52 coaches online • Server time: 16:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
"The horizon of some people is a circle with a radius of zero ... they call that their point of view." (Albert Einstein)

That's very amusing, thank you. Since we're playing the Trite Sayings Game, how about this one: "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Or this one: "Monster I am, lest monster I become."

Or this one: "I may not like what you say, but I will die defending your right to say it." (Voltaire)

Quote:
Listen Simple Minded Person, i just took the time to explain some of the foundations of the german constitution to you.

Very badly, I might add, and with little consideration whatsoever with how that constitution might interact with fundamental human rights.
Quote:

Maybe you should pick the people you want to drag into flame wars with more care, and try to stay away from the guys who studied sociology, history, jounalism and german. Because those people own you and your pathetic little world of dogmas big time.

Of the typical troll behaviourisms, these are the ones you've fulfilled:

1) Chest-beating and support of physical violence as a means of asserting your point of view;
2) Boasting about your education;
3) Accused people who disagree with you of being close-minded without making any kind of effort to see their point of view.

Pretty soon you'll be telling us you have an IQ of 180, a black belt in karate, judo and kungfu, and you bed three women a night.

Quote:
Please do not respond again unless you want to have the last word, because you obvioulsy don't want to benefit from this conversation, but WIN it.

Damn, you've got me with your brilliant psychoanalysis. I am undone. You're right. You win the argument. I'm convinced: let's silence anyone who disagrees with what our governments say. But let's not beat them up (not effective enough) or send them into space (too costly). I have a perfect, final solution: let's send them to the gas chambers instead.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

xen7ric wrote:
HollowOne. Nice to have someone saying roughly what I would be saying.. Saves me the trouble although I think a discussion about media independance could spawn another 10 page thread...

No problem. It's not like tackling someone like BigMac is much of a challenge; he gave up presenting a coherent argument about two or three pages ago.

And yeah, free media do need checks and balances, too (lest they print outright fabrications) but I don't think the government are the best people to do it... but as you say, that's another debate. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya Ya Yawn!

Well with Hollowone answer this thread will be locked and I will end up as the last poster here

/me wins

ps: Mully's attack about Irak (he he) was poor.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac. I would like you to do one thing for yourself.

Please ask yourself why you have such a strong belief in the intelligence of the leaders of your country. Especially since you have such obvious contempt for the leader of the US... You seem to be contradicting your assertion that countries are run by great minds.

You also completely ignore the numerous examples of laws / political decisions being made out of self interest rather than the greater good. I can think of plenty for the UK and the US, I assume Germany is the same (and will wet myself laughing if you tell me it isn't).
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol you guys sure like to argue! Lots of locked threads and bad attitude going about as well...

his is one of the main reasons non-political discussion is banned on TBB, and its he better for it, lots of you guys seem to be falling out over trivial (to me) matters.

The site is here, obey the rules, or go make your own!!! Laughing
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a damn shame that simple civlity has to be regulated and enforced.

In fact, it's more than a shame, it's outright depressing.

Alas. *Lock*

Jump to: