41 coaches online • Server time: 16:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How many of these coaches have you played?
Thanks for giving me a bunch of names for my DNP list
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Ive played a couple and i dont plan on doing it again
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
Some of those guys are great, some i have on ignore
38%
 38%  [ 26 ]
Ive played most of them and ill rematch anytime
22%
 22%  [ 15 ]
Fuzzy Rainbow Death Monkeys of BRING IT ON!!!
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 67

Flynn

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuhan
Deathgerbil
Dreadclaw
Thrall
paulhicks
Trog
Christer
Mr-Klipp
buskopanz

Goodbye Cusi
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL Laughing
ive played you and dreadclaw lots, busko a couple of times and have a game booked with wuhan.
oh and ive played myself but i always lose Neutral

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ive played everyone on that list but busko because im just not a fan
and when i play myself i usually draw
both sides roll double double skulls first action of each turn
its kind of embarrassing Embarassed

Goodbye Cusi
blitzwing

Post 13 Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would anyone want to play these has beens. They are mediocre players at best Wink

However, i am far more interested in the pyschology behind the post. I think the question, i.e., "have you played these coaches", is simply asked to justify the forum topic. The real underlying purpose of the post is (and this is merely an interpretation), perhaps, simply an attempt by the author (thrall) to throw the spotlight onto these coaches, of which thrall is 'incidently' one of their number. However, I would suggest the underlying meaning is actually deeper. I would suggest that the other coaches are just decoys for the real purpose of this forum post - to simply draw atttention to thrall's coaching ability so he can wallow in the joy of being recognised publicly! You see, in this way, because he is not the only coach mentioned in the post, it looks like forum post was not about him, when, in actual fact, drawing attention to thrall was always the intention in his mind. He just couldn't make a post purely about himself because it would appear blatantly self indulgent. Furthermore, although decoys, the list of other coaches had another purpose for thrall - increasing his kudos. By boxing himself in with other coaches such as Christer, he insinuates that he and the others have something in common, and he used this artificial association to increase his own kudos - its like me putting the myself and the pope in the same box. Such an elite group does not exist. And if it did, Thrall would not be among their number. He should apologise to the coaches he used as smokescreen and for kudos elevation.

This would explain why evolvetoanarchism, nordmark, and purplechest couldn't understand what his list of coaches had in common in the context that Thrall used.

Perhaps I should post a similar forum topic: who has played blitzwing and jackdaniels (but please see forum post: got milk).

Conclusions
Some conclusion can be drawn from Thrall's forum post:
1. The subject may be lacking attention in the physical world and, as a result, has a need to gain recognition in other ways, e.g., fumbbl. This is not an uncommon response.
2. The subject seeks to boost his self-image through association with others.
3. Thrall lives in a park and finds and, subsequently, eats rats for sustanance. He rambles incoherantly and often frothes at the mouth. He exists, clinging to the hope that one day he will be able to recycle enough fanta cans in order to buy a shovel so he can dig up a dead body.

Anyone else like to offer an opinion here. I must point out, however, I am an archaeology student, not a pychologist! So my opinions are not valid. But let us all be pychologists today. So please, any other suggestions as motive of this post are welcomed.

If I am right then, well, alrighty then, thrall, you want attention? You want recognition? Lets see if your worthy of such a spotlight mention. I challenge you to a game against my team 'friendly rats', and I propose that the loser has to retire their team. This a good team and worthy of such a bet. What can you bring to the table?

Last edited by blitzwing on %b %13, %2005 - %06:%Apr; edited 29 times in total
Sionis

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Still recall the game I had against Deathgerbil's Revenge... thankgod that thrice damned Enjoyment missed the game.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

blitwing, your cr is lower than a few of ours, and we have played way more games than you, so i wouldnt talk

Goodbye Cusi
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Trog, Christer, Mr-Klipp??? What do these fun coaches have in common with the other guys? Rolling Eyes

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Intellugence

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Trog, Christer, Mr-Klipp??? What do these fun coaches have in common with the other guys? Rolling Eyes

Wondering the same thing.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Trog is one I can speak out about... he's an angry dice thrower... I should know. Nearly got me in the eye off a rebound shot during a local league game. Wink
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the weirdest damn thread I've seen in a while, and that includes the Giant Monster Battle thread.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well only blitzwing and Shepherd (from this thread) have played me..............but i've only been playing a fortnight! lol

Are they scary guys or something?

Please don't scare me.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 03:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to know the criteria under which that list was drawn up.

At least a couple of those names dont seem to fit the criteria that the poll suggests.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

blitzwing wrote:
If I am right then, well, alrighty then, thrall lets see if you or those other coaches 'have guts'. Lets see if your worthy of this spotlight mention. I bet my team 'friendly rats', and I propose that the loser has to retire their team. This a good team and worthy of such a bet. What can you bring to the table?

Wow. This is just like that car race... you know... with Greased Lightning...

I'm actually surprised this hasn't come up before (at least not to my knowledge). It's a little heavy on the schoolyard mentality, perhaps, but kind of cool for an occasional thing. I commend your spirit.

(Although you might get taken just a wee bit more seriously if you were putting up a team with more time and history to it.)

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'd have to say a team with 2 games under its belt can hardly expect to be considered an even bet with a team as long running as most of these guys have! (no matter what your opinion of any/all of their playstyles) Still could make for an interesting plot twist...Battle of the Titans, winner takes ALL. Kinda harsh considering what the dice can do to you on a bad day though...

paulhicks wrote:
oh and ive played myself but i always lose Neutral

Really? When I play with myself I almost always win! Or, wait...what are we talking about here? Embarassed
blitzwing

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

your missing the point
 Jump to: