53 coaches online • Server time: 20:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

I left FUMBBL a few months ago because I needed a break. I was getting too attatched to my teams, not having much fun anymore etc. I didn't do a DDF and announce my leaving in spectacular style just in case I came back, cos then I'd look silly Very Happy

Anyway, I'm going to come back to FUMBBL tonight, and play a game or 2. I've retired all my teams except my lovely Fairies, so I cans start fresh.

Cya around.
LordS

PS. Is 4vs4 still around or has it died a terrible death? It's my favourite type of game so I may have to go on a mass recruitment drive for it.
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well wellcome back. Hope you will have fun again in FUMBBL!

btw what is 4 against 4?
TheViking

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back Smile

I think 4vs4 is still around...I enjoy it too Smile
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Bascrebolder wrote:
Well wellcome back. Hope you will have fun again in FUMBBL!

btw what is 4 against 4?

4v4 is umm 4 v 4 bloodbowl , build a regular team then retire all but 4 players , then play other crazy loons who are into the same things as you ;0
TheViking

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Another variant is to have a regular 11 man team, but then you designate your players as either Offense, Defense, or Reserve (4, 4, and 3, respectively). When you are kicking you may onlu field your defense players, when recieving only offense, and the reserves are for when people are KO'ed or worse...is great fun as well...

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

theres several versions, i think the 5 star league (with 5 players per team) is looking for new mwmbers, although i might be wrong

"Best Bar in This Street"
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, 5 players, i might have to try that out
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back.

Monday Night Fourball (5-man teams, field 4 per drive and 5th sits in the corner) is temporarily inactive, because the same crowd is playing the Bare Bones Tourney for a few weeks. Then we'll probably switch back at the end of the month or in March.

I know Freefragger is off serving some time (mandatory military drills he claims... Yeah, right. Smile ) but I assume that 4vs4 IT is still going strong. Haven't checked in myself, so I'm not sure on that one.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

you could always try Just For fun group if you want, but it really is just for fun

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2121

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

welcome back. and congratulations on beating my quitting record of 5 hours Laughing

maybe theres some sort of fumbllholics anonymous that can help us when we try to re-enter normal life.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:

I know Freefragger is off serving some time (mandatory military drills he claims... Yeah, right. Smile ) but I assume that 4vs4 IT is still going strong. Haven't checked in myself, so I'm not sure on that one.

Sorry to say that 4vs4IT is not really happening at the moment, which is a dang shame, but without FreeFragger to hold it all together, it sorta went idle. I sure do miss it...made games during lunch break here at work so much more viable...
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSigmund wrote:
Hi guys,

I left FUMBBL a few months ago because I needed a break. I was getting too attatched to my teams, not having much fun anymore etc.

The same thing happened to me. I took a break for a few months and it did wonders for my attitude.
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

you can further enhance your experience of BB as a GAME rather than an emotional investment by using ozjesting's wonderful Loony Tunes Sound Pack. /plug

works for me.
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Just Four Fun looks cool, if it's active I'll be there regularly Very Happy
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

4vs4 IT Rebirth
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2227

4vs4 League II
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2120

I'm baaAAaack!!!

Just recreated my 2 old groups, with some little twists!!!! IRc Channels are not "Nuffled" yet, and Im looking for a commish crew for the IT group. But for all the 4vs4 lovers, one of the founder of the 4vs4 game style is back for good!!!

Jump to: