38 coaches online • Server time: 15:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes... I'm bored. And even better, I am quite possibly the world's biggest dork for even thinking about this... but here it goes anyway.

I don't know how many of us out there are athletic but:
If you were a bloodbowl player what would your stats be? Be honest!

The Legend 7 2 3 8 thick skull, dauntless, block, tackle, pass block, sprint

MA 7 & sprint: I'm above average speed, but not quite "fast". Most of the speed people think I have comes from my willingness/ability to go all out on every play (didn't choose sure feet because... well... I tend to trip over myself every now and then)

ST 2, thick skull, dauntless, block and tackle: I'm a little guy (about a 165 lbs), and the fact of the matter is I'm pretty easy to push around. If I do go down hard, I'm not afraid to get up and play through the pain. Although I'm weak, I put my whole body into every tackle I make and I am pretty damn good at getting guys (regardless of their size) to the ground.

pass block: I'm a born and bred free safety. I know how to track the ball and as soon as it's in the air I'm right on top of it.

did I mention that I am quite possibly the biggest dork in the world?

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

What about fo... Ah no, that would be mean Wink
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmmm......

Bar Skank

5 1 1 5

Mighty Blow, Foul Appearance, Piling On, Sure Hands, Stunty, Strip Ball (s), Pro

This is not me but the typical girl I run into (horizontally!).

You are no more of a dork then anyone else reading this >=)

Peace,
Syndrome057
Director Of Management
Da Freak Show
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=148839
Funso

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you may think too highly of yourself.

Any team in ranked below around tr 180 would take that player in their first 11 without thinking.

Are you good enough to get into a pro sports team? That's what Ranked BloodBowl is, kind of.

I would say I am 5 3 2 8 - diving tackle. Pretty decent rugby player
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

At least you ain´t the first to think of it Wink

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4759

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

hrmm....

id probably be...

7 2 4 7 sprint, old take root, diving catch, stunty; n, n

I used to be super fast, could run the 100m sprint in close to 12.00 seconds hence sprint, used to play centre/scrum half for the school rugby team and was really good until i got screwed for 2 years with glandular fever! i used to be a slip catcher in the cricket team, i could catch anything!!!

Old take root is because my timing is rubbish and i usually turn up to anything half way through! stunty has the dual purpose, when im playing football (or soccer...) i can dribble through the other team usually, but as Mr__Wizard will testify, i then lose the ball heh. I also get broken pretty easily, the double niggle from when i badly sprained my ankle playing football, and spraining it again a few months later, my ankle is very weak, and the stunty means i break easy! also means im not the best passer as i should be Smile

not so sure if i should have av 6 or 7! hmm Wink
Trog

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

5 4 3 9 Block(to your account, happens more frequently than I'd like), Guard(the website), Stand Firm(try talking your way out of it)

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always put myself as a Black Orc, strong and hardy, but slow and unagile.

We just picked base players, but if i had to have skills I would have: Bonehead (I lose the plot at times), Frenzy (kill, kill, kill and uh, kill!!) & Mighty Blow (I have just taken up viking battle reenactment, and have a nasty if accurate tendancy, to hit my opponents in the nuts without trying!!) Smile Shocked
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

6 3 3 8 Block, Dodge, Side Step, Sticky Hands;

I'm a scrapper, and a ridiculous interest in wrestling and years of BucketBall mean you have to fight to get me on the ground. I'm not particluarily strong, and the dodge/side step combo covers my agility (which wouldn't be present in Ball Handling). I have a remarkable endurance level (former divisional champ x-country runner), but My hamstrings are shortened (don't ask) so my MA can't be too high.
Sticky Hands is a skill unique to me. I can't throw. My 5'2" Fiancee laughs at the way I throw a football. I have been told since I was about 4 that I throw like a girl. Sticky Hands works as follows: Before attempting a throw, roll one dice. On a roll of 1,2, or 3 the ball squirts out vaguely in front of the player (use throw-in Template) on 4,5, or 6 throw may be attempted as normal (and still can be fumbled).

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

8 1 4 6 dodge leap verylonglegs

*boing boing boing*
Vero

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

6239, stand firm, pass block.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

7 3 3 8 Pass, Accurate, Strong arm, Block, Pass Block, Tackle, Catch

well i'm a bit above average speed. Been playing Quarterback for years, hence the passing skills. But have also played Reciever (catch), Cornerback(pass block) and linebacker (block tackle) and i nearly allways get my guy down.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

4 4 3 8 sprint, Block, Guard

That would be me; slow but willing to "run for it", somewhat stronger than avg - but waaayyy better at helping someone else getting the opponent down that actually doing it myself Very Happy
Webbe

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

bah, let's be realistic. I'd consider the standard human lineman as the typical professional american football/rugby player. So then I guess I'd be

5 2 2 7 bonehead
Jazz

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

5 4 2 8, block, mighty blow, frenzy, stand firm

I'm not the fastest, nor the most agile, guy around, but if I stand somewhere, I keep standing until I decide to move.

block, mighty blow?
I practice Wing Chun Kung Fu, a full contact no non-sense kungfu style. No fancy moves, just get in there and do the job. Basic idea is to start hitting your opponent until he goes down, not stopping before he does. Hence the Frenzy.

Yeay, dorky and proud of it. Very Happy

Jazz
 Jump to: