51 coaches online • Server time: 13:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is it OK to crowdpush?
Sure, anytime!
47%
 47%  [ 136 ]
Yes, unless you do it on turn 16
51%
 51%  [ 150 ]
No, it's just bad sportsmanship
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 289

AnthonySoprano

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am against crowd pushing when it involves a whole bunch of guys with frenzy pushing you around from all over the park. Especially when you have the choice to take a *pow* result.

I don't understand why you would forego the chance to earn star player points, the backbone of making the team better, for the low percentage chance of keeping a guy off the field for an extended length of time. Sure he will be off for this drive....but if they then score and he comes back all you have done is wasted a whole buch of players actions.

And if your witch elf or norse blitzer ends up near the touchline or on the ground...watch out!!!
Azurus

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think there's anything wrong with crowdpushing.

Whether I do it or not depends on my frame of mind at the time. If I'm enjoying the game I tend to focus on scoring and ignore most crowdpushing opportunities. (Same with fouling, I'd rather use a player's action to help my own strategy than hurt the opposition's players). If my oppo is irritating me I'll probably take the crowdpush, but still only if it doesn't hurt my gameplan to use a player's action to do it.

The exceptions for me are frenzy players, which I will push out if I can, just because it amuses me to use their own tactics against them.

Anyway, the point is I think it's a fair tactic, it can have pros and cons just like anything else, why shouldn't you use it?

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

crowdpushing is fun and useful...
strategically speaking, any tactic that gives you some form of numerical superiority on the pitch is nice and should be used... with elven and agility teams u have to push opponents out often just to keep even. now, when u have numerical superiority and in control of the game, and see a rookie lineman on the edge... well, it comes down to the individual coach...

i push people, people push me... so sometimes we foul back at each other... perfect blood bowl imo...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
zredna

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

In one of my last games I was up 2-0 in turn 15 and had the chanse to crowdpush the ballholder. I didn't I had already won, I thaught it was nice. The result was som bad rolls for me and some good rolls for him and the match ended 2-1. It doesn't feel to good to let another TD be scored so next time I will probably do it anyway if I can stop a TD that way even if I have already won. I like to play BB as a gentleman most of the times but a well planned crowd push is a far to powerfull weapon for weak temas to take out a strong keyplayer or a ballholder close to the line to be totaly abandond. Fouling on the otherhand is not close of beeing as effective, the guy is already down run around him. Some times it is really powerfull thoug fouling a catch,dodge,NoS, WE catcher 5 squaes from the goalzone is really usefull to stop a TD so thats quallified as an indestructive foul in MY oppinion.
Zredna
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Crowd surfing is a big reason I take stand firm on doubles for my saurus and sidestep first up for skinks Razz

1) Crowd push as opposed to dropping him on the pitch (eg pushback or skull/pow when you have block and he doesn't) guarantees one less player on the pitch. No spp for it, but chances are you're not going to get spp from dropping him either.
2) I surfed 2 gutter runners (one of them twice) recently because they were left on the sideline and they were too fast and dangerous for my vamps to have them left on the pitch. If you're going to put a player on the sideline you'd better hope you don't make a turnover because I will try to penalise it.
3) While a turn 16 surf is generally pretty nasty, if I'm leading by one and my opponent has a chance to equalize that involves putting a player in the endzone and then passing to him, I'm going to warn them when they start moving that first catcher if he fails to score he's going off. Sure it's a bit rough, but in tournaments especially the win is important and if you can psych the other guy out it gives you that extra chance to win the game.
Asger

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Or just the simple thing that you might play the team in the future. If it is an ongoing league, injuring and killing players is a valid tactic. Increases your chance of winning, and decreases their.

In other words if you are just enjoying a game with a friend, I behave. No need to upset people Wink In any form of tournament where injuries, etc, carries over I'll be fouling and pushing all the way through, It is one of the few ways to ensure a wardancer stays down, when you get him there.

Asger

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

its basic math's if sombodys stupid enough to place a player next to the sideline and its near the ball\ is going to be near the ball for wheer your planning you offence, then im sorry HERE COMES FUN!!!!!.......

but of it just some lino that sombody has managed to push all the way to the sideline, the if they had any brains they wouldnt 1 stand it up so it can be pushed or they would take the risk and make a dodge roll in a turn where they dunt do much or nothing else to do.......

its something you learn as u play more BB , more you play more u can make it happen and more you can defend against it....
monboesen

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends a lot on circumstance. When playing for leasure and fun (like the R division) I will do it as long as the games outcome is uncertain. Should I already clearly have won or lost I won't crowdpush. Exactly same thing with fouls really. Doing either for spite is immature, weak and detracts from the funfactor of the game.

In a league game I will play meaner but still try looking ahead. Who will my opponent play next. Will I benefit more from him being weak or strong. There can be situations where you want to leave the opponent with a good chance of winning the next game.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick note to all the guys who claim it's ok to crowdpush a player in turn 16 because he is in a position to score against you:

Unless you are playing some special type of house rules with 18 turn matches I think that risk is very small indeed Razz
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Do what makes you happy , not your opponent.
Hell i will crowd push any turn , the same as fouling..... Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Its an awsome part of the game "fluff" with the crowd going beserk on anyone DUMB ENOUGH to put a non-sidestepper next to the crowd. Only sad sorry gits that worship there players above reality would wont this part of the game removed.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

wrong Cloggy. You have 16turns to play. Opponent have 16 turns.

Your 16th turn isn't necessary the last.
Zebaoth

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

What JanMattys said
EyeHateGod

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Crowd pushes & fouls are a part of the game, why people whine so much?
Mith

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

cause they are dripping wet kittys
 Jump to: