26 coaches online • Server time: 02:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think that the kickoff table has to much influence on the outcome of the game?
Yes
34%
 34%  [ 37 ]
No
65%
 65%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 108

Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think that the kickoff table has to much influence on the outcome of the game?
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

well it can make a make difference, but not if you take it into acount

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It only makes a difference if you get pouring rain as weather change while playing khemri Very Happy
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Against some Wood Elf or Skaven teams (ie teams with players that regularly can get near the end zone with an MA increase or sprint) then quick snap can be very favourable to them.

Blitz isn't too bad now, now that the line of scrimmage don't take part in it...

Perfect Defence... just be aware that you may not "own" on the front line as you had previously set up, and your back field may be exposed if you've set up too top heavy.

Riot... not so bad now that both teams get effected, and not just one...

Rock throwing... only effects one player... but if it hits a low AV player, or causes SI/RIP to any player then there goes your apoth, if you have one... but like I said, it only effects one player out of 11 on your team.

Overall, the Kick Off table effects are a lot less game changing than they were before... plus they give a nice sense of chaos to any game... and that is what Blood Bowl is about...

And as the poster above mentioned, you can normally plan for some of the effects!... so my poll answer.... NO.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

A timely Blitz kickoff-result here and there works wonders. It's a pity they downgraded it so much, though - I had a streak of rolling Blitzes Wink

That said, of course the kickoff table makes a difference, but so do double 1s on the first action - so what? Bloodbowl is about in game tactics, team building strategy, and luck!

Since the luck factor can screw up your game, I agree with MR_QB that you need to take it into account - like doing the things that can't go wrong early on in a turn or putting at least one guy in front of the opponents line on a kickoff, just in case he rolls a 10.

EDIT: Oh, I misread the poll. I thought the question was "Do you think that the kickoff table has an influence on the outcome of the game?" to which I'd reply "yes."
I don't think the overall effect is a gamebreaker, so I'd vote no on the question as it is - just remember that one of those "yes" votes is actually a "no" Wink
Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I'm sick of perfect defense and blitz. The defense should get blitz but it should be like quick snap for them. Cept maybe instead of moving that 1 square they can throw a block.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring back the old table where only one team got 'Get the Ref' grrrrrr
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Tis done. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you kidding? That's the worst part of the whole kick-off table by far, and it was even worse the way it used to be (and evidently will be again). It might be just a funny thing in a standalone game, but in here, against the wrong opponent, it's a team killer.
The rest of the kick-off table is ok. Get the ref should be deleted altogether.
Ash

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dooby wrote:
Bring back the old table where only one team got 'Get the Ref' grrrrrr

I agree... the new Get the ref just sucks...

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I thinki that it has way too much influence. Rock and Riot can totally turn a game around.
Just try to watch the replay of this match http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=798454
the kickoff rolls are just worse than bad for me that game, and I had no chance of winning what so ever.
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had a game where I got 4 blitzes in a row and finished 5-0 in the first half. The table can certainly ruin the enjoyment for some players when they are on the receiving end.

Like Blitz when opponent kicks. When you kick, they get Quick Snap. That can reduce the fun somewhat.

still disliked all round!
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm... there isn't as much of a Riot as a PI. And trust me, the current one is a LOT softer than it used to be. You didn't want to be on the receiving end of the old PI.

Besides, the Kick-Off Table is certainly meant to be a part of the game as it is in actual sports as well. A lucky blitz and you can recover the ball, or a last second audible to switch the defense.

Z
Shivan

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

it can just be frustrating sometimes. You enter a game, and no matter what you do you are bound to lose becuase you get a hopeless start.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Absoulutly. Your opponent gets Reposition Defense or blitz a couple times, and you've lost. You need to have the advantage on offense, and those take it away, or reverse it.
 Jump to: