43 coaches online • Server time: 13:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How du you prefer your BloodBowl?
Right here at wonderful fumbbl.com
37%
 37%  [ 54 ]
At a table looking deeply in to your opponents eyes as you make love to Nuffle
25%
 25%  [ 36 ]
By mail (oh yeah i heard people doing that)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bashy and bloody
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
In the company of a good beer
22%
 22%  [ 32 ]
Nuffle hates me. Dice rape 100%
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
w00t? I do it like this (share ur dirty secret with the rest of us please)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 144

Muttesmutte

Post 18 Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

There are a lot of different ways to do it.
How do you do it?
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This is nice, but the "real thing" is better. Well painted miniatures looks better that the icons here, and IRL you cant blame any randomizer for your bad dicerolls. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

A good beer. British or Belgian. No one lese makes proper beer(ok one or two german beers are nice but don't ever encourage them). And real life BB is better than Fumbbl. The sweaty pre-match handshake, the random stareing at different parts of the pitch in order to distract your opponent, the feel of the dice as they leave your hand bound by destiny to make or break you. Ah yes real life BB is the best. And beer.
heinz

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Danish beer all the way.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

In the poll you ask "How do you do prefer your bloodbowl?" and then your message reads "How do you do it?", which are quite different things. I prefer the real thing but play exclusively on fumbbl (my friends aren't playing anymore). Puzzles me that so far more people prefer it on here. It's a good alternative, but obviously it's more fun to in "real life".

On the beer issue I go with German beer.
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I don't have the option to play tabletop any more (I loved being able to walk around the board like I knew what the hell I was doing), I much prefer this method. E-mail is good for league play where set schedules are in order, but the fact that a game takes 2 weeks is bloody annoying. Plus, in tabletop I have the option of chucking my dice out the window when I get pissed at them. Can Ski build that into the client (a chuck the dice option which could reset the randomizer)?
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go with Dutch Beer... But I only play online at the moment, my friends that play dont live nearby. So if there would be people nearby that play, I would go for playing in Real Life... Its funnier to see the opponent when you make some impossible moves =)
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life all the way.
Fumbbl is a good option though. A very good option.
But real life is soooo good! The feeling the tencion the love the laughter. Everything.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

When I started playing Bbowl i played in real life. Although I didn't realize it, I was a crappy coach at best back then. Very limited playing style. Didn't play it that much, only 3-4 tourneys or so.
Now I only play online, I have enough fun like this. Don't think i'll play the boardgame anywhere in the near future.

BEER: Belgian of course, altough there are some nice English, German, Danish and Tsjech beers also.
Euhm that dutch beer wouldn't be Heineken, right ? Cos ...

What's the similarity between Heineken and having sex in a kanoo ?
It's fuckin close to water Razz
SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool thing about RL is knowing your paintjobs are better than your opponent's, watching him physically put the minis he's meticulously painted into the dead box, and staring him in eye and grinning as you foul his favorite player. Best thing about FUMBBL is the number of games you can play easily and being able to get varied opponents any time you want. That and the various coaching styles. There are some SERIOUSLY good coaches online and you can play against them at any time...totally FREE. That and the client/site does everything for you but pick skills. If you're lazy, FUMMBL is where it's at.

IRL you get a limited coach base and end up playing the same guy a LOT. If you're picky about who you play (Cam!) you might go to BB Night and not play a game. And if you have a good coach or two you get killed a lot. You spend damned-near $100 for a full team and coaches, spend hours painting it, then decide they suck and you don't like their style...you just wasted time and money. But if you like 'em and paint them well, you can go to lots of tourneys, show 'em off, and all that.

As for the dice...I've seen some people who barely roll the dice at all. They kind of drop them from 4 inches off the table, looking at them the whole time. Then cackle when they roll 5 casualties in a row against you. They also get defensive when you tell them to ROLL THE GODDAMNED DICE, DON"T DROP THEM!! People complain like babies about the RNG but I've seen some sickeningly weird things happen IRL, so that's crap. The RNG takes away shady dice rollers, arguments about cocked dice, and negate any chance of loaded ones.

As for beer...if it ain't Canadian it's crap. Even then half the time it's crap. hehe
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I like tabletop because we shout "Foul FOUL FOUL" and hooray when guys dies. At least it is not such a whining thing like sometimes it appears in fumbbl.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

This looks like a good idear for a topic for the GLN....

I sold most my minis, so its fumbbl or nutin....

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Amen to Six's comment about dice droppers. That became an issue in one league I played, so the commissioner went out and bought dice cups for everyone and required their use. I painted mine to color scheme with my team, and it seemed to help my luck.
Falcone

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing that hurts fumbbl is the random dice roller everything else is fine. Playing live tabletop you have only your hands to blame for your poor rolling. Whereas playing on fumbbl sometimes you just want to bash your computer for your bad luck. But both versions are fine with me. With tabletop edging by a bloody nose.
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Without generalizing too much i´d say :
Danes makes good beer, but should stay of Blood Bowl
Germans plays good Blood Bowl, but should stay off beerproducing

Wink

Jump to: