13 coaches online • Server time: 04:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
¿Whats the best big guy for a chaos team?
Ogre
31%
 31%  [ 20 ]
Troll
31%
 31%  [ 20 ]
Minotaur
31%
 31%  [ 20 ]
Big guys just suck, dont buy any
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 64

Elwen

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Im playing my first chaos team and i have 120k, and i was wondering with the new non general access for big guys what do you think is now the best one for a chaos team?
Elwen

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean, arent minotaurs much less relyable now that they cant acces block so easily?, and more if u roll doubkes, would you pick block or a mutation? isnt an ogre much solid and relyable?
Elwen

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

comments would be appreciated at the time you vote Very Happy
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ogre is the most relaible (least unreliable?)
The minotaur starts with frenzy which is dangerous BUT he does not lose his TZ when 'going wild'
The troll is the worst BUT with his reg perfect LOS-fodder.

Personal preference I guess. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Minotaurs are in my experience too unreliable without access to a leader-RR as in the board-game and general-skills which makes mutations less useful as you need a double to get that valueable Block and perhaps Pro, as well as making them too unreliable blitzers whihch i turn makes their Horn a less useful trait (mind you; I'm not the most expereinced around and I've only been on the recieving end of a minotaur except for one game). Trolls might seem a liability with Really Stupid and inferior to Ogres with 2 MA less. But as they'll spend most of their times in the heat of battle this is hardly ever a real issue, and in this case their Regenerate almost makes them superior as they tend to survive for longer compared to the others.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing they are good for is los fodder. Thats why the troll is the best. He is just a big fat thing that you give guard and stands in the middle of your guys. Minotaurs end up wasting your blitz all the time and they have crappy armor while ogres are just to expensive and not that much better than a troll.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

None. Never take a big guy, ever. You're much better off with another beastman on the field. Saves on TR too.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

*This is a public safety announcement. Azurus is a cynical, sarcastic idiot. Please ignore any and everything he may say. Thank you for your attention.*

Wink

But to be honest: Azurus do have a point but a big guy can also prove to be a big asset tying up some players and put fear (or a mocking grin) on the face of the opposing coach. All comes down to preferences.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for Ogre. Beastmen have Horns for Blitzing, so many times the BG needs only to move and Minos are bad at moving around. Trolls are too slow and stupid for my taste + Ogres have AG2, so they can be given a hand-over in some obscure cases. Smile

Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

There is another poll about the same matter at
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4335

This poll also has nothing to do with the tournaments. I think it sould be at Tactics & Strategy.

I like the Ogre.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The ogre is much better than the troll (that's why he costs more). In particular bonehead means he doesn't need a minder - so ensuring he's free to keep running around on his own if necessary.

Also don't underestimate Thick Skull. Keeping guys on the field is sometimes really useful.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

heres the thing
big guys get 3 doubles free
with troll or ogre on a chaos team thats usually block pro standfirm
or block pro frenzy
the minotaur has the frenzy for free, and can go block pro claw, making his po better, or since po helps out his mighty blow go block pro rsc
not to mention that the minotaur also has thick skull
granted im talking about a 7 skill big guy, but also if you get 2 doubles early you can go block claw to get him to the third free double quicker

Goodbye Cusi
public_Bob

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

don't really get what u r talking about with 'free doubles'???

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Big guys are a waste of time now. No Gen acces and no rr = crap.
Get another beastman, and save the rest of the cash for niggles or deaths.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

public_Bob wrote:
don't really get what u r talking about with 'free doubles'???

Once you've run out of strength skills you get doubles automatically. So theoretically you could have a very nasty looking BG.

TBH I think the doomsayers are talking nonsense. BG's still have a sensible role for most teams - they are soaks for punishment.

Obviously ROs & Minos aren't as good as they were blitzer types. so losing easy access to block & tackle is a big deal.

Jump to: