49 coaches online • Server time: 17:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you a Bloodbowl addict?
Yes, and I'm ready for a 12 step program.
25%
 25%  [ 17 ]
Nah. I can take it or leave it.
19%
 19%  [ 13 ]
I used be an addict, but I'm in recovery now.
19%
 19%  [ 13 ]
Problem...I don't have a problem..YOU have a problem!
36%
 36%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 68

origami

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A maladaptive pattern of substance use, leading to clinically significant impairment or distress, as manifested by three (or more) of the following, occurring at any time in the same 12-month period:

1. tolerance, as defined by either of the following:
a. a need for markedly increased amounts of the substance to achieve intoxication or desired effect
b. markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of substance

2. withdrawal, as manifested by either of the following:
a. the characteristic withdrawal syndrome for the substance
b.the same (or a closely related) substance is taken to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms

3. the substance is often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended

4. there is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control substance use

5. a great deal of time is spent in activities to obtain the substance, use the substance, or recover from its effects

6. important social, occupational or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of substance use

7. the substance use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by the substance (e.g., continued drinking despite recognition that an ulcer was made worse by alcohol consumption)

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/EverQuest-Widows/
Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I spend hours playing a game. Sad Very Happy or Neutral I dunno. But I definately do not have a problem.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I may be an addict ... but I'm not about to try to quit .. Razz
Cyco

Post 18 Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I am addicted, so what, I can still take care of my little goblins at home, but my Witch Elf doesnt like me playing as much as I do. Evil or Very Mad

(Funny enough, that has nothing to do with how much time to spend on what she likes best.) Razz

I have a love/hate relation to fumbbl. I love it and alway have to find an excuse to not play, otherwise Id be here 24h a day. But I still hate it because I cant think of anything else.

Everything is fumbbl. I work a something simular to a bully, (taking care of law and order on pubs, and making sure everyone is having a good time.) But then I sometimes find myself thinking about diffrent pub skills, that guy must have...
Big Hand - You always get a perfect grip on you beer.
Stand Firm - No matther how drunk you get, you always manage to remain standing up. (Good when you wanna get thru a crowd.)
Foul Apperance - No comment. Razz
Mighty Blow - For pub brawlers.
Dauntless - Under the influence of alcohol (and in some cases drugs) you seem to think you can beat up the world.
Always Hungry - Is a major problem after the pub closes, or on the way home.
Realy Stupid - Happens to most of us, when we get a few drinks too much.

Just to metion some, and then there is Secret Weapons...

And on top of that I alway make little notes of how to construct my next team. And think of strategies or names for my new team/players.

Yes Im addicted. But its a good addiction. Twisted Evil
Wizard

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

"Addiction" isn't always a bad thing...
Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it ain´t a problem and won´t be considered a problem until you rate high on number 6. and/or 7.

As long as your social life is functioning (your goblins are fine for example), you can still manage your job and remember to call your mom once in a while you do have very little chance of proper treatment.

And, even if you would have those problems, psychologists are to conservative to recognize gaming - unlike gambling - as a serious problem.

So make sure you are mentaly healthy and feel fine. Playing fumbbl now and then helps a lot for the last one at least! Laughing
DonKosak

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

At least you can get Bloodbowl for free - no need to loot your neighbour's mansion in order to get cash for your "substance"...
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I am very happy to be addicted to BB and coffee. No more, no less.

Missus feels different about it sometimes though...

(no; she doesn't mind me drinking coffee!)

Post 13 Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I suffer addiction from time to time, and to curb it. I retire my teams.

I am sure there are people on fumbbl playing an unhealthy amount of bowl, e.g., 12 games per day!!!

I think christer or mr_klipp should step up impose a game limit per day or per week for the benefit of fumbbl's citizen's health. I personally think the number should be 3 per day or 14 per week.

People will say "but you can't tell us how many games to play"; however, I personally think anything more then 3 is too much; regardless, if you think you can handle it.

Regardless of the number games to be played per day/week - my number is not the point-, some step in this direction is needed. FUMBBL does have the power to act in this regard.

Therefore, I propose this petition to admin for some action in regard to this issue
To sign, post here!!!

I''ll sign - Blitzwing (Australia)
Wizard

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In no way, as a fellow australian, do i endorse the views of blitzwing....

how else can i play 4 fumbbl smack's a day....
Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

lets find out where blitzwing lives and stone him. I dont have a problem but YOU have a problem, telling me to stop. i can stop when i want, i just dont want to....well, mabye i got some little problem. i remember wondering about someone leaving the room without making a dodge roll but thats not the point, the point is.....the point is....is....i need it so badly!

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have the problem, but I am not the point!!! I might in the future!?

What I am saying is we have the power to look out for those that do!!! And prevent it!
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Those criteria mentioned in my original post are straight out of the DSM IV - it's the manual used by the psychiatric profession for classifying mental disorders.

Gaming hasn't made it's way into this manual yet, unlike gambling, but I suspect that it's because the people writing these things are from an older generation and aren't particularly tech savvy. I imagine that they are just now figuring out this whole "e-mail" thing, which puts them several steps away from thinking about gaming addictions.
 Jump to: