34 coaches online • Server time: 13:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway...since we are just waiting for this thread to be locked i´d like to bring forth another related point.

Chickenbrain said:
Quote:
I bet Thrall asked you to give you the name of the coach to find out if it was a cherry picker. We do not tolerate cherry picking here. Cause of that admins do ask if such offers float arround in chat.

Just to be a rules lawyer...the paragraph in the rules stating this is probably this one:
Quote:
Coaches are expected to play reasonably balanced games. Play against lower rated teams is allowed, but should not be abused. It is understood that sometimes teams need a recovery game against a lower ranked team after a particuarly bloody game, but excessive play against lower ranked teams creates an unfair advantage and will not be tolerated.

My point is that where most of the other rules are very accurate, this is basically stating that if the admins think you are playing excessively against lower rated teams (but within the 40 ts limit) then "something" could happen. Very loose and really up to the admins judgement. It would be nice to have that rule more closely defined to avoid those situations. Treu, this rule would probably also hit some of the "good guys" but i´m sure they would manage that extre effort when looking for games. The fact is that "excessive cherrypicking" boosts your CR - and some people actually care about their CR.

M
Wizard

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

We should run fumbbl as a sepratist communist state! Power to the people and not selected admins!!
Power corrupts! - Hackers band together and find the weak point in fumbbl security, and grant full access to everyone!!
(Hey, it would work until Christer turned the server off... Wink )

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Tha-tha-tha-that's all folks...

Kum-bah-ya!

ps: I'd like hackers to let me always roll +ST... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %21, %2005 - %01:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

*paulhicks puts away his hippy wacking stick and takes out his anti hacker bombs

You want some too citizen?

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
The fact is that "excessive cherrypicking" boosts your CR - and some people actually care about their CR.

M

I used to care alot about my coach rating (ie a year ago) and unless the CR system have been substantially changed will "cherrypicking" for weaker teams be a disadvantage. Fumbbl involves alot of dicerolling and playing against weaker teams won't gain you many CR points but will really hur your CR if you loose or draw. The key to good cherrypicking is to face amazons with your Chaos Dwarves and challenge CR130 coach with a higher rated team that relies on hail mary passes...

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

/me joins the H.P.M.U (Hippies' Paulhicks Mangling Union)

Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

woooo hoooo..... finaly my own anti me group Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

you should call it PMT....paulhicks mangling tourney

Last edited by paulhicks on %b %21, %2005 - %01:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Nordmark

And who founded the H.P.M.U?

my coach rating droped 6 points after 2 games. It was in a tourny enviroment, and my tr was about 70 more than every team i played... i won (gained about .0001), then tied (bye bye 2 points) and then lost (bye bye 3.5 points)..
Iwent from 159 to 153, but i dont care Smile It just means that people will think im crap now and play me more Smile If i could figure out a way to lower my CR, i would do it for the sake of more games accepted!! Smile
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

What really counts as cherry picking? Is it going after rookie teams or rookie players. I'd say rookie players. For example; I had a game with a team recently(my first game with this team) against a guy who challenged me when he had 200 rating higher than me in faction( 300 against 100). Not being one to fray from too many battles, I took the match. I lost. I don't consider that being cherry picking, do you?

Jeffro
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if I can create a Love and World Peace Group.
No rules or anything. Just being there to annoy people. All teams welcome. A group about belonging to a group. A group that don´t shun anyone, stunty, ranked, unranked, faction, everyone is welcome.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in, you know.
I would even apply to be in the Staff... Maybe Musician?
KUM-BAH-YA!

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

see..... this is the kind of nonsense you get when threads arnt locked quick enough Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Nordmark wrote:
I wonder if I can create a Love and World Peace Group.
No rules or anything. Just being there to annoy people. All teams welcome. A group about belonging to a group. A group that don´t shun anyone, stunty, ranked, unranked, faction, everyone is welcome.

Didn't you see what happened to the gentlemen group? Some people wanted them banned for going against the spirit of Bloodbowl... Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Darn...I just never seem to learn. Jan! Staff Member of course. What instrument?

Does it say anywhere that a group must be serious?

P.s. please close this tread quickly.

Last edited by Nordmark on %b %21, %2005 - %01:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: