65 coaches online • Server time: 19:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post 6 Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Since lots of threads exist about foulers/evil coaches/ Thrall.....

I thought it would be nice to give a shout to coaches who deserve credit for playing the game as it should be....

Those coaches known for being enjoyable, funny, good natured, etc.

Not those peeps who feel the need to berate your team or simply say "if I did not fail that roll you would be dead".

My list...

Top Challenge through Stunty.....
Captain1827 (something like that with the numbers)
**Good coach, will play to win, and an overall nice guy

Mithrilpoint (high level team games)
**Another coach who looks to win. His skaven beat me up but i would do it anytime again.

Lord_Makari (greatest sport)
**Only opponent to appologize for being dice raped (he lost like 6-1). Came back and played my gobbos with his Khemri and provided great insight to the Freak Show. Love watching his games and his comments.

Shinan
**This guy is a riot! Play him.

DonTomasso
**Overall nice guy worth a game anytime.

This is just for starters. I had one opponent who was even drunker then I was and the game was awesome! We both were fouling like mad. I wish i could remember who he was....

Sincerely,
Syndrome057
Director Of Management
Freak Show
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=148839
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

cool thread
my favorite coaches are all on my white list on my bio and its way too long to replicate here.
not sure which one of them would be top realy.... err can i nominate myself? Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea Exclamation

We could use some lovin' around here.

I'll take the opportunity to give a big thumbs up to (in random order):

Rijssiej (fellow Clog and loads of fun)
Nportela (Fun whether you play him drunk or sober)
Tza (For always working so hard he has no time left to prod my buttocks)

Brownrob, Flix, Wyrmtainter and sk8bcn for organising the cool turneys and allowing my sorry ass to participate.

Kudos boyz!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Paul is one of my faves. Even-tempered. Here for fun. Good to chat with. I've seen this thread before...

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to watch some of those guys in the spotlight as well. To add some names to the list.

JanMattys: Cool guy and hippie friend Wink Must play him someday...but otherwise fun to chat with.

Torsoboy: Never gives up. If he loses he contacts you and demand a rematch. If he wins he contacts you so that you can demand a rematch.

The Faroe Squad: You know who you are. Cool guys all the bunch. They sleep in the 4vs4IT channel Wink

Just a couple of names from the top of my head.

In the name of Love and for the sake of Peace

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Played Jasonian the other day. My dwarfs beat up his pro elfs and he was still sportsmanlike and talkative.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I will nominate two coaches who were extremely polite and fun to play: Cortelll and Sergei Bautin. Others are included on my Fun to play list.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I would nominate celas and BadMrMojo to my list two great coaches and very enjoyable opponents.
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd add falcone. He's probably the best sport I've ever played. In the face of complete dice rape and in the face on unlikely odds, he gave me a great game and had fun with it despite having "one of those games" that I personally moan quite a bit in.

Azurus

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, i just looked at my buddy list and realized it's almost entirely made up of coaches who don't play anymore...

But recently, my 'fun coach' awards go to Shepherd and nonno.

EDIT: oh, and Khadgar, the only coach ever to thank me for writing a match report

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, i think thats Captain1821... its a greek historical date... he's greek, 1+1= multiple block!

most fun i had was playing against Alibaba... good coach, lethal defence, and scary Coach Rating! A must to play against if you are looking for a challenging and fun game Smile

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Uber

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to play:

AFK_Eagle, Lord_Makari, Malthor, FischerKing, KFoged, cyric612

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I've only actually ever had one coach (who shall remain nameless) annoy me in-game. I mostly love the guys who are nice/witty in the forums... Sheperd, Brownrob, MrMojo.... I've never played them, but they are good people in my book.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas - everytime.

He breathes bloodbowl and is top fun !

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_QB and Trif without a doubt. There are more but these are mostly offline nowadays. Sad