71 coaches online • Server time: 19:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I was reading Colin's posts about his new Chaos team concept and thinking that it was very interesting... and then it occured to me that his Mark of Chaos idea was pretty neat. Loads of mutations, all the time. Cool.

And THEN I got to wondering what it would be like to have a team of exclusively 6337 linemen, but with access to all skills. You'd still roll for the occasional stat increase, but basically you have a very generic team that quickly becomes very specialized.

Would that play out well? Too powerful? Too weak? Again, just curious.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it is a cool idea
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Too lack of fluffy? I should say I like staring teams out with less positionals, and filling in depending on which way the linos develop, but I don't think there is any real "reason" for a team like this to exist....

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Too lack of fluffy?

I'm sure we could come up with something. The Zons came out of nowhere fluff-wise, so why not these guys too?

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that's the best idea I ever heard for a new team concept. That leaves the team development almost entirely to the coach. I also have a suggestion for team name: Monks. Think about it, a basic monk would be pretty ordinary, but with their training they could become fierce opponents. I'd also suggest a couple of positionnals to make it interesting.

0-2 Fighter 6337 Dauntless GSA
0-4 Dodger 6337 Dodge GSA
0-2 Passer 6337 Sure Hands GSAP
0-12 Monk 6337 GSA

Ok, that leaves out mutation, but that's just not to step on the mutant's turf. Yay, making imaginary rosters is so fun ! Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

What about "Pro Humans"? Players dedicated to improving themselves?

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of the monks, but they have to be 'something' monks, rather than just monks. Maybe invent a name for some obscure BB god....hang on....they could be Nufflites!

EDIT: 'Monks of Nuffle'? 'Order of Nuffle'? 'Nufflite Monks?' hmmm...

Last edited by Azurus on %b %12, %2005 - %22:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Ash

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

That s what i was thinking about... pro human with only linemen... at least you can start with almost a full roster Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Noble Monks?

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a bit worried that you would just end up with cheap bashers (everyone taking STR skills), maybe if you had to choose? I dunno. The concept is fun (and Adepts of Nuffle is a great name) but I'm not sure people would really experiment the way they should.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
(and Adepts of Nuffle is a great name)

Woot! That's what I was looking for! Thanks Macavity! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I am a poet..... Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It's too sci-fi for BB, but the idea of clones was in the back of my mind -- they start out identical, and then develop personalities and skills.

The idea would be you "grow your own" throwers, blitzers, catchers, monster blockers, etc.

It'd be easy to abuse, though, and just have 11 MB, C, RSC, DP linemen. Which would suck.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

i would like to sumbit a team too all players are

11 5 5 11 Sprint, surefeet, RSC, Claw, PO, Dauntless, Horns. acces to G, S, A, P, PS
mUst

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

uhh uhhh forgot Ironman !!
 Jump to: