41 coaches online • Server time: 10:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
blitzwing

Post 2 Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello bloodbowl enthusiasts. I have been playing bloodbowl for a while now, experiencing many different teams. Yesterday I made a new team, and as I looked through the races, I weighed up their weaknesses and strengths, i.e., Norse - low armour, Khemri - slow etc. In the process, I thought to myself: what team is the most balanced in all facets - strength, speed, armour, skills and so on. In my, humble, opinion, the human team is the most balanced team in bloodbowl. I would greatly like to view the opinions of others on this topic.

When I speak of balance, I am not saying that all the teams are broken. I think all the teams, except perhaps Khemri, are balanced. I mean balanced in a different way: the team that is generally the best equipped to combat all the other teams over the long term or a team that is the best equipped to deal with most of the other teams. I hope I have made myself clear. I guess a better word than balance might be flexible or as mentioned below, jack of all trades. Or in other words (this might be clearer), if you had to pick a team and your opposition would always be random, who would you choose.

P.S. It would be great if a piece of writing exists (if it does, where is it?) that looks each team highlighting their strengths and weaknesses. I would especially be interested in those regarding the humans.

Last edited by blitzwing on %b %10, %2005 - %09:%Feb; edited 6 times in total
Lamel

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Balanced meaning what? good at all or not broken?
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

If by balanced you mean jack of all trades and master of none than thats definatley what humans are. If you mean balanced as in on an equal footing with the field than i'd have to say humans are kinda weak overall. Not that they are crap but they are a little on the weak side.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sitting between 2 chairs is normally not a good thing, and I think that is what humans do. Weaker than Orcs or Dwarfs and less agile than elves, but on the other hand faster than Orcs and Dwarfs and stronger than elves becasue they have 4 with strength skill access. So I guess humans have the most versatile roster, and that makes them balanced.
I would pick Orcs if my opposition were random.

/Rusk
blitzwing

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

good reply ruck - interesting. I agree about the orcs - they are flexible. I just seem to think in theory that sitting between two chairs should be good thing.
Topper

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, humans doesn´t have any outstanding weaknesses, but neither do they have any great strenghts.
So yes it´s a fairly balanced team.
But I don´t understand why Khemri is "broken". They are slow, and dies easily. Just destroy their weak players, and foul the mummies if they are down.
Any Khemri guy who cries about that, well what can U say. Just look at what they excel at -Yes destroying...
back to subject though. Humans are a fairly good team.
Both from the start and later on.
A few ST og AG on the right players can greatly improve them though.
Think however that after the defloration of the bigguys, Humans will have a even harder time against ST teams.
Madhat

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the orcs are pretty balanced too, they might not be that fast but on the other hand
they aint that slow either.

but thats me, iwe always been kinda bashy by nature. Smile

id go the orc route if i had to choose betwwen them and the hoomies.

i guess they didnt put them in the starterbox for nothing Wink.

Btw: KHEMRI IS THe WAaAAY.
blitzwing

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This may sound like a self-defeating, even boring idea, but why not a league where your team can be chosen from every race with a universal reroll charge. It would be fascinating to see what the more popular types of players and combinations of players people would choose, not too mention those combinations whihc seem to work brilliantly.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd pick Orcs.

But humans work pretty well, assuming you are lucky with injury rolls... Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans don't have the armor to remain in a fight and don't have the agility to avoid fights. What good is speed if your players have a good chance of failing dodges? I say Humans suck, and that's exactly why I keep playing them.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

blitzwing wrote:
This may sound like a self-defeating, even boring idea, but why not a league where your team can be chosen from every race with a universal reroll charge. It would be fascinating to see what the more popular types of players and combinations of players people would choose, not too mention those combinations whihc seem to work brilliantly.

Id gladly play.
Calador

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

How can anyone say orcs are balanced ?
4 blitzers with AV9, 4 ST4 blockers with ST9, linemen with AV9, a big guy, and decent throwers (low MA though)
Orcs are possibly the strongest team around.
Humans are well balanced, not too good, not too bad... Just don't think you can play ball better than the elves, or bash better than the bashers.
Khemri, Ogre, and Elf on the other hand.... well, I'll not even get started on my oppinion of them.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Just don't think you can play ball better than the elves, or bash better than the bashers.

That's why you should bash the elves and play ball against the orcs, I suppose Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Calador"]How can anyone say orcs are balanced ?
quote]
I didnt say orcs are balanced, I said I will choose them if all my opponents are random.
Edit: I'd probably be torn between Orcs and Darkelves

And I join JanMattys in how humans should be played, bash the ballhandling teams and play ball against the stronger teams (I think any AG3 team is too risky to play serious ball with, but at least humans get the skill rerolls)

Last edited by Rusk on %b %10, %2005 - %11:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
simme

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans and orcs are bought good teams, with orcs being slightly better in long term because of the armor.

Skaven on the other hand can be very nasty with the right skill rolls and is the team i compare humans with most of the time.
 Jump to: