30 coaches online • Server time: 10:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Like the idea?
Yes its great! past legends taking the field again
74%
 74%  [ 62 ]
No its a waste of time
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
im not bothered but i wanted to vote!
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 83

Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Just Select the players from the positions allowed on the race rosters.

ie skaven 2 throwers 4 gutters 2 sv 1 ratogre liners.

taking the best available at the position.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah !!

Take this team !

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=10047
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm albator, it wasnt about taking whole teams, more building the teams from the best available players.
Kind of like an all star game ^^

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea Brownrob. I´ll gladly help you out if you need it. Zy-nox´ idea about filling the positions from the top ten lists sounds good to me.

I think that all injuries should be removed or the top 10 should be based on playes strenght (as by the ts formula) instead of accomplishments.

M

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Laviak, you should remove any kind of injuries, it has to be a super team! I wonder if an orc team would like to have on its roster my former high-flying gobbo Lupino, the gobbo with most SPP ever... Smile Just check the top 10 list for a quick look
Muyske

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it sure sounds like a good idea... Giving the opportunity to us not so gifted coaches to play with a team full of legends Smile
In selecting the players, I think you shouldn't use the n° of spp's they have scored as a base to select them on, since most players will be legends, and it won't matter if they have 176 or 676 spp's anyway. Try looking at skills, selecting them based on their increases, doubles and such... and also, If you are able to create such a team, please be so kind to remove any injuries Very Happy
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps some of the stat decrease could be kept to try and even it out a little? Perhaps remove all niggles and keep other injurys?

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

well i have done the amazon team, started on the chaos flings...

Zucchini and Drakk Painhoove take up TR269 between them!!! (Imagine Frode...) Very Happy Currently they have inj but its no big deal to remove them Smile

Zucchini had -ma, -ag, -av, n for example... would he just lose the niggle in that case?

How much FF/Rerolls/Team Staff/Number of players will there be on each roster?

Rob
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

and i have no idea how the STR formula works, let alone using it to calculate the team str...
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=8

This is the link I found for the team strength formula

The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Lose niggles, keep other injuries.
I agree with that.

Next Qs:
Are all teams going to get 16 players? Or would it more realistic (elves sir, with 16 players available for the same match?) / fair (give the 'flings a chance) for some teams to have 12 or so?
And, will this be a permenant, closed set of Legends, or will there be the provision (again, nominations or something) for up-and-coming Legends to be admitted it to the teams?

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I played against a guy once in a friendly with my then potent CD team that was runner up in the first FUMBBL Cup and he had a Chaos All Stars team. He put in the best Mummy, Chaos Dwarf, Gutter Runner, Chaos Warrior, Dark Elf Thrower (Alexander Lurkman) etc etc all without any injuries.

We had a blast. Especially when he rolled a 1 on the killer Vamp and he failed the RR and there were no Thralls on the team! Certainly was a fun game with several of the stars dying heh.

still disliked all round!
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Mighty_Ren wrote:
Lose niggles, keep other injuries.
I agree with that.

Next Qs:
Are all teams going to get 16 players? Or would it more realistic (elves sir, with 16 players available for the same match?) / fair (give the 'flings a chance) for some teams to have 12 or so?
And, will this be a permenant, closed set of Legends, or will there be the provision (again, nominations or something) for up-and-coming Legends to be admitted it to the teams?

Good point? raises another issue. Team rating. Are team ratings going to be wildly different (ie flings TR wont be very high at all but dark elves on the other hand will be HUGE) or is there going to be some kind of cap on TR. Obviously it needs to be an all star team and needs to have the biggest and best stars, but some of the teams will be greatly unbalenced compared to others. I guess the counterpoint to this would be handicaps...just a thought.

I think perhaps some basic team structuring should be figured out? What do yout hink Rob?

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i thought a bit about balancing, i do feel a Fling all star team wont be on par with a chaos/dark elf all star team,

i guess in a way, we can mess about with it by means of rerolls/staff but that may not be enough. Really big stars will push up TR by huge amounts, eg the chaos flings whereas Ogres dont really have many great stars but a roster of 10 80SPP Ogres is probably hard enough to take any team!!!

ill try to get a rough idea as to where teams lie in TR in the next day or two, if anyone wants to draw up an allstar roster for their favourite race then by all means go for it!
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll go put one together for woodies. they should be entertaining Very Happy
 Jump to: