50 coaches online • Server time: 13:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How du you prefer your BloodBowl?
Right here at wonderful fumbbl.com
37%
 37%  [ 54 ]
At a table looking deeply in to your opponents eyes as you make love to Nuffle
25%
 25%  [ 36 ]
By mail (oh yeah i heard people doing that)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bashy and bloody
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
In the company of a good beer
22%
 22%  [ 32 ]
Nuffle hates me. Dice rape 100%
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
w00t? I do it like this (share ur dirty secret with the rest of us please)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 144

BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Falcone, edited for content wrote:
The only thing that hurts fumbbl is people complaining about the random dice roller.

Smile

I tried FUMBBL some time ago and ran out to get a copy of the game immediately after my first skill roll, I think. I'm such a sucker for such things.

After 2 or 3 years, I've still yet to play a game on tabletop. I figured I'd have all my friends converted within 3 weeks, tops... but it just never happened. *shrug*

And to get to the real meat of the conversation, I have a tragic weakness for Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale and enjoy a good Belgian occasionally but there are some mighty fine brews made right here in New England. Allagash, Dogfish Head, Magic Hat, Concord Breweries, etc...

It's a shame that the States get stamped with the Bad Beer Stigma because of the big names.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Mojo, Everyone knows Canadian beer is better than American Wink But Molson Canadian vs Bud is kind of stupid. Alexander Keith's, or Fort Garry Dark (on tap of course) are the equal of any european beer I've tried (which is only about 6 mostly I drink Guiness for the Calories!)

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ahhh guinnesss...

you have to try it in dublin, it doesnt travel well!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

i thought id be able to convert my friends to BB once i returned home but work/girlfriends etc take up a lot of time you know!
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer fumbbl.. since keeping a BB league up and running requires an almost evangelical zeal for getting new recruits...

Personally, if I'm going to waste time stomping noobs I prefer to see my CR increase.

Table Top is fun. But man... in this part of the world it is about as common as finding the Varanus komodoensis in the arctic.

In europe it is probably different...

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I cannot get a pint of fungus beer, I prefer irish stout and belgian trappist beer. Though while playing blood bowl I enjoy german kölsch.

AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a "responsible" father of two, a third due to be born in May, so I rarely (read: NEVER) get out of the house to do stuff with friends. And when I do, BB is, sorry to say, not the top on my list. However, most evenings I have free, babysitting the kids (who may/may not be asleep) while the wife goes to visit her friend... I could argue (and have on occasion) to get out myself while SHE stays home with the kids, but as previously stated, my free nights go towards cards, movies and other...ahem...adult entertainments.

Thus, I play a boat-load of games online, but have not played a single game IRL. I'd think IRL games would be stupendously slow in comparison, plus you have to keep track of all potential modifiers, which the comp does for you. Not that I'm lazy (ok, I am), but there's the chance to miss somebody with diving tackle or whatever. Speaking of, how do you keep track of which players have which skills IRL?

For drinks, I personally despise all beers, they're all too bitter for my taste. My drink of choice to relax with is Captain Morgan and the soda of the day, while a hard night out requires either Hot Damn or Goldschlager shots, two cinnamon schnappes types of drinks. The good stuff comes in at damn near 100 proof, a few of them will put the world in a new light!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess wrote:

Euhm that dutch beer wouldn't be Heineken, right ? Cos ...

What's the similarity between Heineken and having sex in a kanoo ?
It's fuckin close to water Razz

Heineken? That isnt beer... Grolsch or Hertog-Jan, that is the better work Wink
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

One reason why fumbbl wins:

Illegal. Turn. Procedure.

Okay so they (finally) reviewed the rules, but I'd long lost count of the number of games I'd lost because I am physically incapable of moving a little marker one square along every time it's my turn. I reckon I averaged about 3-4 calls a game. That's 3-4 instant turnovers. Damn my concentration span.

And the gleeful look on an opponent's face when he knows he's been outplayed but he's still going to win and there's nothing you can do about it. Agh. It drove me mad.

Of course, here on Fumbbl I just click the wrong action instead. That feeling when you get right up to the guy you've painstakingly worked a score-saving 2dblock on, only to realise you actually selected 'MOVE'. . .
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing quite like irish stout. I also love the looks on peps faces when you proceed to foul his best players. Damn straight Sixfootdwarf. Problem being that no one plays table top around here anymore, so fumbbl wins out. If only by the fact of availability, but of course it has much more to offer. Only draw back is that you get attached to your teams online, table top its like whatever. But online...some good crack.

-Its all fun and games untill someone loses an eye.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing beats RL BB.

And beer? Any will do, after a few drinks you tend not to taste the difference anyway. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

good to c so many people involved int his beer and play issue...btw...´Miller and Bishops Finger...and of course jägermeister...not so often combined with BB though... Laughing
AndersB

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I play more on FUMBBL in a week than I do IRL in a decade, I much prefer tabletop - especially the staredown 8-| trying to psych my opponent into fearing me (it never ever works).
And I prefer Czech beer
Adar

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Luck becomes alot more important when I'm playing on the internet. It doesn't affect the game directly but bad luck is alot more bearable when your sitting and drinking a beer while playing with a buddy. Sitting and drinking infront of the computer is just sad so bad luck in real life feels much better....

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Speaking of, how do you keep track of which players have which skills IRL?

You have your painted (metal) miniatures with numbers from 1-16 on them, and then cross reference with your team roster on paper Wink

I like the real thing. It has a completely different (i think better) atmosphere. Maybe because I play more league matches instead of the Ranked here on fumbbl.

I think small breweries generally make good beer. Large international breweries make less good beer.
 Jump to: