is only goblin teams?
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Having played with the skinks before I felt that basically only having skinks mean that sure they could score fast but you hit them and they just fall over dead because they had no surviviblity against the other big guys. So my suggestion would be to give them 0-2 Kroxi's to bring them in line with other teams.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Stunty Leeg where is only goblin teams?

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

DaemonicLazoth wrote:
Having played with the skinks before I felt that basically only having skinks mean that sure they could score fast but you hit them and they just fall over dead because they had no surviviblity against the other big guys. So my suggestion would be to give them 0-2 Kroxi's to bring them in line with other teams.

0-2 kroxis.......erm the original version we did when stunty started had 0-1 kroxi, and they were considered overpowered then,,,

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
From a balancing perspective, they probably need the opposite thing the Snotlings needed, their scoring ability needs to be toned down and their bashy/survival abilities need to be improved.

But doesnt that just make them blend into mass? Beein sarcastic that kinda development will lead into Stunty Leeg where is only goblin teams?

I don't think that they will be the same as the other teams and that was never my intend. I just gathered that many coaches think that they just get beaten up at higher TR and I remember how good their scoring abilities are and they are the best winning team according to the statistics (even though the removal of the Sauri in their roster may have weakened them a lot).

My point was (apart from the roster beeing boring) that their scoring abilities should be weakened and their bashyness/survivability should be increased as a compensation.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

My point was (apart from the roster beeing boring) that their scoring abilities should be weakened and their bashyness/survivability should be increased as a compensation.

My suggestion to weaken the scoring ability,
Give them no hands Twisted Evil
and regen

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

skink are quite same than elf after all....

Their costs are high.. 60k for all skink aren't a joke in stunty, when 1 or 2 of them die every match..

they need some bash player... my survive since now only tnx to my old saurus...
 Jump to: