49 coaches online • Server time: 15:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Throw Team Mate Land...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

*paulhicks holds his head in his hands as another thread turns into pointless insults and abuse

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The E.L.F. is a group of elves who play against all the other races, to include khemri, dwarves, etc. Yeah, we're picky about not playing 15 claw/rsc/po/dp member teams, but who isn't? So come join the revolution against the perception of weakness!

Thread hijack over...

Paul, I hear ya. Can't we all just get along? C'mon, let's all hold hands and sing kum-bah-yah! Hold your bic lighter high, peeps! Can't you feel the love?!?

...No? Probably b/c everybody takes these posts too personally...

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK is right. I don't want to use my orc team against a guy with 10 claw/rsc/po/dp. It can mangle any team. But again I love playing against bashy teams, especially using elf teams. Elves want to smack it up too.

Jeffro
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would an elven coach ever play vs a khemri team? Or a Chaos team with multple Claw/RSC? Don't even get me started on Dwarves... 90% of the players having ST skill access?? I enjoy making new teams as much as the next but it doesnt mean I wanna do it every day. Ppl wanna sling the words 'Coward' or 'Cherry Picker' when we say no to a game like that? You're a Coward and a Cherry Picker for asking. Looking for a game so you can clear the field of opposition in one drive is no different than me saying NO to your offer so I can air it out on the next coach and his woodies. If you ever bothered to play a game vs elves where you tried to score stright away and weren't out to kill ppl first, you'd proabably get smoked like so much bacon.
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems a bit excessive to seriously apply the word coward to people because of how they play a board game. It's just not important enough to get bent out of shape over. Get pissed off over real life stuff - or, even better, just relax and try not get pissed off over anything.

If this game is important enough to anybody that you are regularly getting upset over it, then it's time to take a long break from Bloodbowl. You wouldn't be the first to do so, either.

Personally, I don't get much enjoyment out of playing against dwarves. It results in a slow, grinding game. Also, I play with mainly lower AV teams, and even if I end up winning the game, I lose too many players to make it worthwhile.

Case in point, I played against dwarves recently with my skaven. I ended up getting two players niggled, including a +st, frenzy linerat. In return, I didn't cause a single cas against him. To top it off, he fouled constantly. Sure, that's a perfectly legitimate tactic with dwarves, but it definitely doesn't give me any motivation to come back for a second game.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, Origami!!!! I've said it before.... Judge me by playing me, I'm sorry if I sounded like I wasn't doing that, I will play anyone once, no matter what they post in forums.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

*Joins the ring and sings along: kum-bah-yah!

OMG. Another one of those treads. Can´t everybody just be friends? Grouphugg!

*Nordmark tries to achieve world peace. Looking for recruits to help him in this noble quest.

Why play Khemriwith an Elf team? Because you can dodge away from their mummies forcing them to only make a single block/bitz per turn. Why play vs 15 claws with any team? ... ... ... Nah...I can´t really find a good answer to that..

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Theres a whole lot of people continuously complaining about not getting games with thier bashy teams, and a whole lot of people complaining about not wanting to play them. I think that bashy teams are harder to play than Ag teams. Bashy teams are much more frustrating to play with. Trying to pass with them is Head achey with the best odds. Walking the ball up the field is sometimes a mind numbing task, but what else can you do? Calling a guy a coward is a little extreme. Elves are cherry Pickers. Its much easeir to get ssp with elves. Building a Bashy team is an art. Not a Picasso, but still art. You call them boring? I call them defensive. Dodging away from other players is cowardess. Standing there and recieving the beating you most likely diserved is brave. Then again I get more pleasure out of a defensive battle than a shoot out (and my record shows it.)

Jeffro
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ain't nothing wrong with world peace and grouphugs...we're trying to put HUG back in HUGbowl...er, wait a sec...
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:

Paul, I hear ya. Can't we all just get along? C'mon, let's all hold hands and sing kum-bah-yah! Hold your bic lighter high, peeps! Can't you feel the love?!?

heh... its a bit much to make out like im a hippy cus i get fed up with childish people taking this all too seriously and acting like jerks to each other Very Happy
but as ive said before total respect to E.L.F. members for trying to cross the divide and play all teams.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

All we are saying..... Is give Dwarves a chance......... Wink Actually I was playing with my dwarves the other day, and tossed a short pass down the sidelines. My opponents response was, "Dwarves don't pass!" I actually laughed out loud. I think playing bashy teams to win is fun and challenging, I get no particular pleasure from killing (except that minotaur that one time)(and Paul's teams) Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind it much when elves dodge games vs a team like my chaos (although I would like it if they sometimes accepted a game as wel...). What mostly ticks me of is stronger bashy teams dodging weaker bashy teams because of a few claws. Like a few days ago I had an undead team refusing to play my chaos (who at the time had 4 claws and one dp) whilst he had over 3 tr and str on me... that's what I call lame to the max... If you wanna bash, be prepared to be bashed as well. Looking at my match record, I might have taken this principle a bit to extreme as my team has been virtually crippled in 2 games time... Of course, this is also because I'm in my worst luck streak ever. Even with 4 claws and one dp I hardly manage a cas a game.
Imo, av9 teams should be prepared ot accept any challenge given to them within reasonable tr/st-range.

To return to the topic: your dwarfs main prob has been stated before. Low FF and high bashyness isn't an attractive combination.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Why play vs 15 claws with any team? ... ... ... Nah...I can´t really find a good answer to that..

I can answer that. Bragging rights.

Your team is only as strong and successful as the opponents it's willing to play.

You don't have to play intimidating match-ups often, but at least give them a shot once in awhile. Plus, the sweet sound of death is much more satisfying when it's that uber-"crab"-beastman sent to the grave! BAHAHAHAHA! (when it happens, advertise his stinking corpse as a trophy on your team webpage!)

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Firestata wrote:
If you look on my old teams in stunty you see a lot of pygmies and C halflings who is not a really bashy team. If you look in unranked you see amazon and skinks. If you look in ranked you see humans, wood elfs (who unfortantly was massacred), skaven and my still going lizzies. Yes I played three elf teams first and got the high TR of 109. I have played Chaos, Chaos dwarves, orcs, lizzies and Khemri and I have got losses but I still struggle on because its fun to play the game. Thats why I play.

And When I look at your dark elves I see no game vs Chaos, Chaos dwarves and Khemri at all so you have just spoken bullshit. There is mostly just games at other elves, skaven and normally bashy teams like Ogres and Undead. Behind the critics on my playing there is only a coward behind, too fearful to play bashy teams.

<Openly snickering at firestata's wounded pride>

Did you read the team bio? My dark elf team is an ELF member. I play people in my TR range of any race. Why haven't I played Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, or Khemri? Because (1) lately I only get to play 2 or 3 games per week amongst all my teams, and (2) lately I haven't found any of those teams in my TR range. When that opportunity happens I will take it. So I will take pride in the games I play, knowing that I'm secure in myself and realizing that it's just a game, and not worry about the rantings of an insecure person who needs to resort to cursing to show how really angry he is he got challenged. Check please, and good night.
Firestata

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

mstrchef13 wrote:
Firestata wrote:
If you look on my old teams in stunty you see a lot of pygmies and C halflings who is not a really bashy team. If you look in unranked you see amazon and skinks. If you look in ranked you see humans, wood elfs (who unfortantly was massacred), skaven and my still going lizzies. Yes I played three elf teams first and got the high TR of 109. I have played Chaos, Chaos dwarves, orcs, lizzies and Khemri and I have got losses but I still struggle on because its fun to play the game. Thats why I play.

And When I look at your dark elves I see no game vs Chaos, Chaos dwarves and Khemri at all so you have just spoken bullshit. There is mostly just games at other elves, skaven and normally bashy teams like Ogres and Undead. Behind the critics on my playing there is only a coward behind, too fearful to play bashy teams.

<Openly snickering at firestata's wounded pride>

Did you read the team bio? My dark elf team is an ELF member. I play people in my TR range of any race. Why haven't I played Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, or Khemri? Because (1) lately I only get to play 2 or 3 games per week amongst all my teams, and (2) lately I haven't found any of those teams in my TR range. When that opportunity happens I will take it. So I will take pride in the games I play, knowing that I'm secure in myself and realizing that it's just a game, and not worry about the rantings of an insecure person who needs to resort to cursing to show how really angry he is he got challenged. Check please, and good night.

Wonder who is the insecure person here after reading this reply.

I could argue about the insults at me, but that just sickens me. I have already told of my opinion, and I dont really care if you like it or not
 Jump to: