47 coaches online • Server time: 19:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Rebirth of the 4vs4 Instant Tournaments Group!!!

Create a 4 player team and join.

Dont forget to read the rules!!!

Group Page:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2227

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Im was looking around the forums to find some things said about 4vs4, and saw that some ppl were working on ways to make the 4vs4IT more interesting.

Well I am open to all your comments about ways to keep the league interesting.

Ive seen a few that I liked and will probably implement them in the next few days:

1- Monthly Champions. The coach with the most points in the month will win the Monthly Championship. Then the points will be brought back to 0 and a new championship will begin.

2- Point system will change. Depending of the Division, there will be a amount of points for each wins, loss and Tournament wins.

3- There will be some kind of "Efficiency Reward of the Month". The coach with the best winning percentage will get this reward each month.

4- The "Golden Shoes" trophee, for the best scorer of the group. If I can find a not too hard way to find the best scorer of the month, it will be a montly reward too... otherwise, it will be a record to break only.

5- The "Golden Fist" trophee for the best blocker... and so on for the players statistics.

Will try to sort all those scorings out, but be sure of one thing: there will be a lot of montly rewards. They are useless to the team, but it will all be for the honor of being the best scorer, coach, blocker, etc.

All the rewards and rewarded coaches/players will be kept on an other website page to leave the group page more user friendly without loosing the records.

Well, im off for today. check the group and submit a team to have a great 4vs4 time.

Note to all old coaches of the 4vs4IT group of freefragger: im looking for some co-comisshers for the league cause I cant be online all day to create tournaments. PM me t submit yourself!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

We constantly need new teams and coaches to have events everyday!!! Join the fun!!! Channel #4vs4IT is the place to be. for a 90 minutes max Instant Tournament!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Change the rules on ogres and I will play...

Discrimination versus big guys must be stopped!

It's not like any ogre 4v4 teams ever won any games

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Think about it this way... Ogres are Big Guys that can use re-rolls (well, last time I played them, they were able to).

Then, think that since its 4vs4, you only have 4 players... 4 ogres... That will receive at least one MVP per game, will hardly suffer any cas while giving a lot... Ogres have more chances to win games IMO then a lot of teams in 4vs4...

But please BunnyPuncher, thats only my point o view and my arguments. State yours, lets talk about it and I might reconsider... 4vs4IT is mainly to do some tests and make sure the 4vs4 style will be improved with the tools we've got access to. So giving access to Ogres until they are proved to be too powerfull could be an idea...

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

If you define poweful as able to win games... the original flow of ogre teams certainly showed they were miserable at doing so Smile

Pros:

Ogres are LRB teams, they have as much right to lose foolishly as do Khemri
Ogres while strong, are crap ball handlers, and will lose a player every other turn (bonehead)
They start with 1 (count em) 1 reroll
They can't get general skills without doubles
They can TTM (wheeeee!)

Cons:

4 str 5 MB players
Easy to beat (they are not competitive)
Might rough you up
The glut of new ogre teams coming into 4v4 will make it seem like there are too many of them... if you give it a week and have dozens of 0/0/12 ogre teams people will go back to normal teams.

They are colorful, laughable brutes. If you add a goblin (3 ogres, 1 gob) they are probably more competitive and less crunchy.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think you did a pretty good job to argue the thing.

Lets give the ogres a chance... and a lesson!!!

But mind this: 4vs4IT, as I said, will be used to :
1-Have fun with 4vs4 playstyle
2- Test the 4vs4 playstyle and find a way to put some balance into it and keep it fun.

IF ogres are proved to be too powerfull after a few games, I could reconsider them out.

They were out of Freefraggers 4vs4IT group... I would like to know why...

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

There are Ogre leagues already. Let's keep those bone-heads out of 4vs4. :p

BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. freefragger gave them a fair shake i must admit.. about 2 days.. like I said they glutted the 4v4 for those 2 days and he just decided to get rid of them...

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we will give them a chance anyway. Just to see what happens... if everyone starts making Ogres team, I'll be glad to be the one with a skaven team ready to outscore them like hell!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

All right now that I've gotten my way I am applying with a dwarf team Very Happy

i accidentaly applied to the wrong group ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2120 ) so if you could dissallow that one and allow the other one (the IT group) t'would be appreciated

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Having played against them twice in MNF, (first was a beginning ogre team vs. my rookie lizards and the second was the same lizards 10 or 12 games later against a different, similarly-experienced ogre team) I think they're tough but not bad enough to disallow from the tourney. They end up playing sort of like Lizards - 3 big nasties who end up having to make some insane ball handling rolls because the stunties get squished quickly.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Freefragger banned them from 4vs4 simply because more people found them annoying or made the games less enjoyable than people wanted them to stay. Simple as that.

Frankly, they can't really be compared to khemri. They move faster, they have higher AG. AG2 is enough to ball handle, just look at bull centaurs. The fact that they can use rerolls makes their bonehead less of an impact.

In my opinion, when you only have 4 players and you have to face a team that has a combined strength nearly double that of your team and they all have AV 9 and MB, it's just not fun to play.

anyway, I am definatly going to be joing up here tonight, I was an admin in the old 4vs4 group simply because I played so much so I was always there to set tourneys up Smile
Flow

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well ... Ogers hmmm ma_libu and I banned even Vamps and Oger from "4 gegen 4". This group is a leag like dbl. We banned them because we have no tr regulation! Just imagine 4 vamps with 8 rr! One question am I allowed to use my old 4vs4 teams?
Freefragger

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

4 ogres were way to much for a 4vs4 team, decreasing the fun factor...
This was the reason I ended up banning them, after discussing it all over multible times with the people that played the most...
Good to see that the 4vs4 is being revived, something I have been wanting to do, but have had trouble finding the time and energy.
I´ll be back on fumbbl for real around june, so expect the wrath of norsca around that time Wink
Else just remember what this is all about, having FUN!
 Jump to: