34 coaches online • Server time: 01:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

fluff wise i would say bonehead rather than 2 heads. (the goblin wants to 1 way and the spider the other) . these riders rather like bull centaurs for cd. it also adds a chance of uncertainity to the team and a way to burn those rrs. and also make it 90 k. they will make an excellent defence due to to shadowing and high movement rate, all that with the str. 3 and a passible side step it will be an tough guy to bet rid of.

hypno and g skills are maybe not the best choice. g skills makes a hitman (either with block/tackle or with dp) a hypno is rather a service skill, that makes possible for others to do waht they want (break the opposition line/ free players to blitz).so i might just (rename stika to savage Smile ) lower te number of players with stakes to 0-2 and give them the G skills - they alaso have a chance to get sent off by the ref. and the shaman (that needs a bb name as well) could get a ass access or something.

anyway this team looks fun.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Ma 7 St 3 Ag 3 would be too good in stunty even with WA.

I disagree, but perhaps we can reduce the move instead of the agility. I want the spider to be able to leap with some hope of success.
6337 WA, Two-Heads (I'm not sure this is that important fluff-wise), Dodge, Leap, Shadowing (A, STRENGTH?) 90K

Craftnburn wrote:
Why -ma on the Shaman? I think that'll overly weaken their effectiveness both with HG and as ball carriers.

Because he's older, the mask is more cumbersome, and I wanted to reduce his cost. His hypnotic gaze is to assist the real ball handlers: the regular gobbos. Do we want Foul Appearance for another 10K?

Craftnburn wrote:
Ok, I think i've changed my mind on Daggers for the Spiders, not because of Eshin, but because that's too many players who can get ejected.

I was feeling that fear as well.

Craftnburn wrote:
I've also changed my mind about HunterX's latest version.. at St 3 they can be the Forest Gobs BGs, but to keep them from dominating the Ball carrying, yet still keeping 2 heads (too important due to fluff)..

What exactly did you change your mind on? ST3 is good because it at least prevents Big Guys from getting 3 dice on the player too easily. And really ST2 for Spider AND Rider? No way! And I think ST4 is too much though.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

HunterX wrote:
[I want the spider to be able to leap with some hope of success.
6337 WA, Two-Heads (I'm not sure this is that important fluff-wise), Dodge, Leap, Shadowing (A, STRENGTH?) 90K

With Dodge and Two Heads, Leap would very rarely be a good idea compared to dodging.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting sent off is not such a problem. The main one you're going to have is having them made into ball carriers. The chances are that people will give the ball to the spider riders (at Ag3, why not) then St 3 will be far too good, unless they move really slowly, which dosent feel like a spider rider.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

give em no hands they're to busy with a poison spear in one hand and reighns in the other

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point nexus, I considered that, but having bounced idea's off of Craft, I'm leaning towards:
7 3 3 7 Dodge, Leap, No Hands, Shadowing, Two Heads, Wild Animal (A) 100K

The dagger is not there, because it's a risk of losing him to a bad ref roll. 6 tossable players is not this team's schtick. And it would be too good when it leaps into a cage. ST3 is enough against most stunty ball handlers. He's more of a blitzer than a ball carrier.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Given all the posts and ideas thrown around here's my current suggestion:

0-2 Spider Rider 100k 7 3 3 7 Dodge, Leap, No Hands, Shadowing, Two Heads, Wild Animal (A)
0-2 Forest Goblin Shaman 60k 6 2 3 5 Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Stunty (G,A)
0-4 Forest Goblin Stikka 60k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stakes, Stunty (A)
0-16 Forest Goblins 40k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty (A)
halivaraith

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I gotta say... If you're gonna give the rider's no hands then you should give them more than just agility access or else if they manage to get a fifth normal skill they're gonna be stuck with catch or diving catch. Even sprint and sure feet are gonna be fairly mediocre choices that would be forced on them after side step and diving tackle what with them being so fast already, how often do you need to move 10 squares with someone who can't pick up the ball? Personally I'd rather see the spiders cost more and replace no hands with extra arms and catch, I kinda invision spiders being really good at grabbing things not forced to fumble. Without a solid passer having a great catcher isn't too powerful and wild animal would still make it somewhat risky to score.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

halivaraith wrote:
Personally I'd rather see the spiders cost more and replace no hands with extra arms and catch, I kinda invision spiders being really good at grabbing things not forced to fumble.

The problem is Ma 7 St 3 Ag 3 is just too good for ball carrying in Stunty even with WA.
halivaraith

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well what about squig hoppers, ma 6 st4 ag 3 with sprint and OFAB instead of WA... isn't that worse?
Fizban

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do we feel the need to give Shaman's (G) access?
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

halivaraith wrote:
Well what about squig hoppers, ma 6 st4 ag 3 with sprint and OFAB instead of WA... isn't that worse?

OFAB is quite a bit worse than WA. WA doesn't maim your own players.

Fizban wrote:
Why do we feel the need to give Shaman's (G) access?

I felt someone should get it since most teams now have a smattering of it. Would you rather have 4 Blockle players with Stakes?

Last edited by Craftnburn on %b %06, %2007 - %07:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
halivaraith

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought we were talking about ball carrying though? OFAB is considerably better as long as you have a thrall to bite or the endzone in range. Why would the spiders be so much more overpowered than hoppers?
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

halivaraith wrote:
I thought we were talking about ball carrying though? OFAB is considerably better as long as you have a thrall to bite or the endzone in range. Why would the spiders be so much more overpowered than hoppers?

Because you have to look at the whole picture.. the balance for the St 4 AG 3 hoppers is the fact that they maim their own team. Giving spiders St 3 Ag 3 and WA isn't comparable on the whole.
halivaraith

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So OFAB is an acceptable trade off for being a scoring machine, str 4, RSC and fairly reliable with both pro and reroll access? While WA isn't powerfull enough to make up for being a powerful scorer and good defensive marker?
 Jump to: