32 coaches online • Server time: 09:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you post them? They rarely give any usable information to others (and i suppose that shoud be that reason for putting them in your bio), and i think we can all agree that different people have different opininons about what a fun game is.

I´m not completely sure if it´s even allowed on this site, as i know other sites the disallows any sort of public badmouthing other posters/coaches/participants/whatever.

So why do you feel the need to publicly announce your dislike for another coach´s playing style?

M
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont have a blacklist, but i do have a whitelist, which isnt as bad Wink
albator2001

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It is not allowed !
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My blacklist is short but it's there for a reason. There just are coaches I wish not to play again. The bio is a good place to store the information. If I had a space which would be seen to me only, I'd use it. However, I don't think my black list affects anyone's decision whether they play vs someone or not. It isn't there to inform other coaches. It's there to help me remember coaches which I don't like to play against anymore.

As simple as that.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The easiest way to create a feeling of interdependence and solidarity is to agree on not liking someone, thus defining the borders around your little community negatively: we dont like him, him, and him - wohooo, we're friends...
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the admins hasnt told any of us to remove them, its allowed. I agree with bluetooth, my blacklist is an online "reminder" to myself (and anyone else who wants to read my rambling) of the persons who dont play the way that i want to play it, for fun!

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I use my buddy list as a blacklist, the only problem is that I can't remove retired coaches.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have an online blacklist, I just have their names scrawled in blood across the wall next to the computer. Helps jog the memory occassionally.
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I think blacklists should be removed for some reasons:

1) Namedropping is not allowed in the chat, and why should it then be allowed in the info-page?

2) The reasons why one coach might not play a coach, does not necessarily apply to me

3) It is wrong to judge one persons style of play, if you only have played one game against him. Maybe he just felt like doing a lot of fouling on that day

And if it is a reminder, then use the good old pen and paper, how hard can be?
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Blacklist:

Captain1821 ---> cheerypicker, staller, fouler, way too lucky, clown, dropper, crowdpusher, unpleasant to talk to, very bad loser, slow player etc.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Online reminder, and info to my friends. When one of my friends has changed anything on his page, the others always comment on it, wonder what happened and so on. DNP list doesnt hurt anybody, just tells whoever that is reading whom i wont play.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree, Skeloboy, with your arguments.

Skeloboy wrote:
Namedropping is not allowed in the chat, and why should it then be allowed in the info-page?

Nobody's forced to visit my page. The chat is different because you have to use it, haven't you? Besides, who is going to decline a match because I have listed few names I don't like to play against?
Skeloboy wrote:
The reasons why one coach might not play a coach, does not necessarily apply to me

Well, exactly. I use my black list to remind me, not anyone else.
Skeloboy wrote:
It is wrong to judge one persons style of play, if you only have played one game against him. Maybe he just felt like doing a lot of fouling on that day

Wrong? It is wrong because you say its wrong? Rolling Eyes Maybe I just feel I don't want to risk and play against that coach again because I found him unpleasant and he might have just one of those days again.
Skeloboy wrote:
And if it is a reminder, then use the good old pen and paper, how hard can be?

Yeah, right. You propably prefer to use an older computer than a new one just because you can do the same thing with it, tho a less affectively? Wink It simply isn't as functional as a electric list. This way it doesn't get lost and it's always available.

No offence meant, Skeloboy, just my point of view.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

bluetooth wrote:
It simply isn't as functional as a electric list. This way it doesn't get lost and it's always available.

Use notepad then.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

it helps me get over bad matchs, i think everyone on my black list dosent deserve to be there, just like my white list Smile

'These are my principals, if you dont like them, I have others.'
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

BLacklisting is not the problem.
It is the behaviour which leads people to blacklist the offenders.
(shame that the same behaviour has different effects on different people)

PS; I have no blacklist but a black number one. Wink