89 coaches online • Server time: 21:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you care about this post at all?
Of course, It's a fascinating observation
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
No, But I like you, so I'll pretend.
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
No, but I like excuses to post to feel better about myself and my political opinions
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
PLEASE!!!! Get a more fufilling job, or a new hobby, I can't take much more of you!
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Random thought of a slow day at work. Do you think "Safe" games spawn themselves? I'm taking the word "Cherry-picking" out of it, but it occured to me. People would rather play my humans and helves, and usually it's "softer" teams who ask, so my teams start getting a match record that makes it look like they only play soft teams. The whole. "Elf Coaches are sissies" thing kind of perpetuates itself, don't it?

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump.... I must deserve a comment from the guy who found it fascinating.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright Mac, since no one else is gonna spark up a conversation with you I will. Some might ask, "Why would you do that Slick?" The reason is simply because I am also incredibly bored at work. My elves are not soft nor my human, they are more like a squishy paste. I like to play against bash teams if I think I can surprise them with some nifty agility style moves. Of course inevitably one of those games results in the severe maiming of my team so I just start over, and the wheel goes round. Don't call my elves soft boyee or they will dodge around you and score while running away like scared little girls. HOO, HA!

By the way I said no, I just like to hear myself talk.

Last edited by Slick on %b %17, %2005 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Elf coaches aren't sissy. They are just soft.

Jeffro
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, one of my helf linos BHd a tree and an Ogre in Back-to-Back games before getting any skills.... And my humans regularily lay smack. I LOVE surprising people. My Orcs and Dwarves both pass regularily for the same reason.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with my favorite human team not taking off, is that the word elf in their match record is drowned out by orcs, norse, chaos, and undead. Now that my team is tailored towards bashing teams... if that is at all possible with humans (getting sidetracked), I get beaten up by blodge squads because I only have one surviving tackler. Only human.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My humans got bashed forever... Lost tonnes of matches for a long time, and are now finally doing well. The +STR and +AG Throwers are maybe helping Wink I'm getting less bored! Keep responding!

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

We should play some time, I think I don't have enough games vs humans in.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Netherlands, Eh? Maybe on a Monday (evening for you)...