46 coaches online • Server time: 16:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill choice for blitzer-gutter
RSC--goes with claw to make a true killer among rats
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
+Str--all around useful
63%
 63%  [ 30 ]
Spikes--regain the -av lost from previous injury
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Another mutation (specify below)
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Regular skill (tackle/leap--specify below)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 47

AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sai, my uber-gutter on my skaven team Weapon Masters, is a true rarity among gutter runners--he doesn't just score, he does it all! Pass, score, and amazingly enough, hit. Of course, that's what having skill rolls so far of...

Horns
Dauntless
+Agi
Claw
Block

...can do for a guy. He just passed his 126 spp skill roll, aging a niggle, but that's besides the point as there's no way I'm letting this guy go off a single niggle. His mega-star roll turned up double-6's. Normally, this is cause for much celebration, and an automatic strength increase. However, given the skillset already in place, a number of options occurs...

Do I make him a true killer? Try to enhance his survivability one way or another? Do something totally unexpected? What do you think, the fumbbl community?

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

RSC

Killer rat is fun, and it's nice to see ppl turn down games vs skaven because of a GR Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh: and remember Tackle at 176 Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd get him Block

After my undead (which i have to make yet) kill him and raise him as a Zombie Wink
Garaygos

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

not even a single interception? what a crappy player! VLL is what you need man, trust me

Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I choose +STR. I have a similar GR who rolled +STR after rolling a host of good skills and I think it is the best way to keep him alive.
Bloke100

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I would suggest +st, will hopefully make him a lot less susceptible to the hordes who are no doubt after him already

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you've done wonders keeping him alive, and the best way to enhance his survivability is to take the +ST. At his current strength, he can be killed on a 2db by a wood elf, or on a straight up 1db by a halfling. Giving him the +ST, it makes opponents assign another blocker to him, freeing up another player on your team to develop. Perhaps your woefully undernourished giant rat; he looks like he could use some attention.

IMHO, of course.
Jensen

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The best choice I see is probable RSC or STR, but another fun and protective skill is foul appearence...... Could be annoying.

Anyway, its a luxury problem Smile

Jensen
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I see you took RSC. I don't understand why. Why on earth would you actually hit people with a st2 rat?

1) You've only got one guard on your team, so you're unlikely to get advantageous block situations.
2) In order to hit people, you're putting him in a position where he's going to get hit back more often than not.
3) He's already lost an av so at av6 he's going to get hurt more than half the time he goes down.

I would not be surprised if he died in the next 5 games if you use him the way you are supposed to use a RSC player.
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you missed the horns/dauntless mstrchef13
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The horns/dauntless means I can take on anybody in a 1v1 situation, so his specialty is not as a center-field scrum but rather to pick off loners on the outside, or better yet, to race deep and threaten the thrower in the backfield. And while I share your sentiment he won't last 5 games, it'll be a very enjoyable 5 games indeed...

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The foulbait of foulbait players... Dauntless/Horns and Claw/RSC. You are an evil, evil man, AFK_Eagle. Pity he can no longer get the skill necessary to become a one-turner as well, that would make him wanted to die on three accounts...

On the other hand, if he gets Leap as his last skill instead of Tackle, then he'll be wanted for the +AG/Leap Combo as well.

* Mezir shrugs

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that is the most broken player that I have ever laid eyes on.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it was more a show off than a request for assistance indeed Wink

Jump to: