12 coaches online • Server time: 05:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Elf Race Is The Best?
High Elf
13%
 13%  [ 20 ]
Elf
13%
 13%  [ 21 ]
Dark Elf
44%
 44%  [ 67 ]
Wood Elf
28%
 28%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 151

Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont understand all this talk about high elf catchers when pro elf catchers are clearly better. same stats same # allowed on the team only difference is NOS on the pro elf to start with
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Because High Elves are thougher. Having AV8 on the rest of the team is a good way to keep your players on the field. Durability over Flashy skills.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah. Pro Elf catchers are undoubtedly better than HE catchers but if you're playing Ranked then durability is vital in the long run.

S' why I'm playing Pro Elves in my next tournament, only 5-6 games to play and the team retires (probably half dead but with mostly wins under it's belt).
Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want durability, you'd go for darkelfs anyway. 4 times 8 3 4 7 Catch certainly isn't as good as 4 times 7 3 4 8 Block, not to mention that the remaining 2 witch elves start out with 2 traits each.
So high elves are definitely on the bottom of the list for me, that additional movement point in comparison to the dark elves simply isn't worth it - 7 is enough for a non gfi td in 2 turns and 8 is too low to develop a cozy one turner.

As for durability in general: With any elf team you need to avoid standing next to the bashers of the other side, but when you do and something bad happens, the 10k price difference from the lineman and throwers comes in handy.
Slick

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well let's look at the stats:

Elf games: 15858 record: 45 / 16 / 39 TD: -0.19 CAS: -1.19

Wood Elf games: 52808 record: 45 / 16 / 40 TD: -0.28 CAS: -1.29

High Elf games: 29724 record: 41 / 17 / 42 TD: -0.44 CAS: -0.74

Dark Elf games: 51885 record: 42 / 17 / 42 TD: -0.47 CAS: -0.62

There you have it Pro Elves are the best at winning, and Dark Elves are the best at living. On the other hand more than 3 times as many games have been played by DE so it's hard to tell how good the Pros really are, but I think you get the point.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Just depends on what style you like to play. I play both DE and Pro elves. The stats don't lie, Pros are flashier but darkies have a better longevity. If you win games and keep increasing your FF, the money should be there to replace the dead and injured ones. My Pro Elves have lost 8 catchers to one thing or another. They still win and if the money is there (FF 22) they just keep on truckin. Always somebody behind them ready to get blodge/dump-off.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I like DE for their av8.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well it depends on wether you only do elf bowl really:p

DEs can play other teams as well with quite alot of success, as can HEs. But of those 2, my money's still on the DEs.
SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

And they'll always NEED someone behind them to get blodge/dumpoff, cuz they die a LOT! haha

I used to have the "broken" Pro Elf team with 2 dumpoff Catchers, 3 ST4 linemen and sick Blitzers. Know what happened to them?? AV7 happened to them. Opponents happened. Those of you that say Pro Elves are broken haven't tried to play them beyond 30 games or so. Unless your FF goes up after every other game you're not gonna make any money after a while. And your armor isn't gonna get any better. To make Pro Elves work long term you have to be a manager...and a GOOD coach.

Yeah Pro Catchers are better than HE Catchers. But they're more expensive and the team around them isn't as good. Pro Blitzers and Catchers are both more expensive than their HE counterparts and that's good early, but later it hurts. Sure a Pro Blitzer starts with another skill, but the difference between a Pro with 6 skills and a HE with 5 is negligible at best. And at higher TR Pros are gonna get busted.

Dark Elves aren't as flashy, but they can live and let die.

Woodies are crap without Wardancers...and all it takes is a tackler and a dirty to cripple them.
Frankie

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously, elves need the less skill of a coach. All teams suck! Razz
Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Why does an elf coach need less skill? Its quite hard to set up and keep players alive while trying to stop the opponent from scoring.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elf, but then again - those are the only elfs i ever had some real luck with, slow but great defense and some nice players to start with
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't played pro elves much, maybe half a dozen. My HE experiment lasted 20-25 games, but I just got bored with them. Between darkies and woodies, I had better success with darkies but more fun with woodies. Sure, it was frustrating as all get out trying to keep woodies alive, but no other team, except maybe skaven, have I had better success scoring (and winning!) with a bare handful of players on-pitch.

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro Elves don't work nearly as well at higher TR. I like to keep mine below TR 200. It makes replacing players much easier, and there is less tackle to pull down your blodgers. I would imagine that they would make an excellent team for the short term or in a no progression tourney.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Wood Elves because they are the best through 150 tr because of the wardancers who get stripball first game instead of dodge
the catchers make them the best through 200 tr because they are as fast as gutters and can play just as good defense
and they are the only elves that can put av 10 on the line to take hits for them
dark elves are the best past 200 or 250 tr but wood elves dont really get that high very often, they take injuries which keep them at or around 200 tr which is where they're the best

Goodbye Cusi
 Jump to: