30 coaches online • Server time: 03:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Flow, vamps shouldnt be banned, how else can you have fun with a 4 vamp team? Very Happy Seriously, OFAB is an incredible disadvantage with only 4 players, kinda balances out their natural advantages.
Pau

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSigmund wrote:
Freefragger banned them from 4vs4 simply because more people found them annoying or made the games less enjoyable than people wanted them to stay. Simple as that.

Frankly, they can't really be compared to khemri. They move faster, they have higher AG. AG2 is enough to ball handle, just look at bull centaurs. The fact that they can use rerolls makes their bonehead less of an impact.

In my opinion, when you only have 4 players and you have to face a team that has a combined strength nearly double that of your team and they all have AV 9 and MB, it's just not fun to play.

anyway, I am definatly going to be joing up here tonight, I was an admin in the old 4vs4 group simply because I played so much so I was always there to set tourneys up Smile

You start with one (1, ONE) reroll. You have at least one ogre with a bonehead roll failing every turn, that leaves you with 3 players on the field, so you can move the one near the boneheaded ogre, to somewhere else, and block with 2 dudes against an ogre, getting 2dices rolls. They can hardly get the ball with lousy movement (5? are you kidding me? am I supposed to go for it? no way, I'm keeping my ONLY reroll for boneheads...). They don't get general access, and thats a biggy. A REAL BIGGY. They are just big and scary, but fail at doing anything, most of the fear for ogres is stupid, try playing against a new ogre team, or better yet, make one yourself and try it.
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I have, and frankly, at lower levels when rerolls aren't abundant, It was easy to stop the opposing team from being able to do much by bashing them. MB helps a lot and getting one player off the pitch means they dont stand a chance. With only 4 players, every one of those is needed to sort plays out, you cant use the normal tactic vs BGs of sacrificing a player or 2 to hold them up.

Sure, getting the ball is a bit troublesome, but frankly, my other ogres were easily able to hold up the rest of their team while I got it.

More trouble is had with the faster moving teams such as elves, but these break even faster when beaten.

They may not be amazing at winning, but they destroy other 4 vs 4 teams and make it very hard to beat them, they are unbalanced in 4 vs 4 in my opinion and FF was right to take them out.
Pau

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSigmund wrote:
I have, and frankly, at lower levels when rerolls aren't abundant, It was easy to stop the opposing team from being able to do much by bashing them. MB helps a lot and getting one player off the pitch means they dont stand a chance. With only 4 players, every one of those is needed to sort plays out, you cant use the normal tactic vs BGs of sacrificing a player or 2 to hold them up.

Sure, getting the ball is a bit troublesome, but frankly, my other ogres were easily able to hold up the rest of their team while I got it.

More trouble is had with the faster moving teams such as elves, but these break even faster when beaten.

They may not be amazing at winning, but they destroy other 4 vs 4 teams and make it very hard to beat them, they are unbalanced in 4 vs 4 in my opinion and FF was right to take them out.

yeah, how much time took you to get enough rrs? how many doubles to get skills to make ogres a worth team?

Its way easier to get an elves team with blodge, and you won't see people talking about how overpowered they are in 4vs4.

For exemple, once I get my first double, I don't know if I should get, sure hands, block or kick. How crappy is that?

Last night played my first match: 0-4 or 0-5 can't remember, the only real injury I did was a gouged eye. And one of my ogres got KO at least once. while the others kept failing bonehead rolls, so yeah, the other coach could move out of the boneheaded ogre to somewhere else, blitz, and the block again to KO one of my ogres. Its not that hard to make an ogre throw the ball.
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly, I dont use rerolls on boneheads, if my ogre boneheads, he stays where he is. I keep my ogres in a position where they aren't spread out too much. I get block on my first double and use all my rerolls for picking balls up.
Pau

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSigmund wrote:
Firstly, I dont use rerolls on boneheads, if my ogre boneheads, he stays where he is. I keep my ogres in a position where they aren't spread out too much. I get block on my first double and use all my rerolls for picking balls up.

I will have to try that! thanks buddy, but seriously. The biggest problem with ogres is that they got terrible crappy skills+no rerolls. You need a different strategy against ogres since they are huge and scary, and people just should get away from them so they can only blitz (and hope the blitzer fails a Bonehead roll). Thats nothing that you don't know already, but I seriously fail to see how they are overpowered when other races are waaaaaaay better at scoring, throwing, and even blocking.
 Jump to: