55 coaches online • Server time: 23:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

With my goblin team I've been took Nobbla for my first 2 games. One of my opponents wasn't too happy, inspite of Nobbla being on my roster before I'd lfg'd.

Now what is the etiquette of hiring SPs? Is it acceptable to have the SP on your roster before the game starts? Do people expect to be informed before the game starts anyway?

I'm just curious - I don't want to play people who are going to have a problem with it, but what is considered reasonable behaviour?

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to cry when Nobbla shows up against any of my (AV 7) teams. But it's usually things I have to live with. When I hire star players (which I do from time to time for my undead team) I tend to inform my opponent about it (just to make sure they're okay with it) however if the star player has been there for a long time and before lfg-ing I don't think one would need to inform. They should have noticed it.

Star Players aren't that great anyway 8^)

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You can use them... so use them. If people dont want to play you, then thats their cherry picking right to...
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Imo, theres no restriction how you use 'em. Hire them before lfg, or after the game has been agreed. It's completely same to me. Because it's my own fault if i don't take the cash in your roster in consideration.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

People who care that much about an opponent's roster should check it first. I hate to make that concession, sometimes, since it just leads to excuses and whining and dodging etc...

You were certainly not out of line, Ian. In the scenario you've described, the whining opponent is the one who should be worried about "reasonable behaviour."

{ edit: would it help quell anyone's concerns about the legality of this if I mentioned that at least one of the admins has done the same thing to me before? }

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a goblin team.

What the hell did they expect?

Ok for all those slower Fumbblers:

1\ Halflings steal all your re-rolls
2\ Goblins hire stars and wizards often

Oh and make damn sure you report people to back out of games once you've hired one.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

he didnt read your roster, I wouldnt worry about it.
The things that gripe most people are when there was no star at the roster they looked at, and then one turns up in the game , All above the rules, just someone forgot to ask what all the money in the treasury was for . ^^

Oh yeh BMM he did that to me too Wink, So dirty player in the head :p +3 injure bye bye nobbla Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It is funny how many coaches don't know the rules and are surprised when they see they cannot block fungus the loon.
Goblins have the best cheap star players to hire. Why should they ignore them?

Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

People can hire star players if they want. But if they hire them after the game is agreed upon without the opponent knows about it, then they're lamers.

If people has enough money for a star player I make them host, and if they hire a star or wiz then I'm not gonna play him
Xtreme

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you could probably save yourself some time and just ask them if they intend to hire a star.
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

i personally don't have a problem when people hire stars last minute to face me

adds to the fluff
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

well, I play mostly stunty, so you bet I'll hire stars if there's enough money laying around, usually there isn't. In ranked, I also play gobbos and flings, they too will hire stars if there's enough money, but the player turn over keeps them a little short of cash. I don't understand the problem peolple have with gobbos hiring stars every now and then. What do they expect, easy cas and lots of TDs for them? Propably... But I do hire the stars right after the last game I played, so they are in the roster if you just bother to check it.
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Skeloboy wrote:
People can hire star players if they want. But if they hire them after the game is agreed upon without the opponent knows about it, then they're lamers.

If people has enough money for a star player I make them host, and if they hire a star or wiz then I'm not gonna play him

That attitude seems more lame to me. Smacks of 10 year olds saying if I don't get to be the pitcher I'm going to take my ball and go home. Think about it: you already expect them to hire a star player, so how many more brain cells need to be activated to ask if they plan on hiring one? And besides, as was stated above, this scenario involved gobbos. Gobbos suck so much it's almost like cherry picking to play them straight up, so if you don't expect them to hire someone if they can, you aren't paying enough attention.

IMHO, of course.
Topper

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Besides since money does count in on ur TR, obviously it´s because U can hire stars or Wizards with them.
And comeon haven´t any of U guys played BB in a league.
Stars and Wizards are heavily used to help switch the table around.
I too would take the star/wizard before the game.
But only to avoid some lame comments.
I think it would be better, if one could hire him in the prematch as in reallife BB.
Problem is though, that if I hire after agreeing the match, my opponent doesn´t get the chance to hire, as in real life BB.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i allwas ask my oppenent if hes ok with it, i am now anyway (after having problems not asking ) you might as well ask, people will be more happy if you ask, ofcourse when you ask it kinda means you would accept a no dosent it? if not why ask?
 Jump to: