70 coaches online • Server time: 19:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
condeancho

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody, I´m new at this. I´ve been surfing the web and reading a bunch of information but I feel like I need to play a game. What´s the best way to start? How can I find someone of my level (the lowest possible) to play with? I guess the unranked division is the best place, but how I contact someone?.
Thank U!!!

Nacho (Spain)
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

in chat type /join #fumbbl_academy

someone there will likely give you a hand

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You're always welcome at the Academy, as BunnyPuncher mentioned. Let us know if you have any problems figuring out how to get into chat.

Additionally, I'd highly recommend playing a standalone game or two first, just to get the basic idea of how the program works. This is assuming you're familiar with the rules and the basics of how to play the game (since you need to own a copy in order to legally use the program <hint hint>), though. If you've got a copy of the game and you've just never actually sat down and played it with someone, for example, running through a game by yourself might be a little disorienting. It's worth giving it a shot, just to see how much of it does make sense to you, you know?

Additionally, you will want to grab the latest version of the Living Rule Book and the latest Rules Review to make sure you have the most up-to-date version.

As far as which division to start your first team, I'm a big fan of Unranked. A lot of people have a lot of fun competing for high Ranked standings... and learning your way around FUMBBL in the Ranked division usually puts your Ranking into a deep hole, so you have to work your way out of it. Also, as you might guess, people have more motivation to play games to beat you, rather than to play games to teach you. It's very possible to learn a lot from a good smackdown, but some helpful commentary at the same time works wonders, I find.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

And if you are not at all confident with BloodBowl in general, if you find me in chat I can offer you a learning game for free. Very Happy
Not that I have much to teach... but I remember my first 20 games (0/1/19 W/T/L record Rolling Eyes) and how I missed a couple of "friendly matches".

We will not upload the results, of course.

Cheers and welcome!
Jan

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot you guys, you´ve helped me a lot. I´ll try the chat and if any of you is around we can practice a little. Take care, cu

Nacho
 Jump to: