30 coaches online • Server time: 02:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey up

I have made a reference sheet for vault v1.7.1 for any of you who are interested.

Jervis Johnson (creator of BB) has hosted it on www.bloodbowl.com now

Vault 1.7.2 Reference sheet

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Rob[/b]

Last edited by SnakeSanders on %b %03, %2005 - %23:%May; edited 5 times in total
Grouchy

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Feedback? I'll give you feedback you, son of a bitc......

I mean nice work, really helpful.
Colin

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Things to add/fix:

*Price for full-time and freebooted apothecary

*Masterchef description: "Gain a Re-roll for each 4+your team gains a Re-roll and your opponent loses one (if they have one to lose)" - this needs rewording to "For each 4+ roll, your team gains a team reroll and the opposition loses one (if they have any to lose)" Make a mention that it doesn't work on Tropjy or Leader rerolls.

*Wording for Injury Time on KO table needs a bit of clearing up - "If 4-6, move the turn marker back one space for each coach. Cannot be moved further back than turn" needs cleaning up.

*Which team contributes CEM to the Pitch Invasion KO result?

*In the description of Piling On, you didn't mention that "Skills that effect the Armour or Injury roll may not be used in combination with Piling On."

*Strong Arm now adds +1 to Short, Long and Long Bomb passes, rather than reducing the range by one band. The reverse is now true of passing Stunty players.

That'll do for starters Smile Well done.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw the PDF, but what is all about? Could someone explain what is the vault and all those changed rules in the PDF?

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The vault rules are the experimental next version of bloodbowl that will be coming out in the future. You can find the full rules list at www.bloodbowl.com and many of these changes will probably come into the game some time after the october rules review.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i hope not, but if i ll leave the game.
Wizard

Post 13 Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully ranked will stay as is, and vault rules will have there own "section" just like unranked, stunty etc.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure exactly what it is about vault that would make you quit. The game doesn't change that much mechanically. I guess some people are just horrified by all types of change. Most of the time change is good. Not that any of our opinions matter it's all up to the bbrc and they didn't put work into making the vault rules for their health so i assume they intend to use them. If you haven't read the latest version of the vault rules i suggest you check it out it is much much better than the previouse versions and overall i love the changes. But i would sell my first born to be rid of aging. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
Hopefully ranked will stay as is, and vault rules will have there own "section" just like unranked, stunty etc.

If the vault rules become official they will porbably be implemented in fumbbl as soon as they can be coded. The stated aim of the site has always been to follow the official rules as closely as possible and i haven't heard anything about that changing.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope that the vault rules will not be official because most of them are crapy.

Very few seem ok to me.

If the vault rules become official then Blood Bowl should be called Elf Bowl.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

there will be less injuries in the game. As an orc player, i ll have some serious trouble with elves and skavens... the teams who believed in their strenth skills and their bashy play style, will suffer. Especially the fouling rules are ridiculous.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well its not exactly elf bowl, more secret weapons, stackable skills, +1 to injuries for each niggle makes it a harder place for an elf to survive.

Vault is a zanier place to play your BB than the LRB IMHO

Fixed those errors, ill try to get them up this evening after work

Rob
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

mainhattan, why not hire Urgoth Bolgrot and mow down some elves?

Elves will die easier in the vault as niggles add to the injury roll, Orc armour is harder to break
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing in vault that hurts orcs as far as bashing goes is dp being nerfed. Mighty blow still works just fine so i don't see what your complaining about. The only team that really lost bashy ability was choas when they got rid of rsc. Also with the way apo works it is easier to clear players off the pitch as the apo doesn't put them back on. In vault it is just as easy if not easier to remove players from the field it is just slightly less likely that an elf team will be crippled by injuries in the long run.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

it isn't just the dp. There are other stuff like the Stand Firm. Stand Firm is useless if it can't save you from failed dodges. The only reason I choose SF instead of side step is because it saves me from failed dodges.