78 coaches online • Server time: 21:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday I had someone turn down a game against one of my teams because "your fan factor is too low". Now admittedly, I start most of my teams with low fan factor, but I really don't understand this reason for not playing someone. Having an opponent with a low FF helps you win KOT rolls and affects your winnings in an EXTREMELY limited manner.

I tried to explain that playing a team with a FF of 3 would almost definately cost his team no more than 10K when compared to the option of playing a team with a FF of 9... but he wouldn't listen.

the average roll of 6d6 (the "lost" attendance dice) is 21 which in 95% of cases will lower your winnings by only 10k.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't refuse to play someone over 1 point of TR.
Am I missing something?

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

People tend to like that extra 10k, no bigger deal than that.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Few Bloodbowlers with any intelligence are gonna play a team with FF of 1. Not only are you basically sponging money off their FF but you probably have a better "on field" team because you have used that money to buy an extra player, RR, etc.

And a 10-20K difference (which really is what this is) really is the difference between being able to buy/not buy another player at low TRs.

So, you want games, dont start with 1 FF.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

10k is a LOT
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't tell you the number of times I finished a game and found myself 10k short of purchasing a new player/rr...

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

While I agree it doesn't seem like much but would be annoying if it left my 10K short of my next purchase, I have been turned down with a FF of 9 for Low FF! WTF? Well apparently at higher TR, money is just as important, and "low" FF can really hurt. hehehhe I guess Wink

Might be a nice way of saying, "I suck and can't suffer that sort of stomping without being duly compensated..." that's what I read into it. heh.
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, humbug! I would never turn down an opponent because of low FF. Too much money in the beginning raises your TR too fast. Better get some skills on your players first.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, first people don't play against bashy team, now they don't play against team with low FF... in 2 years they won't play except against flings with two trees MNG and FF 25 Very Happy
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

While I personally wouldnt turn down a team that's played 10+ games and has been screwed by bad FF rolls, I WOULD turn down an offer from a coach with a new who intentionally created them with 1 FF for the reasons above.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll play your 1ff with a 1ff team... but I don't like people leeching off of ff i had to pay for.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I start my teams with low FF because it seems so inefficient to pay money for something that is free (case in point: rotter team with no rotters, necro/undead teams with minimum zombies). I would much rather spend the initial 1000K on players or especially rerolls because the FF will even out in the end.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to let this topic die.... But I got rejected for having an FF of 8. 8 not low, is it...... bah, I'm whiny

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

One more argument for the "Vault". Every one starts at FF 5 and it "costs" nothing!

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a cherry picking excuse to me. Inventive though weak as...
peke

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you start with say FF3 and compare it to FF9. With the latter one you get average 10k more money each game. So after six games you have gotten back what you "spent" in the beginning.

With FF3 on the other hand, you'll have about 60k (which is one average lino... or apoth) less money after 6 games. But you'll most likely have FF much lower than 9 too. You may have lost Kick-offs too, and games with that.

etc. etc. blaa blaa blaa. Someone please take over, I'm tired. Wink