29 coaches online • Server time: 11:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dooby

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

This is an idea that is essentially pinched and changed – I would give credit to the creator but I have forgotten who it was.

It’s essentially a Halfling Acrobat Team.

Team

0 - 16 Halfling Acrobat 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Throw Team Mate A 40,000
0 – 2 Halfling Cannon 3 3 3 9 Always Hungry, Blunderbuss, Throw Team Mate S P 70,000
0 – 1 Clown 5 2 3 6 Bomb, Dodge, Right Stuff, A P 50,000

Stars
0 - 1 Cauldron Swinger 5 5 2 6 Ball & Chain, Guard 30,000
0 - 1 Bearded Lady 4 3 2 9 Block, Tackle, Thick Skull 100,000

Now Don't ravage too much as this is mainly to get into Hunters experimental league and I know where you all live and will pop round your houses in the middle of the night...
TheViking

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it!

The concept is funny and it doesn't look uber-powerful...I assume it will be mostly for stunty of course...
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

looks kinda lot like gnomes... only weaker...except they can ttm each other, which might prove useful Smile
Lamel

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet! Images of a tournament called Freakshow Circus already swirling in me sick mind.
celas

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is from Evo's Circus team
Dooby

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

that would be the one - I knew it was someone named after a type of glue

In playtesting by myself..boo They got beaten up quite a bit but hey they are halfing, they're supposed to!
celas

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Submit it to Hunter's stunty compendium to playtest them in a league in a few weeks if you want help. But you may have to thumb-wrestle Evo for the rights to the Acrobat player Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

We could have them both - and mine are better anywho Smile
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I think the circus team is a lot beter. Canons are kinda the gnomes deal and the circus team avoids using them while staying original and campy.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Why hasn't the circus team been added? It's great.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes don't have any priests on their teams

Might be a bit obscure for ya that one Wink
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Gnomes don't have any priests on their teams

Might be a bit obscure for ya that one

Canon

Is that it? Wink

I like the idea, but feel it needs more... not sure what to add though. I think I'd drop the cannon, since the regular players are AG3 and can throw just as well. Plus, the cannon and the bomber are very similar to Gnomes. The clown is fine, but will get tossed pretty quick... maybe have 0-2?

It needs something else, and I'm trying to think of other 'acrobatic' ideas. Gymnasts? Contortionists? Trapeeze Artists? Tumblers?

Try to think of something that could deal with big guys, too, or at least can dish out a bit of damage. I'll post again if something good comes to mind. Smile

~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the regular players can't throw just as well. Stunty+TTM causes strangeness with the pass ranges. I'm not sure the client would handle it right, but I think a Quick Pass would be at -1; Short Pass at -2; and Long Pass+ unthrowable.

I would say make it 0-2 Circus Cannon 2 5 2 9 Always Hungry, Big Guy, Blunderbuss, Bomb, Throw Team Mate with GS access. The penalty roll on Bomb makes an interesting limitation. Cost 100k.

Allow 0-4 Clowns, but make them normal halfings with Jump Up for 50k. After all, you can't keep a good clown down.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

nice one Hunter you got me Smile

Thanks for the ideas how about the Flea 4 1 2 7 Iron Man, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff 70,000 A

Made of sterner stuff the flea is fired from cannons for a living - a piffling game of Blood Bowl is of little consequence to him or maybe as another star and drop the pricetag to 40,000 per game
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Still seems way to much like the circus team and the circus team has been in developement for much longer.