16 coaches online • Server time: 05:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jesperius

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

HeHeHe thats me both of em ;D

Btw i think the standart gobbos need av7. ied try that for starters and keep the pos on av6. Think that might help a lot
Demoler

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Stakes do not work against Strigs. Perhaps they should?
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Demoler wrote:
Stakes do not work against Strigs. Perhaps they should?

Hmm apparently they don't. Stakes activation must be tied in with team race, not just the Undead Trait.

*Update* It appears Stakes activation (for +3 vs +1) is based on some combination of Team Race, and the actual Position of the blocked player in question. Thus Stakes don't work (in the +3 manner) vs Strig Lords, Vamplings, Zombis, or anything else that isn't: Vampire, Skeleton, Zombie, etc.

Last edited by Craftnburn on %b %07, %2008 - %06:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Leniyuhl

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

that much is obvious to anyon that has played vamps vs zara... she kills thralls like nobodys business
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Leniyuhl wrote:
that much is obvious to anyon that has played vamps vs zara... she kills thralls like nobodys business

Right, that's a function of the team's Race, but in other cases it's based on Player Position, for example changing the position label "Vampling" on a Stig team to "Vampire" now activates the stakes.

So it's unlikely that Stakes will affect ANYTHING in stunty at the +3 level, which is either good or bad depending on your stance.
Thyrreks

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Two games played vs these lil forest gobbos with my skinks, both of them were funny.
Initially i voted for this race because it's not overpowered, classical skills and players with armor 6 can earn you a few spp.

Despite the fact that i won both matches 3-0 and 5-0 they were not as onesided as the score may suggest.

Anyhow i have noticed some few points to work on :
1)Spider Rider
Ag2 and Leap makes you need 5 + to succeed your leap : personally i won't ever use that skill.
My suggestion would be to delete the leap skill, give stunty to the spider, reduce mvt to 6, add spikes if you're afraid to get hurt too easily and maybe the addition of regen could be of great help to keep the spider alive longer.
TTM can also be considered.
2) Stikkers
Well, it seems that stakes doesn't really help and can be replaced by something more useful, daggers,bombs maybe or dauntless? Well, 4 of them would be too much then......
3)Forest Goblins
Basic linefodders and standard stunty linemen, i would suggest av7 and Right stuff to work with spider rider's TTM.
4) Shaman
No comments

These suggestions will make them more viable in the long term without being overskilled from start.
pikathulu

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i reckon leave them as is for quite a while. If after a couple of months they still prove to be underpowered at all TR levels, then look at upping them. Remember that a lot of stunty teams struggle at low TR unless they get lucky, so i wouldn't be too concerned about current performance. There are heaps of ways we can improve the team slightly without breaking the general concept if needed (+ag spiders, 0-4 spiders, G on spiders, +av on linos, +G on stikkas, cheaper players/RR..... you get the idea).
Pirog

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

That stakes doesn't work properly is a good thing. Vampling teams would be very encouraged to cherry pick if there are teams around that makes their core player AV 5.

They should still make +1 on AV rolls though, which is quite good. Especially when ganging up on big guys. (Mino's especially).

TTM on a spider rider would by the way feel very odd fluff wise.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Leniyuhl wrote:

Zara's stakes dont actually stab thralls in the client (they do in the LRB). I think it makes the differentiation between Vampires undead skill and the Thralls lacking it.... obviously it could be pretty much any of the other sills a vampire has too or it might be the positional name "Vampires".... or something else entirely... looks like one that needs lots of testing to nail it.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Give the spiders +AG but take away two heads or stunty (or +2AG and take away both)..... then give it No Hands.

Stikkas sound like good candidates for general access (maybe shamans could get passing access)? No real idea though.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Demoler

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

OK I've changed my mind, haha. AG3 on the Spiders would be fine but Leap would have to go. AV7 on Stikkas and Gobbos. Keep the Shaman at AV6 but giving him P access sounds like a great idea!
HunterX

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The AV on the goblins was reduced because Forest goblins are not as armored as their cousins. I think they are fine as they are. Spiders I's like to see at AG3, but it pains me to think Leap would be lost. Spiders are not stunty at the moment. I think the Stikkas are good with the Stakes. They get a nerfed version of Mighty Blow, which is as good as you should get with a stick.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

well, taken from LRB5 :
Stakes (Extraordinary)
This player is armed with special stakes that are blessed to cause extra damage to the Undead and those that work with them. This player may add 1 to the Armour roll when they make a Stab attack against any
player playing for a Khemri, Necromantic, Undead or Vampire team.

Having to roll penalty for a weapon you never use is Extraordinary for sure. Wink

Increasing Spider's ag will definitely make him the team ball carrier , keeping his ag2 will prevent this. I don't like the idea of No Hands +Ag as the team has no particular strength (apart from some av7 players Mr. Green )and therefore don't need to have his positionals nerfed down.
About Leap, i would gladly play any Forest Goblin team that is willling to use spider rider's leap skill ,as i'm convinced that whatever will be the result , it will be loads of fun. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil or Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I thought that Spider riders have access to physical skills but actually not.......

Who said that forest goblins are less armored than their cousins?
I'll bring that guy to my cousin, he'll show him who got the strongest armor. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Jabberwocky

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Stakes Penalty Roll: 10+

This player carries a supply of stakes on her for the specific reason of banishing the hated Undead. The stakes give her a +3 when attempting to roll for the armour against any member of the Khemri, Necromantic, Undead or Vampire team and/or against Count Luthor von Drakenborg (you must still make a block first). If she blocks a player from any other team, then the stake is somewhat less effective, only giving a +1 against the Armour roll. The Stakes are considered Illegal/Secret weapons and as such come with a Penalty roll of 10+.

http://fumbbl.com/help:SecretWeapons
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thyrreks wrote:
2) Stikkers
Well, it seems that stakes doesn't really help and can be replaced by something more useful, daggers,bombs maybe or dauntless? Well, 4 of them would be too much then......

Stakes do work: +1 vs AV rolls. just not the +3 vs Strigs part.

HunterX wrote:
The AV on the goblins was reduced because Forest goblins are not as armored as their cousins. I think they are fine as they are. Spiders I's like to see at AG3, but it pains me to think Leap would be lost. Spiders are not stunty at the moment. I think the Stikkas are good with the Stakes. They get a nerfed version of Mighty Blow, which is as good as you should get with a stick.

Pretty spot on HunterX. Although I think the Spiders could have AG 3 AND Leap, since they are supposed to be the teams Big Guys, and thus have the Bone Head negatrait, but are only St 3, and unlike Mechavermin, don't have G access.

Yes this would make them an effective blitzer, but he's still probably far less effective overall than most BGs.
 Jump to: