63 coaches online • Server time: 17:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Pro Bloodlust
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

I entered a Chaos Dwarf team (Canterbury Crusaders 2005) to our open qualification league. I have never played CD before, just against.

Quote:
The league rules are:
Quote:
1. QPool will now have a TR Cap of 150 for all games. You cannot play with a TR greater than 150.
5. Fouling: We are not ruling out fouling, but it is extremely frowned upon in QPool and we would not like to see it used excessively. We will monitor the "ettiquette" of fouling and may make rule changes if we feel it necessary.
6. Teams will be able to be promoted from QPool to Regional (hence why they both have TR150 caps).

It will be a long term league and some day I’ll promote them to the closed tournament to replace my Woodelf team.

Okay, those are the league facts. My question is now how to skill my players. The Dwarfs are clear, Guard and MB are the two options on normal throws.

As you can see, I need skills for two Hobgoblins and one BullC. One Hobo will get +1AG . That is pretty much a given. The other two players rolled a double on their first skill.

What is your advice?

Cheers,

PLATYPUS

PS: I have 90.000. Shall I buy a doc now or wait for the troll?
Sinner

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

hobbo with double: think about pass or catch, maybe dodge
Bull with double: stand firm is annoying as hell, but also think about frenzy or dodge.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

1-Buy an apo. always. You'll regret it otherwise. Wink
2-I'd go for SF over dodge myself. No turnover when attempting to break tackle is always a nice thing.
3-Hobbo with a double; accurate or pass if you want a shot at a passing game, dodge for survivability.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on how you want to play.

I'd maybe give catch to the BC - 75% chance of handoff to your fastest player makes him a lot more dangerous. Otherwise I'd go for dodge or stand firm to make him that bit more mobile (coupled with break tackle later on).
The hobgoblin is <i>really</i> down to your playing style. Pass would probably be my choice, giving you more Offensive options (and giving him sure hands on his second skill).
I'm a big fan of the early appo - but then I'm paranoid - and you can probably stand another couple of games without the troll (you have the players to hold the centre of the pitch if you need it at low TR anyway).
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 16:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Dwarves are the one race i claim some skill with therefore I feel i can add my two pennys.

With tr capped very low there will not be too much development so every skill has to punch it weight now.

First the hobgobs. +Ag of course. Other hobgob i'd either go dodge, or ignore the double and get kick.

For the Bull, I'd take Stand Firm. Uses now for defensive lynch pin, and the bull IS likely to develop so will be a good combi skill later.

As to the cash. GET AN APOTH.

Then get a Minotaur. Trolls suck. Mino's are a constant distraction to opposiiton and have huge fear factor. Also can still mutate for CD, offering tentacles which is fab in a mixed league with dodgers/elves etc.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

PLATYPUS wrote:
Hey guys,

I entered a Chaos Dwarf team (Canterbury Crusaders 2005) to our open qualification league. I have never played CD before, just against.

Quote:
The league rules are:
Quote:
1. QPool will now have a TR Cap of 150 for all games. You cannot play with a TR greater than 150.
5. Fouling: We are not ruling out fouling, but it is extremely frowned upon in QPool and we would not like to see it used excessively. We will monitor the "ettiquette" of fouling and may make rule changes if we feel it necessary.
6. Teams will be able to be promoted from QPool to Regional (hence why they both have TR150 caps).

Oh man PLAT...surely you know the first rule of SWL is NOT to mention our rules in open discussion!!! Qpool is for swimmers..quit talking to the lifeguards!

Wink Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Oz

:p Every information is useful for success. Know your team and your enemy better Wink

@ All others

Cheers so far. I took Stand Firm and Leader. After one game I am not sure if Leader was a good option. At the start I didn't needed a RR and later he stayed in the KO box Sad

My other CD rolled a normal skill. Block will be my option. I am not so sure about a normal roll for an other hobo. Normally, I would have taken Sure hands but I have a AG4 player now.

Cheers,

PLATYPUS

PS: I have the money for a troll now. But am not sure if I should by one or not.
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:

Oh man PLAT...surely you know the first rule of SWL is NOT to mention our rules in open discussion!!! Qpool is for swimmers..quit talking to the lifeguards!

... if it's your first night at Qpool, you MUST swim?

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

PLATYPUS wrote:
@ Oz

:p Every information is useful for success.

PLAT..DON'T buy a troll. Only keep and use 1 Cenataur...give Hobgoblins dump off and multiple block where possible. Never cage, look for long passess...and always take the 1d blocks.

Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

And play Ozjesting every chance you can! He's truly a push-over!

Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 00:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You will need at least 2 hobgob ball handlers most games.

One handler means 1 blitz can put you out of the game.

Keep a spare and if possible only play one each drive.
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The BC seem to be the main ball carriers when I've played against CD.
Sp00n

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah i'd go for a backup hobgob carrier with surehands, once he gets pass he is strategically a better carrier than the ag4 and then u have an ag4 to catch with and dodge down the field as an alternative to the BC receiever.
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers so far (except Oz Wink )

My 5th game is over and my first CD got a skill Smile (Guard)

My BC (with Stand Firm) rolled an other double. Is dodge the best option for that team?

The AG4 Hobo gets a skill. My first thought is Sure Hands. It saves me a rr right at the beginning of the turn.

And Justin rolled a 10. Shall I take the 10?

Please give me your thoughts.

Cheers,

PLATYPUS
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I like dodge on Bulls. Combined with break Tackle later is gives you enormous mobility. Now just have wet dreams about getting +AG as well.....
 Jump to: