55 coaches online • Server time: 18:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Elf Race Is The Best?
High Elf
13%
 13%  [ 20 ]
Elf
13%
 13%  [ 21 ]
Dark Elf
44%
 44%  [ 67 ]
Wood Elf
28%
 28%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 151

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Slick wrote:
Well let's look at the stats:

Elf games: 15858 record: 45 / 16 / 39 TD: -0.19 CAS: -1.19

Wood Elf games: 52808 record: 45 / 16 / 40 TD: -0.28 CAS: -1.29

High Elf games: 29724 record: 41 / 17 / 42 TD: -0.44 CAS: -0.74

Dark Elf games: 51885 record: 42 / 17 / 42 TD: -0.47 CAS: -0.62

There you have it Pro Elves are the best at winning, and Dark Elves are the best at living. On the other hand more than 3 times as many games have been played by DE so it's hard to tell how good the Pros really are, but I think you get the point.

As long as you have an artificial open environment such as [R] in which you can pick your opponent this might be true.

In a league with a fixed schedules you'd have highly different results.

AV 7 just sucks.
canaries

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing sacks the opposition ballcarrier like a wardancer. Sure they get punched to pieces after a while, but while they live theyre the best and most fun team to play. Add a thrower with sure hands and leap + nerves of steel and you get outta trouble in notime.
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a mighty complicated subject; against all teams, I think Dark Elves manage best, though my own preference is High Elves - durable, but with catchers for the quick score to get you out of trouble - curiously, against other Elves, Dark Elves perform most poorly - for elf v elf, read on:

According to http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=results :

Elves beat Dark Elves
Elves beat High Elves
Elves beat Wood Elves
Wood Elves beat Dark Elves
Wood Elves beat High Elves
Dark Elves equal High Elves

So Elf > Wood Elf > Dark Elf/High Elf , at least in the Elfbowl stakes.

I hadn't realised the new Elf team could outplay the Wood Elves - I'll have to give them a whirl sometime.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I like the Blitzers on an elf team better than Wardancers but thats just me.
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Elf blitzers are great. I don't think that they quite equal WD, but they aren't far behind. AV 8 gives them them the ability to do things that would swiftly injure a WD. Personally, I like to give them dodge/tackle/diving tackle. This, combined with their starting sidestep, will severely limit the mobility of your opponents. Agility teams are dependent on easy dodging - take that away and you put a major kink in their game plans.
Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand why you would want to give the DT, but I'm not wanting to leave my blitzers in a TZ if I don't have to. On offense I try to use them to open a hole and send the rest of them through so that there are to many to cover (you know standard elf stuff). On defense I try to use side step to get me as close to the ball as possible to take it from the opponent. I figure thats the best defense with elves because if you are spending alot of time in the trenches you are getting players hurt.
milnestar

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

DEAD ELVES !

Undead rules

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

the best elf is a dead elf!
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Dead elves are best. So thats three of us, motion carried, all elves are to be killed.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Veto'd Very Happy
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Jasonian wrote:
I understand why you would want to give the DT, but I'm not wanting to leave my blitzers in a TZ if I don't have to.

You don't set them in opposing tackle zones all of the time - just ocassionally when it makes sense. Blodge and AV8 let them get away with it pretty well. I use them when I need to reduce the mobility of a single player - putting a tackle zone on the ball carrier or a NOS receiver, for example. I also like to form loose screens around my ball carrier, and it's tough for my opponents to dodge through that screen for a blitz when they are getting -2 to those rolls.

Personally, I think that DT is a little underused here on Fumbbl - especially for those teams who are playing a lot of elf ball. Develop a DT blitzer at some point as an experiment - I think that you will be pleasantly surprised.
Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Cmon people lets vote!
 Jump to: