47 coaches online • Server time: 15:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
have repeatedly emphasized that fluff is unimportant in stunty leeg.

If this is about what I have said, you should have read more carefully. Fluff is not unimportant, I have even said some stunty concepts can not happen just cause their fluff is so non-blood bowl. Uniquess is and will be number one, but teams should be also interesting and playable. What I have said is that fluff aint number one and I dont personally think stunty blood bowl teams are bound strictly to warhammer world.
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

How about Chaos Ogres as the big guys for chaos halflings.

Then move Minos to a beastman team with ungors.

That makes more sense to me than anything else.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

britnoth wrote:
Jellies are supposed to be a team for experienced coaches.

They sound more like a team geared for preschoolers. Can you come up with a boogy man team as well?

Jeffro
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Jackbedead wrote:
How about Chaos Ogres as the big guys for chaos halflings.

Its actually not bad idea of all to get rid of the minos in the chaos flings, maybe with another carver too. But lets see what happens. Theres been couple changes just lately and lets see what way things seems to go before making more changes to stunty.
Would be nice to hear thou what people think could be difference beetween ogre and chaos ogre.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

An Chaos Ogre could either be just an ordinary Ogre, maybe add physcial access, maybe withdraw one movement allowance, exchange Bonehead for Wild Animal/Really Stupid or add Always Hungry.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:
An Chaos Ogre could either be just an ordinary Ogre, maybe add physcial access, maybe withdraw one movement allowance, exchange Bonehead for Wild Animal/Really Stupid or add Always Hungry.

Slow but armored minotaur? Come on...
Webbe

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Webbe wrote:

Slow but armored minotaur? Come on...

Nah, A Chaotic Ogre. What's your point? All big guys are alike anyway. The ones with same negatrait at least. An RO is a fast mino with tail instead of horns, the beast is a troll with tentacles, the krox is a fast ogre with a tail.

Ogres are resistant to mutations so hence that and Chaos Ogre would be very much like a normal Ogre.

Come on...
Wukong

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I know (and I'm not an expert on Warhammer fluff) the difference with ordinary and chaos ogres is the temperament! Oh, and a few chaos ogres have two heads (great for eating contests!).

Even the ultra-chaotic dragon-ogres are resistant to further mutations!

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
britnoth wrote:
Jellies are supposed to be a team for experienced coaches.

They sound more like a team geared for preschoolers. Can you come up with a boogy man team as well?

Ok.

0-2 Dancing Dinosaur 6-5-1-9 Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Big Guy, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Throw Team Mate - 120k G, S
0-16 Disco-lings 5-2-3-7 Dodge, Stunty, Right stuff, Leap - 40k A

or, you could not just dismiss a team just because it uses a creature you are unfamiliar with.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:

0-2 Dancing Dinosaur 6-5-1-9 Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Big Guy, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Throw Team Mate - 120k G, S
0-16 Disco-lings 5-2-3-7 Dodge, Stunty, Right stuff, Leap - 40k A

Why not go all the way?
0-1 Travolta 7-4-2-8 frenzy, wild animal
0-16 Disco Ball 4-2-2-6 ball&chain
Mith

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

0-1 Purple Sauraus 6 4 2 8 Big Guy, Hypnotic Gaze, Prehensile Tail, Stand Firm, Bone Head -General, Str ---120K Lizard, Halfling

The Feared Purple Sauraus known for its annoying songs that puts its foes into hypnotic trances. "I Love you, You Love me!"
This creature is known to aimlessly stare at flowers or shiny objects left on the pitch. "Oooooo a Flower!"

buahahahhahahahah I would so make a strunty team or a lizard team in (R) It would need special sounds!
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
If this is about what I have said, you should have read more carefully. Fluff is not unimportant, I have even said some stunty concepts can not happen just cause their fluff is so non-blood bowl. Uniquess is and will be number one, but teams should be also interesting and playable. What I have said is that fluff aint number one and I dont personally think stunty blood bowl teams are bound strictly to warhammer world.

To me.. that reads... fluff ain't important. Fluff is more than positional players with jungle theme identification.

If it don't all hang together then it just doesn't matter.

But then again... we've had the discussion before about what you write and what I read Smile

Cheers.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont much like the teams, and I dont much like the response I'm likely to get from Britnoth for not loving his ideas.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Er.. yeah.. I don't much like the teams either... but I don't tend to like any of the proposed teams... or much of anything at all really... I try not to agree with Brit more than once every 12 months or so and I've done that too recently to be comfortable with it now (twice actually... G skills in stunty BG and Ulthuan tourny set up).

I only post in the stunty forums to twit peikko Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

LtMonkey wrote:
I dont much like the teams, and I dont much like the response I'm likely to get from Britnoth for not loving his ideas.

Brace for impact.