42 coaches online • Server time: 13:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

What about a team, with 2 BG and regular players, but who could be some kind of an all star team. Well an random all star team.

Every time you buy a big guy you end up with a random selected big guy. This means a beast could end up with an treeman.

Big guy cost should be something like 130k

Same counts stuntys:

random selection but always at 60k.

The team's concept would be:

"Brought together by a great coach/conjurator, this team is brought from different dimensions to play alltogether in a great bloodbowl mess."

Maybe to get something even (and not a long term unbeatable team), guys could suffer from something like unstability.

Unstability: at start of each turn, roll 2d6. If 2 occurs, player suffer from instability. roll a new d6:
->6 he's safe
->4-5: instable power->he can't play this turn (stunned)
->2-3: low power->he vanish from game (BH bow)
->1: connection to conjurer lost (considered as dead).

Well rules are pretty unclear to me right now, but I am definitely sure that concept could be fun.
Alanir

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with these random team ideas is that there is no limit to how many teams you could possibly create, so anybody could make 100 of them just to get the 'perfect' setup for their style.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

And it would require all kinds of new coding to work.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus wont even be playable in the client..
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there might be too many problems with implementation of such a team to spend too much time considering it. You might be better off attempting to create an allied team, if you are looking for a mixture.

For example, you could create something like a "Thieves' Guild" team. Such guilds are in every major city and most minor cities in Warhammer, and it would make sense that some thieves would gather in bands to earn a bit of extra money on the Blood Bowl circuit. Perhaps, the thieves most likely to do so would be of a diminutive nature, and could be of various races (thieves have their own 'code' you know, which transcends racial boundaries). You could make up whatever fluff you want!

The team might include players like Leprechauns, Chaos Halfings with Extra Arms, Goblins with Sure Hands, Nurglings with Two Heads (they act as lookouts, or sentries, for the other thieves), a Goblin Kicker or two, a couple of hired thugs (e.g., 5 4 2 8 Bone Head, Break Tackle, Knuckledusters), etc. I had a list somewhere at some point when I was contemplating the idea, but then spent my time on the Chimaera team.

If anyone is interested in working on the idea, I could find the list and send it your way. I don't plan on doing anything with it currently, but I may in the future if no one else does.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with none of you.

Fisrt creating the top TR 100 team is somehow impossible to keep the way. Remember that it is stunty + the fact guys can disappear due to instability make such goals pretty dull.

Hard to code?

Hum I am no programmator but
x=int(100*random)+1
if x=1 then player1=nurglin
if x=2 then player2=....

Well ok the roll for stability could cause work....same as something like bluderbuss or deathroller no?

Just add a skill.

So impossible to code?

No way

Hard to code

No way too

Concept quality? more arguable.
Lazerus101

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I just simply dont think this would work as a team. Would be no fun to play imho.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It would require the creation of new skills and change to the code in the client. These are things that it has been stated time and time again will not be done for stunty for a variety of reasons. First stunty is just for laughs so christer shouldn't be bothered to go and spend his valuable time reworking the website for it. Second, even if we did start coding all kinds of new rules and skills and game effects for stunty it would get really out of control really quick. New team ideas are great and we definatley need them but we have to stick within the existing rules for the client and the website. I didn't make this up it's just how it is.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you wanted to make some kind of stunty pact team that would be doable but the whole disapearing and random player thing is out of the question i believe. You could probably even use the rules from the pact teams. ie. you can take two of these or one of these from this team or that etc.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
thmbscrws:
First stunty is just for laughs.

Is it only stunty that´s for fun? Imo its all just for fun.. don´t know anybody playing BB for a living. Stop taking this so damn serious....
/XL
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't say it wasn't all for fun, i said stunty was just for laughs. Meaning it is just there as a comic side kick to real blood bowl and isn't meant to be taken as competetively. There are plenty of games you play for fun that aren't intended to be funny.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry my bad. Some does take it too serious though. imo anyway

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

Hard to code?
Just add a skill.

So impossible to code?

No way

Hard to code

No way too

Think it this way:
Is it hard to do laundry? No.
Is it hard to do the dishes? No.

ok, now why dont you do laundry and dishes in every fumbbl coaches home...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

Hard to code?
Just add a skill.

So impossible to code?

No way

Hard to code

No way too

Think it this way:

tell me were you live, invite me and I'll do laundry and dishes. But I'll add some thing of my own about what I think.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
peikko wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

Hard to code?
Just add a skill.

So impossible to code?

No way

Hard to code

No way too

Think it this way:

tell me were you live, invite me and I'll do laundry and dishes. But I'll add some thing of my own about what I think.

What in the hell does that mean?????? Confused