37 coaches online • Server time: 10:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not add a save game button to the JBB client menu. If a player drops the remaining player can save the game and then they can reload that saved game. This could be a nice supplement to the Auto save in use now. This would also prevent players from dropping out due to the fact they got a bad HC against them or a player niggled as the other coach will just save the game and nothing will be lost when they set it up again and the other player connects.

Note. I am not sure of how all the technical stuff of the JBB works, so I don’t know if this is possible at all

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, auto-save saves everyturn (and action if you don't mind bugs) so having a save button seems like just extra files and load time, no? just my opinion Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

No more dropping on deaths...

Where the hell are all these good ideas coming from today? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if that's possible, but I'm pretty sure that the game could keep a back-up of the .dat file when it creates a new one. I've just had a problem today where we tried to load the .inc file. The game was corrupted and my opponent, by causing a turnover before I had a chance to notify him that there was a something wrong, overwrote the .dat file and we were basically screwed. Keeping the last two turn's .dat might be a reasonable solution to these kind of situations.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If you use the fumbbl proxy, the .inc files dont' usually work...you have to use the .dat files (only save at end/begining of turn).

Yet another reason to play direct connect games.