41 coaches online • Server time: 01:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
I don't want to play your scary chaos team because...
I am scared of chaos, I hardly ever take games vs them unless I know I will win
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
You rolled too many doubles and +str/+ag/double rolls your team is broken
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
I don't play teams with more mighty blow/claws than 2
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
Your other chaos team 'Deportus' slammed me and you will do the same
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I don't like the way you play
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
I am not scared, bring it!
63%
 63%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 99

smoked_g60

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=157380
Here is my newly created and nicely developing chaos team. I don't want to make another killer chaos team with rsc all around, this time I am aiming at a more rounded team. Now of course they are distinctly chaos with high individual strrength. However I am wondering what others standards are regarding taking games vs chaos and poundy teams in general.
Also add a bit to explain your choice if you like.
I'll probally not get a dirty player on this team unless they get fouled tons and need to survive with one.
This team is going to be strictly foul only if fouled first.
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO the first and the only rule is not to fill the chaos team with claws, razor sharp claws, mighty blow and dirty players (if you want to play vs agile teams, that is).
Elwen

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

play my scarier weonlyrollskulls chaos haha

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=157445
monboesen

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire your nigglers ASAP, no reason to keep them on a Ranked team.

And the same argument applies as to why I wouldn't play you. There is no reason for me to do so in Ranked league as long as I can find games with less hurt potential. Simple as that.

I'll play mean and bashy in tournements, but in R I play for fun. My kind of fun does not include casualties, mine or others.
harald

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

That is the fault with 'ranked'. You just can't get games against AG4 teams, there are some exceptions to the rule but I would presume some 90% of the coaches of AG4 teams never play any bashers. I am going to drop my Dirty Player from my rotter team once I skill up some other goats in order to be able to play other things than bashers which gets kind of boring after a while and I want to hear other things than:

'You have a dirty player which shows a tendency for fouling which I don't like'

from elf coaches.

Bah! The game is called bloodbowl so live with it!!! So far I have only gotten ONE game against a non-basher with my rotters in 14 or so games.

League play with an equal mix of teams is the way to go which is why I will probably stick to Unranked games fairly soon.

And Elwen, sorry you have three guys with claws. You will never get games against non-bashers...

I would love to see FUMBBL implement categories of teams so you can't play a team from the same category (bashy, neutral, finesse) until you've played the other two categories first. In ranked that is. Regular unranked league play should be whatever. Only when you are forced to play them all will show how truly skilled you are as a coach.
thesquig

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed our game the other day Smoked_g60. I played you with my undead, who have played some scary teams in their time. I'm not too bothered about playing chaos since theres 50% that my players will regen and with a continuous team it doesnt matter too much if a player dies.

I like playing against chaos and I seem to have a good record against them. Who said undead were bad at high TR.

I however think that your st5 CW with claws, rsc, block and tackle is utterly broken and thats reason enough for the claw, rsc combo to be nerfed. He scored about 5 cas in the game...

Bashy teams vs bashy chaos shouldnt be too bad imo. The team I most fear is orcs, they rip my undead a new one everytime.

Sinner

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not scared, bring it!

And my dark elves have the record to prove it!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You obviously haven't encountered any members of the E.L.F. We play all comers--including khemri, nurgle, ogres, etc--although let's be fair, we aren't going to be suicidal and play a team with several dp's and claw/rsc types. A couple, fine, we can avoid a couple players on-pitch.

And please, enough with the "this is BLOODbowl" lines...this is also a game played for enjoyment, and some people prefer tactical games of finesse and strategy, requiring brains and not reliance upon luck of the cas-dice. And in no way would I ever support a "play all three categories" rule for ranked--this would free up the claw/rsc/dp teams to load up as killers, then wait knowing that the "finesse" types would eventually have to play them, whereupon he'd have a field day and the finesse team would not exist. Quick enough, you'd not find any finesse teams at all in ranked, as they simply could not exist, or if they did they wouldn't get above TR 140 or so before being clobbered back down.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Harald some of us don't care about rankings and who's the greatest coach. We just play to relax and have fun. By some twist of fate Ranked league has ended up being THE league for that kind of play. If the Unranked league had enough games to support that I would play exlusively there.

And for whats its worth Rotters are possibly one of the least attractive team to play with agility teams. They take away your greatest advantage, ball handling. And to a lesser degree your other advantage mobility (with tentacles).

PS. Is a Human team with 6-7 MB, Plenty of guard and DP a bashy team ? A neutral one ?
harald

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

squig_87 wrote:
I however think that your st5 CW with claws, rsc, block and tackle is utterly broken and thats reason enough for the claw, rsc combo to be nerfed. He scored about 5 cas in the game...

RSC no longer exists in the vault rules. Most likely it will be gone within a review or two and the most gruesome combo would then be Claw/MB which is still pretty lethal and often employed by werewolfs.

Dirty player is also seriously nerfed in the vault rules. I think it is down to +1/+1. I could be mistaken however.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing that I'm wondering is that when so many coaches KNOW that if they have Claws and TSC's they can't find any games, they still take them? I mean, it's nice to take them, but enough is enough. I have one Claw/RSC beastman, and some coached still think twice before facing it. If I'd have 2 of them, it'd be even more frustating to find games.

And all you Chaos coaches who moan for not getting any games; think it from the eyes of your opponents. What's the point of playing against you, win 3-1, and getting 1-3 stars killed?

So my advice is to use those doubles on more interesting skills/mutations. Yeah, you may have one with Claw or RSC, it can make the game interesting, but having 2 or more "killers" is not fun for agile teams.

But, if you are developing a team for tournaments, feel free to load up those killers. But don't expect to have any games outside tournaments.

P.S. And a personal notification: I like to play against Rotters, Chaos or Orcs with my high elves. I'm not that big fan of elfbowls, where the question is who will fail that pass and suffer 1td loss.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:

And please, enough with the "this is BLOODbowl" lines...this is also a game played for enjoyment, and some people prefer tactical games of finesse and strategy, requiring brains and not reliance upon luck of the cas-dice. And in no way would I ever support a "play all three categories" rule for ranked--this would free up the claw/rsc/dp teams to load up as killers, then wait knowing that the "finesse" types would eventually have to play them, whereupon he'd have a field day and the finesse team would not exist. Quick enough, you'd not find any finesse teams at all in ranked, as they simply could not exist, or if they did they wouldn't get above TR 140 or so before being clobbered back down.

On the contrary, the bashers picking gentle and odd mutations would get to play the elfs looking their bashy opponent which would easily kill off the crunchers since they wouldn't be able to find games when they have to play their finesse opponent.

Also it is a moot argument with elfs not getting above a TR of 140. In my live bloodbowl league we have elfs getting to TR250 as well as 11 players with mighty blow or dirty player chaos dwarfs around...

Basically ranked as is equals bashy vs bashy and finesse vs finesse which is kind of boring.

I have troubles seeing strategy in the elfs vs elfs games since basically everything is done on 2+ and the winner is very often the one who rolls the fewest 1s. Just as strategy is more limited in bashy vs bashy where often the winner is the one knocking out the most.

I am fairly new to FUMBBL and have to admit that picking dirty player on a beastman for my nurgles was a mistake due to the abscence of non bash play and he will be fired at first opportunity when the other goats skill up and I can replace him. I want to play a diversity of teams and once you pick a DP you are stuck in the bashy category with a few exceptions.
Vargas

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire the two niggle players.
harald

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

monboesen wrote:

And for whats its worth Rotters are possibly one of the least attractive team to play with agility teams. They take away your greatest advantage, ball handling. And to a lesser degree your other advantage mobility (with tentacles).

PS. Is a Human team with 6-7 MB, Plenty of guard and DP a bashy team ? A neutral one ?

An FA heavy team is the kind of challenge a stout elf coach should love to go up against. Finally he has to outsmart his opponent and avoid pesky FA pass blockers instead of relying on not rolling 1s...

Humans naturally falls into the neutral category though on a general basis such a team would best be described as bashy. Though such a human team would with my proposal have troubles finding a finesse team to play and would die of exhaustion just as Claw/RSC heavy teams would ie they would never find opponents.
Wizard

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Jesus Christ! Im sick to death of whinging players!
Even if its...
"Its not fair, im always unlucky..."
"I always roll double skulls"
"No one will play my chaos.."
"I never roll doubles for skills..."
"I always age at spp 16..."

GET A LIFE - its a friggin game!
I bet you are the type of person who whinges because no one will play monopoly against you - if some one dosn't want to play you, get over it, find someone else and stop wasting the forum space...

Stupid poll that i refuse to even submit an answer for
Maybe i should start a poll whinging about the whiners...