53 coaches online • Server time: 23:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Vamps win another ma...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Madhat

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the newest addition to the warhammer world
and we cant leave the poor little buggars without a team now can we.

0-16 Gnoblar 5 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, 40k

0-4 Trappers 5 3 3 7 Stunty, Shadowing 60k

0-1 Ogre

0-2 Yeythees 4 5 2 8 Big guy, Really stupid , Frenzy RSC throw teammate 120k

0-2 Scraplauncher 3 6 1 10 Big guy, Ttm, Ball and chain, bomb

RR 50k.

this is my first team proposal, be gentle Wink.
mUst

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

HAHA
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

too much... waaaaayyyy too much....
Calador

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

We want balanced teams, not a team that was designed to be way better than anything else.
My advice : Scratch the team and try again
dtahyaio

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You want a team with FIVE Big Guys, AND FOUR St3 players??

Thats hardly stunty at all! From what I know and have seen of stunty, its about balancing out the strength of your powerful players with your stunties - ideally, you should be looking at 2-3 players of st3+, and then a team based on st1 or st2 stunties - depending on how powerful the BGs and powerful players are - not 9 of them!!
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to assume that this team was intended to follow the rules that you can have a max of two big guys and then provide a selection kinda like flings can have 0-2 ogres and 0-2 trees but only two total. That said this list is just silly. However it does make me curiouse if the client would allow a ball and chain player to ttm because that would be an amusing player lol.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

...or to throw a bomb...

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

suggestion: I'm not into team designing, but to be constructive...

Scrap the 2 scraplaunchers and the ogre, keep the Yeythees (Yayteeth) and make the Trappers str1 and sidestep... i guess they will get the usual skills, like S,G for the biggies and A for the stunties?

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think gnobblers come from the ogre kingdoms book for warhammer or something like that so why not just scrap the other big guys and have ogres, and of course get rid of the str 3 guys. But then you have a pretty boring team. Have to know more of the fluff to be able to design a team around them but a stunty team for them does fit into the warhammer world pretty well.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

get rid of the yehtees, scraplaunchers and make the trappers str 2 and it would be ok
johan

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Madhat, your name is truly well chosen. Smile

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, just ran over to games workshops site to check out the minis and read the fluff thats there. As it turns out there are two types of gnoblar minis, fighters and trappers. The trapper minis are really cool looking with little guys prying open bear traps and other assorted silliness and the fighters are just your normal gnoblars. It also states that gnoblars fall between snotlings and goblins in size and that the trappers are the largest gnoblars. The scrapalauncher is a massive rhino drawn catapult like warmachine so i don't think it really fits into bloodbowl. The gnoblars main association is with ogres not yeythees so i'd say drop them as well. However there is a huge variety of differant ogres in the ogre kingdoms book so maybe theres something to work with there. So heres a quick list i just dreamed up and threw togethor.

**note the team is allowed two big guys TOTAL you just get to pic from a variety of differant ones, like flings**

0-16 Gnoblar 5 1 3 7 Stunty, dodge, right stuff 30k (A)

0-4 Trappers 4 2 3 7 Stunty, dodge, tentacles 60k (A)

0-2 Ogre Maneater 5 5 2 9 Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Bone Head, TTM 120k (G,S)

0-2 Ogre Gorger 6 5 1 8 Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal, Frenzy 130k (G,S)

0-2 Ogre Iron Gut 4 5 2 10 Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Bonehead, Stand Firm 130k (G,S)

Now I'll go over what each player is in more detail.

Gnoblar:
Your basic Gnoblar is weaker than a goblin but at the same time a good bit tougher than a snotling. I felt the str 1 and av 7 pretty accuratley depicted there in between the two nature. As a player they aren't all that grate but they can take a decent beating.

Gnoblar Trapper:
The trappers are the largest of the gnoblars so they are about as strong as a goblin. They lost a point of movement to reflect the heavy traps, chains and nets they carry around with them slowing them down a bit. Tentacles represents there use of nets, traps and other assorted things to capture and hold nearby players they don't actually have tentacles. The str 2 tentacles players also add something new to the stunty league and doesn't walk on anyone elses schtick.

Ogre Maneater:
This is just your basic ogre but with the approptiate name from the Ogre kingdoms book. Note that the basic ogre is the only one capable of using ttm.

Ogre Gorger:
Gorgers are degenarte ogres tragically born without a fat belly. These freaks are cast into the deapest warpstone infested caves where only the most insane and brutal manage to eak out a subhuman (subogre?) life. The years of living alone in the depths drives them to become ravenouse beasts that live only to kill. This is reflected by there similarity to a mino or rat ogre rather than an ogre.

Ogre Iron Gut:
Iron Guts are ogres that are rich enough to adorn themselves with more armor than your basic gut plate. This is reflected by there increased armor value and the stand firm ability. All that metal and increased girth that comes with wealth in ogre society does slow them down thus a movement decrease.

Overall:
The team presents 3 new elements to stunty. First, it has a mix of str 1 and 2 players making up it's basic stunties. This can be found also in the skryre team but to a much lesser extent and play style wise in not the same way at all. Second it has players with str 2 and tentacles a new and interesting but not to powerfull (imo) addition that has a great influance on how you play the team. Third it offers you a wide selection of differant big guys to choose form so you can customize your team and playstyle more than any other stunty team. This makes it so there will be some variety among gnoblar teams rather than every team looking the same.

As far as fluff goes, everything in the team was taken directly out of the Warhammer book on Ogres and Gnobblars so by definition they fit perfectly into the warhammer world. In the fluff for ogres it makes mention many times of the fact that ogres suffer from a strong wanderlust that sends them all over the old world and what better way to do it than by playing blood bowl and why not bring your little pets along for the ride. I would have liked to have worked in the ogres ravenouse apetite in some way but ofab is already well represented in stunty so i left that out. Other than that i'd say it fits the ogre and gnoblar fluff perfectly.

As far as balance goes, since the team essentially follows the 2 big guys and 9 stuntys model but the majority of there stunties are str 1 and there big boys are pretty standard, I find it hard to see how they could be overpowered. I doubt tentacles are that amazing since most stunties pick up diving tackle which has roughly the same effect so all in all i'd say they are probably a little weak, but it's best to start weak as we all know. Hope you don't think i'm insane but i really like it. Smile

Last edited by thmbscrws on %b %10, %2005 - %13:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

On an interesting side note, the fluff for ogres now seems to support them playing on fling teams like they used to as it mentions that the ogres have an ingrained affinity for halflings and where both created by the old ones at the same time as the last races made or something like that. Doesn't have anything to do with gnoblars but it does mean it's not such a stretch for ogres to play on fling teams. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

how about giving the trappers tackle or diving tackle?
johan

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... the Big Guys are great, especially the Iron Gut. This looks solid - if anything, it's weaker than the other Big Guy teams, perhaps more on the level of Halflings.

Which is good, since the Big Guy teams are overpowered, as a rule. I can't see this team holding up too well against Nurglings or Goblins, but since those are too good currently, that's as it should be.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
 Jump to: