27 coaches online • Server time: 10:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay the newly redone LRB 4.0. Check it over for mistakes. If you find errors, post them here. I'll accumulate all of them on that Friday. Ship them off to Josh and after Josh finishes the final edits it will go to JJ to be published to the BloodBowl.com site.

So you have until the 18th to get it squeaky ... post replies here ... do NOT start another thread as I'll only be looking here.

Also ... this is about typos ... we aren't going to include any last minute rule changes so don't ask.

Thanks for any help anyone gives.

Galak

http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRBDRAFT/DRAFT_LRB4.0.pdf
Uber

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any rule changes in there or does it just basically include the last rule review?

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

There is something missing. The text for the Skill "Shadowing" doesn't include how the score is determined (MV+d6).

Sorry for my English ... Wink
Helian

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri Mummies with MA 7, ST 3, AG 3, AV 8 and no regenerate ??? Is that right ...
thorazine_shuffle

Post 1 Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think i've spotted a contradiction; on page 26 in the explanation of the 'Big Guy' racial characteristic, it says, "As a result, Big Guys may not use Team, Leader, or Trophy Re-rolls during their actions."

However, in the Q&A section near the end of the document on page 61, this is contradicted:
"Q: Can Big Guys use non-Team Re-rolls, such as Leader re-rolls and trophy re-rolls?
A: Yes. Even though trophy and Leader re-rolls function like Team Re-rolls in most respects, they are separate. Big Guys can benefit from being on a winning team or being in the presence of a Leader, just like any other player can."

Or have i missed something? Razz
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In the faq it says that big guys can take general traits which they cannot.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't know that Rat Ogres can mutate.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a question a little off topic but relevant to the subject. Is skijunkie going to implement the new official rules when LRB 4.0 is released or are we gonna stick the current rule set? I'm sure there are many coaches here that share this concern.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

That's the type of stuff I'm trying to find. There are going to be a lot of errors guys because in order to make this look professional again it was completely redone from new source files that were NOT done by paid professional ... SO don't be surprised to find some problems. That's why I having the community proof-read to catch them all and create a clean final version.

And yeah the FAQ might have some stuff that is now out of date from the LRB changes ... those are much needed catches as well.

Galak
Mith

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves still have no big guys

we dwarves are getting ready to demonstrate naked in front of Games Workshop, BBRC, and Fumbbl headquarters.
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Also I didn't realize that Josh really cut and pasted the Team Stuff so we are finding a lot of problems in there that need fixed.
Human, Orc, and Amazon team have the wrong allowed position limits.
The Khemri Mummy has .... .... well I'm not sure whose stats he has ... but they are Khemri Mummy ...

We'll get it all fixed just keep listing them.

Galak
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Helian wrote:
There is something missing. The text for the Skill "Shadowing" doesn't include how the score is determined (MV+d6).

Sorry for my English ... Wink

The sentence
"Each coach rolls a D6 and adds their own player’s movement allowance to the score."
was deleted which should be the 2nd sentence of the skill ... good catch.

Galak
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Also...

p.25 The stat line for Ogres is labeled "Mintoaur"
p.26 The description of rolling doubles implies that regular Strength skills cannot be taken when rolling doubles. (very minor)
p.62 First Q&A claims you still need to set up between 3 and 11 players (old RR ruling).
p.63 The list of turnovers has a typo. 3) should say, "...from the moving team ..."

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

in the description of human teams by the end of the manual throwers are listed as 0-4 choice while blitzers as 0-2

/edit orc throwers are listed as 0-4 as well

typo in the star players list - Nobbla written with a single "b"

Last edited by Garaygos on %b %09, %2005 - %19:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
screech

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In the setup section it says you have to set up 11 players, but in the Q&A section on pg. 61 it say,
Q: Do I have to field 11 players (or my entire team if I have less than 11 available)?
A: No. The only restriction is that 3 players must be placed on the Line of Scrimmage. So you may set up 3-11 players at a kick-off.

Jump to: