45 coaches online • Server time: 16:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

All the time I'm reading complaints about those cherry picking elves, mostly by coaches with 80-100% bashing teams on their roster. The strange thing nobody mentions, though, is that whenever I do a bblfg, the majority of offers I get are for my battered elf team. Whenever someone suggests a loaded matchup like "Hey, wanna play my claw/razor sharp claws, dirty player Chaos team while 3 of your guys are injured, so that I'll still get a handicap?" I point out my 4 other teams, but the response is lukewarm at best.

It's a funny phenomenom, really. One which leads me to believe that the whining about cherrypicking is vastly exaggerated by coaches who can't stand playing even games and feel the need to be able to obliterate other teams :p
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Flamebait?

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Here we go again...

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

No really? You don't say?

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate to be flinging poo around...but..
NO SHIT SHERLOCK?

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Here we go again...

... and again, and again, and again, and again...

Squig

Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

squig_87 wrote:
AFK_Eagle wrote:
Here we go again...

... and again, and again, and again, and again...

Squig

...and so forth and so forth. At least until eternity ends.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
Flamebait?

Hmmm, good point. This was meant to be posted in the equivalent forum of the barbeque pit.

Mostly I'm just disgruntled about having a problem finding games with my teams with the exception of the elf team (and since that one took a few bad hits and is on a losing streak, I don't really want to play that one).
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

You know Optihut. You can lfg with only the teams you wan´t to play.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

lol... i have the strangest feeling of deja vu. of course you get offers from cherry picking killa teams. just say no thanx and move on with your life

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Tell everyone in open chat that they are cherrypicking (Make sure to include the coaches name, date of birth, address if you have it) so we can see more threads on chat etiquette and abusive admins and newbie procedures cause there aren't enough of those going around. Once you've done that then create a black list of cherrypicking coaches on your info page and post that in open chat so everyone can see it. That should cure all your troubles for quite some time.
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

---edit : Just me being grumpy..sorry Tor_alkir---

M

Last edited by Mithrilpoint on %b %21, %2005 - %21:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you serious Tor_Alkir?

'Casue that was a really bad idea otherwise...giving us arguments in the chat as well as on the forum.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It was written in the spirit of jest and sarcasm. There must be some sort of breaking point to all this. Every post you see about Cherry Picking has always included the correct answers...play the games you want to and just play ball. If you create a post to gripe on cherry picking 1) its not going to have anything new in it and 2) it's not going to change anything. Singleing out an asshole coach isnt going to suddenly make him less of an ass. Get the offer, tell him to go screw and play on.
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't take offense Mithril, no biggy. I should've taken into account the people that haven't read previous posts on this subject. And my no-shit opinion on the matter is I feel for Optihut. Everyone has experienced this so-called Cherry Picking in one form or another. I've noticed a decline in elven teams to play in Ranked for the last month or two. I'm not sure this and 'Cherry Picking' link in some manner but soon enough everyone will have nothing but strength teams loaded with DP/Claw?RSC/MB so the point will be moot.
 Jump to: