77 coaches online • Server time: 20:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I day that Skaven is the best team to use against random opponents. Sure the linerats fall to pieces, but they dont need them. Angry ratogres, decent blockers, fast throwers but mostly, the gutter runners. I think almost everyone has been in the situation when you have bashed the whole team more or less, but STILL those pesky guttersnipes come running aound, blitzing, picking up the ball in X tacklezones, doging away for a certain TD.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs and the darkies are the most balanced.

Orcs can do pretty much anything (although they can't do any of it that well).
The darkies can pick apart and opponent weakness and ram touchdowns down their stinking throats.

Humans just suck.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless you play elves all the time, I have no idea how you'd get humans higher than TR200. My humans are forever recovering from their last game against dwarfs, chaos or orcs.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

blitzwing wrote:
Or in other words (this might be clearer), if you had to pick a team and your opposition would always be random, who would you choose.

Orcs.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

blitzwing wrote:
Or in other words (this might be clearer), if you had to pick a team and your opposition would always be random, who would you choose.

Dwarves.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
Orcs and the darkies are the most balanced.

Orcs can do pretty much anything (although they can't do any of it that well).
The darkies can pick apart and opponent weakness and ram touchdowns down their stinking throats.

Humans just suck.

Darkies are way to slow to be considered the best team to "pick apart and opponent weakness and ram touchdowns down their stinking throats". That honor would probably go to high elves which have pretty much the same durability as darkies but can play ball a lot better and have the movement to exploit your oponents failures.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The three teams with the 'basic' roster are the Orks on the bashy side, Humans in the middle and Skaven for speed.

Orks are undoubtedly a good team but I've always preferred the passing teams and loved playing Skaven.

Humans are fast enough to escape many of the really hard hitting teams and have 4 blitzers which are really useful. I would guess that a Dark elf team is probably better in the long run though (once you can actually afford to have a team not entirely of linemen), similar roster but the extra AG.

Humans and Orks probably have about the best teams to start with, you can buy pretty much the team that you want in the long run and still afford re-rolls galore. No chance of that with Elves.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to add my own .02$ and go slightly off topic: Back when you could hire and keep starplayers, the humans were the best team as they had 4 great starplayers.
thesquig

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

In a TR100 random opponent situation, I'd take undead every time. Although they arnt the best high TR team I love Undead anyway, so thats my bias.

At TR100 the best teams are Undead, Chaos Dwarfs, Humans and Amazons.

For later on I'd sayall of the Elf teams and Chaos rule at high TR.

Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
similar roster but the extra AG.

This is where most coaches get it wrong. They are only similar in stats. Five players with acces to guard and MB makes a WORLD of difference. Also that catchers are faster than any dark elves. Humans are faster AND stronger than dark elves.

Human do excell at thing no else team do. They have bashing power and lightning fast scorers. The orcs don't really have much of a passing play (although good coaches make use of goblin catchers). The humans can use a certain tactic better than any other team and that is: "Threaten with catchers in the opponents backfield, forcing them to mark these with two players each which in turn give you the chance to lay a smacking to the other team and advance down the middle. Sure you can do this sucessfully with dark elves to but you don't really have the power to make good use of a player advantage in the centre field or as fast catchers.

Having said this, of course there are weaknesses, the one I have felt most is that human blitzers take a lot of punishment - making your team struggle with injuries permanently once you reach higher TR in a closed league.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans are quite capable of getting over TR 200 even playing chaos/orcs (I should know--my old human team could never get a game in vs anybody BUT orcs/chaos half the time, yet got to TR 265). However, in my experience they have their best win/loss record below TR 150, which is unfortunate for me, as I like team building and would have to be continually cropping the team to get below that threshold.

High TR my skaven have had an excellent time being at least competitive in every game I've played. The right mutations, support skills all around, skilled linerats to support the gutters, that's the way to go imho. I love my skaven, and would play them vs most other races...but if it's vs ALL other races, then humans or darkies.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Orcs and the darkies are the most balanced

Hihihihi
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Now i know I've heard everything. Dark elves are the team to go with against any random team! Please lol. Dark elves are the crapiest elf team and thats not even taking into account the non elf teams that kick the living crap out of them. The cooler paint job is nice and all but other than that darkies don't have jack or $hit going for them.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
Now i know I've heard everything. Dark elves are the team to go with against any random team! Please lol. Dark elves are the crapiest elf team and thats not even taking into account the non elf teams that kick the living crap out of them. The cooler paint job is nice and all but other than that darkies don't have jack or $hit going for them.

My personal ranking is as follows:
Elf - for having cheap linemen (that extra move of the woodelves isn't worth the extra 10k imho) and for getting a useful double skill with their catchers.

Dark Elf - 4 blitzers is always a good thing and witchelves start with 2 double skills.

Woodelf - Treeman + 2 Wardancers. The speed on the catchers is nice, but St. 2 is a big minus.

High Elf - What exactly have these guys going for them? Their Blitzers aren't as good as the equivalent Elf or Woodelf players and they have 2 less than the Darkelfs. Their Catchers stink in comparison to Elf Catchers as well. Two thumbs down.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:

High Elf - What exactly have these guys going for them? Their Blitzers aren't as good as the equivalent Elf or Woodelf players and they have 2 less than the Darkelfs. Their Catchers stink in comparison to Elf Catchers as well. Two thumbs down.

umm interestingly their catchers are faster than any dark elf
and there blitzers are more durable than the elf teams blitzers ,

If you look at it some of their stats are better than dark elves and some are better than elfs and then some are worse than dark elves and some are worse than elfs .........ummm... strange ....why have they done that ....ummm....
 Jump to: