29 coaches online • Server time: 01:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
golan

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,
some rules questions:

1) I block an enemy, I smash him on the ground and follow, I then roll for Armour; he had the ball, that scatters... on me! I fail to take the ball, and it bounces again and falls to the ground. Is it my turn-over, or not?

2) When the ball bounces, is it considered a "passage" ? If yes, can I use "catch" ability? If not, can I use "sure hands"? when I try to get the ball, do I have the +1 (like a passage) or +1 (like a pick-up) ?

3) If a big guy rolls to use his "pro" ability, but fails... can I use a team reroll for THAT roll ?

4) A fouling player has +1 on armour rolls (if not in enemy tackle zones). A fouling player that has the ability "dirty Player", when using it on armour rolls, gets +3 (that is 1+2) or only +2 ?

Thanks guys!

Golan
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

1) no, it's not.

2) yes. catch counts as a reroll on scatters and kicks. And I think it is a catch of a non-accurate passage.

3) yes on tabletop. Not in the client. You can't reroll failed Pro rolls.

4) only a +2

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

3) Not on table-top either, because it's a Big Guy. If it wasn't a Big Guy, then yes. But still not in the client.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

@Mezir:

DOH Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

4) only a +2

Nope..it's +3

the +1 for fouling is JUST like the +1 for an accurate pass or the +1 for dodging, or the +1 for picking up the ball. You can add skill modifiers to those (like using the accurate skill)...same principle applies to Dirty player.

Also note that you get to use teh +2 from DP after the AV roll, so if you break the armor without using DP's +2, you get to use the +2 from DP on the Injury roll (the client does this automatically i believe)

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ad 1) It is not a turnover because a turnover is when...

- you fail to pick up the ball (not here obviously)
- you fail to catch a pass with a player of your team

The ball scatters onto your player so you try to catch (not pick up), you fail the catch, but as it wasn't a pass you don't suffer a turnover.

Just wanted to explain the "No, it's not" from JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:

Nope..it's +3

the +1 for fouling is JUST like the +1 for an accurate pass or the +1 for dodging, or the +1 for picking up the ball. You can add skill modifiers to those (like using the accurate skill)...same principle applies to Dirty player.

Also note that you get to use teh +2 from DP after the AV roll, so if you break the armor without using DP's +2, you get to use the +2 from DP on the Injury roll (the client does this automatically i believe)

I always thought Dirty Player INCREASED the normal foul roll to +2 instead of +1. I.e. it is not cumulative with the normal foul roll. (This is probably the reason it is +2 instead of +1 to begin with)

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan wrote:
GorTeX wrote:

Nope..it's +3

I always thought Dirty Player INCREASED the normal foul roll to +2 instead of +1. I.e. it is not cumulative with the normal foul roll. (This is probably the reason it is +2 instead of +1 to begin with)

LRB wrote:
Dirty Player (General Skill) A player with this skill has trained long and hard to learn every dirty trick in the book. If he fouls an opposing player then add +2 to the Armor or the Injury rolls. Note that this skill can only be used if the player actually makes a foul; it may not be used if he is assisting another player who is making a foul. The Dirty Player skill may be used to modify an Amour or Injury roll for a foul, not both.

So, if the DP does not break the victim's armour with all valid assists (including his own +1!!!) he may add +2 to the armour roll. If he does not need the DP +2 on the armour he can put it on injurie instead, but not both.

Clear?

Jump to: