12 coaches online • Server time: 06:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is it OK to crowdpush?
Sure, anytime!
47%
 47%  [ 136 ]
Yes, unless you do it on turn 16
51%
 51%  [ 150 ]
No, it's just bad sportsmanship
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 289

Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Posting in the forums - part of FUMBBL?

I say yes but i could be wrong. Maybe it is true that if someone finds something uninteresting then nobody should be allowed to post anything about that topic? Hopefully not.

Post if you have an opinion, post "I liek pie, r0xxorz" if you want to, post random ramblings in the appropriate threads, but please dont post if you don´t have anything to say other than "this is a stupid topic, i´ve read something like this before".

My own opininon, obviously.
----

On crowdpushing i can honestly say that that i would look upon an *unneccesary late crowdpush as i would on an *unneccesary late foul. It´s not gentlemanlike, but who cares? And in this case, crowdpushing anybody (not just a key player) late in the 1. half is just good tactics.

*= This varies from person to person, but my definition is that if it does not in a any way, shape or form influences the game, then it is unneccesary.

M
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What Grum said

TaChIkOmA! \o/
Renegade

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Crowd pushing is my favourite part of the game!!

That and fouling - how anyone can whine or become upset about a perfectly legit rule is beyond me.

Thats like being annoyed with someone using a "Get Out Of Jail" card in monopoly.

If someone gets annoyed throw a grenade in the fire and do it again!!
Vellian

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
Posting in the forums - part of FUMBBL?

I say yes but i could be wrong. Maybe it is true that if someone finds something uninteresting then nobody should be allowed to post anything about that topic? Hopefully not.

Well spoken.

IMO crowdpushing, as well as fouling (and sometomes just playing a bashy team) is a sure way to piss some coaches off. In a way, I can understand them: they may have spent hours building a team, only to have it destroyed over one or two games. However, those are the rules of the game - BB is an extremely violent game (not graphicly, but you see my point), and if you can't stand the idea of getting your players hurt, you should look for another hobby.

That said, there is really no point in turn 16 fouls or the equivalent only to destroy the other team, especially since you will not meet that same team for at least ten matches. That is just sadistic and rude. I also agree with origami: if you have already killed three players and are up 4-0, there is no point in beating up the opposing team anymore.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as you cant use your apo on crowdpusj injuries, i will always frown on the tactics, if someone does excessive work to get your player off the pitch. If i move next to the sideline, yes he will get pushed most likely. But lots of times i have seen eople abandon the ball alltogether so he can use 4-6 players to get a player out, even if he has to forge a few POWS and ahve to selct some pushes instead to get him out. Thats just lame in my book.

I cant remember if crowdpush injuries will count towards your FF roll in the client??
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I WILL make any effort to push you out if I can. Not in turn 15 or so, but if it's turn 3 it's well clear that it does make a huge difference. 1 player off the pitch raises my chances a whole lot when it comes to a brutal clash. Even if I risk to suffer a TD, cause I know my chances to win 2-1 increase. (note: this is valid for orcs and chaos and dorfs vs running teams).

If you don't want me to try, just stay away from the sideline or get the appropriate skills instead of leap and strip ball. Simple enough...

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I WILL make any effort to push you out if I can. Not in turn 15 or so, but if it's turn 3 it's well clear that it does make a huge difference. 1 player off the pitch raises my chances a whole lot when it comes to a brutal clash. Even if I risk to suffer a TD, cause I know my chances to win 2-1 increase. (note: this is valid for orcs and chaos and dorfs vs running teams).

If you don't want me to try, just stay away from the sideline or get the appropriate skills instead of leap and strip ball. Simple enough...

I would even do in turn 16 if you still have a turn to play an the guy is
-in reach to score
-endanger you somehow.

So it is....
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Crowdpushing is ok except when the chainpush bug or the multiple block bug is exploited to push a player with the stand firm trait or side step skill out.

Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I just totally agree with JanMattys...
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The major difference I see is the crowdpushing of blodgers. If your team has no tacklers available, or are in the wrong position, then you either have to trust to fate to get that lucky POW, or simply crowdpush him and it doesn't matter if you get pushback, push/pow or pow, the guy's gone. Especially useful if the guy was holding onto the ball at the time, as the crowd can then help you out (assuming you still have guys left to move).

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Crowdpushing is fun. Crowdpushing with style is even more fun. Well thought setups for pushing ppl out gives me good kicks... tactically of course Wink

-Janzki

-Douglas Adams
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Pushing was even greater fun in dungeonbowl where you pushed opponents in pit traps or spiked pit traps Twisted Evil

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

or in lava ; )

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine with me, but so is turn 16 fouls. Nasty skaven, rats even elves and humies, wouldn't give a second thought to try and hurt the opposing players.

People say there isn't a point to it, but hurting them can be the point. How would you get most deaths in a single match without fouls. The same goes for a lot of other things, anyway just don't get emotionaly attached to your starplayer, because he will crop it sooner or later.

Asger

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloodbowl isn't synchronized swimming. Sometimes you have to risk the health of your players or accept defeat.

Jump to: