34 coaches online • Server time: 02:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Topper wrote:
Besides since money does count in on ur TR, obviously it´s because U can hire stars or Wizards with them.

I'm quite certain that cash *does* count in TR. At the end of a match, my TR goes up, and when I use that cash that I got to buy a new player my TR stays the same. The team strength changes, but the official TR does not.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Cash counts even more than rerolls, since when you buy a reroll the TR of your team goes down.

Lamel

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

You can use them... so use them. If people dont want to play you, then thats their cherry picking right to...

Now it's cherrypicking to not wanna play a game cuz of a starplayer? Get a grip.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course it is. Turning down any team within your str bracket for any reason is cherry picking. Some people take it to extremes, but it is still choosing your matches and thus cherry picking no matter what the reason.

Which doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This is why you should always take dp on doubles on a gobbo team.. Have enough DPs and the last thing yer lamoid opponent will be whinging/worrying about is some 40K gobbo star.

4 dps can be a real colon puckerer to those who fail to check rosters.

Post 9 Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course it is. Turning down any team within your str bracket for any reason is cherry picking.
Wrong line soz

Last edited by Lamel on %b %05, %2005 - %18:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, what it comes down to is, I hate feeling like an idiot. When my "best plan" is rendered useless by something I didn't account for, I feel bad. If I was the type of person who couldn't acknowledge failure well, I would blame the other guy for unfairness.... Reminds me of a statement in the Starcraft "Hall of Shame". The question was something like, "This guy said it wasn't fair because I rushed" the answer? "Rushing means Attacking. If you can only play the game knowing that your opponent won't attack in the first 5 minutes... You're not playing the game"
To translate to Bloodbowl.... If you aren't prepared for any tactic that can legally be used, it's your fault. Can people be sneaky (and mean) YES. I abide by "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I would never run just because my opponent hires a wizard or a star. Never.

But I hate, really HATE, sneaky ppl, so I expect from a fair opponent that he doesn't play tricks on me and just states he's going to buy one star. In tournaments, where there is a schedule, I can accept it as a tactic. But in gamefinder, where you can choose your opponent among a large number of teams, hiring a star or a wizard after having picked the right opponent is just plain coward.

So...
Is it legal to buy a star after a match has been agreed? yes.
Will I ever do this? no.
Will I whine about it if my opponent does? No, because hiring a star is one of my opponent's rights.
Will I ever play that coach again? No, because having a DNP list is one of my rights.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

So...
Is it legal to buy a star after a match has been agreed? yes.
Will I ever do this? no.
Will I whine about it if my opponent does? No, because hiring a star is one of my opponent's rights.
Will I ever play that coach again? No, because having a DNP list is one of my rights.

Amen!!! Preach it Brother!!!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont like DNP lists, just because you dont like someone doesnt mean that you should tell the world, but thats another issue.
To keep things simple I've added a warning to my undead team. It states that if I have free cash, I may/may not hire the count. That way people know that I've got a full squad and 90k spare, I'll probably hire him. I have only hired once this way, usually I sask before hand, its much nicer.

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
dont like DNP lists, just because you dont like someone doesnt mean that you should tell the world

I have a DNP list, but that's on a .txt on my desktop and not on my Info page in Fumbbl... so I'm not telling the world, I just keep my opinions for myself. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats the good way to do it JanMattys. Very Happy

Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you cant remember their name they cant of done anything so terrible as to not play them again, making an actual written list redundant.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

How can anyone expect goblins to follow some star player etiquette (I don't even agree that there is such a thing). Gobbos are gobbos, and they're sneaky and dishonest to the bone. Sometimes other races may be sneaky, too. I say: Go Nobbla, may your chainsaw cut deep into the surprised flesh of those blue-eyed opponents!
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

DoubleSkulls wrote:
With my goblin team I've been took Nobbla for my first 2 games. One of my opponents wasn't too happy, inspite of Nobbla being on my roster before I'd lfg'd.

I think some of the later posts have been missing out on this point - he didn't 'sneak' a demn thing on anyone, the bloody chainsaw was on the roster before he even typed lfg!

I'd like to throw my agreement in on a few points:

1) Playing flings and gobbos who don't hire stars, wizards if they have the cash should be under consideration by the admins as an 'arranged match' unless the fling/gobbo coach can come up with a demn good reason why they saved the cash with a full roster and 8 RR...(or whatever) instead of trying their demn best to win.

2) Freebooting Stars and Wizards after choosing an opponent is the bloody way BB is supposed to be, which is why the LRB lists it as part of the Pre-Match Sequence. Of course, as has been mentioned MANY times before, the opponent should have a similar chance. I would suggest that if you are planning to hire a star/wizard, host the demn game so your opponent can see it and have a chance to hire their own (perhaps tell them in case they don't bother to look). Of course, 90% of the time they don't have the cash to hire anything anyway, but that seems to be besides the point. And if they do back out when they see or hear you've hired a star/wizard, I don't really see that as 'their right to cherry pick,' so much as them using the Fumbbl rules and a quirk of the way the site/client handles pre-game to effectively 'cheat,' since in tabletop they'd be stuck. So you might want to keep that in mind before you even bother to ask them for another match sometime...

3) I got so involved in that rant I forgot what point 3 was supposed to be. In light of this temporary irritation induced amnesia, I will substitute the following: I want a beer.

4) Oh I remember: mstrchef13, I think you read what Topper wrote incorrectly, your statement seems to be written from a contrary point of view. while agreeing with what he says. In all fairness to you, I've read what he typed several times, and although it is perfectly correct English, it seems like he means the cash doesn't count each time I read it. Perhaps due to the word 'does' being immediately followed by the word 'count' which, if you're reading fast, almost contracts to 'doesn't count' I dunno. But this does seem to support point 3, which is that I want a beer.
 Jump to: