46 coaches online • Server time: 00:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

who me??? ahh ...uhhm..... well ...

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

who me??? ahh ...uhhm..... well ...

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I went the positive route and put a white list in my bio. I avoid teams, not coaches. If I avoid to play you its because a) you got one of those boring bash teams or b) you are too damn lucky!

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to store the information somewhere...
Give me a function of private black/white list and i will not post my black list in my bio anymore...

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

How kind of you

Jeffro
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso wrote:

Seriously, if you are on someone elses blacklist, you are in some way a bad egg. And I don't have time to play those sorts of people.

LOL Laughing
what a wonderfully simple life view
the first person to say somthing bad about someone must be right.
i am on several blacklists that i know of for a variety of resons. some are quite fair from a certain point of view others are just bizzare.
i have a white list.... its long and growing by the day. youd be amazed how many great coaches there are out there once you stop obsessing about 1 guy who killed one of your pixles or said a bad word to you.
There are people i wouldnt be too keen to play again but i would give it a try to assume that they were having a bad day etc.
even after years of abusing my brain i can still just about manage to remember weather i had a problem with someone or not.....

.... i guess some of you just fall out with more people than i do Wink

out of interest has anyone of you ever tried asking someone for their side of the story before deciding not to play them cuz someone else wrote their name down?

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, he admited he fouled in a game last December.

What more reason do you need?

Seriously?
Frankie

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Match reports and replays talk for themselves. I know that we have a lot of sensless guys who put someone onto their lists because his opponent was lucky or the mean beast fouled three times on the match and such. But the ones whom I played and they proved to me that they are jerks really earned their place in my list.

If I get pissed off again I will publicize it. Embarassed Razz
Wizard

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

im not on anyones list (i think) so i dont care

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This is why I like Table top a little more than fumbbl. If a guy does, or says something stupid, then you can reach accross and give him a cup across the side of the head. But remember this is just a game so who really cares? Its not like this game is worth "starting a lawn mower" on an opponent.

Jeffro
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
im not on anyones list (i think) so i dont care

Maybe you should re-read page 2 of this topic!

Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I'll consider hiding my DNP list with html comments. The reason it's in my coach bio has been mentioned before, I play from a lot of different machines and the last thing I need is to carry around yet another file with me (digital or hard-copy).

There are coaches I don't want to play because when I play them it's not fun for me, and that's exactly why my DNP list is not for you. You may well have loads of fun when you play those coaches. In fact, I hope you do have loads of fun.

[/i]
Philou

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
The other issue with a blacklist, even an objective one listing only coaching style, is that in many cases it is wildly innacurate, or at least incomplete. For example, you play my chaos or halfling team chances are I'm going to do my best to mash and foul you into oblivion. Play my wood elves and you may not see a cas all game. So you play my halflings with your humans, and take 3 niggles from fouls. All p*ssed off, you add me to your blacklist. Three weeks later, I ask you for an elf vs elf game, and consulting your blacklist you see my name. You tell me to buzz off - and have just gypped yourself out of what would have been a fun and non-violent game of elfball! Go you!

i agree with that. i have a chaos team with which i like to bash and foul sometimes but all my other teams have no DP and i rarely foul with my players (except for tactical reasons but then, i dont need a DP to stun or KO a guy). so i play differently with skaven or elves and its not because i bashed u last game with those chaos that i'll do the same with an other team.

but in my opinion, one player should be on EVERYONE blacklist. see who ??? Wink
MadMarx

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont understand the problem with black lists. I keep my list on a sheet of paper nailed to the wall, but thats just me. If someone wants to keep it in his bio, and writes, "My dnp list: " whats the problem with that? He does not insult people, most listers dont write insulting comments, ok some do, but they should be forced to remove them. And, as long as there is no warning forum for beginners, noobs, about which coaches to avoid, (THE WELL KNOWN CHERRYPICKERS and other animals), i dont believe the lists should mean a problem. The white lists are much worse, they tell you, hey, this man is a very good person, and then it turns out the man is called buskopanz. Wink
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. I just read Bananafish900's black list. 14 guys on it. I noticed that 70% of them ,are games in which you did not partake in. Do you watch these games to make your choices for your blacklist? Or is it from the game comments that you might have read and chose to add them to the list?

Philou is right that only some of a guys teams will be bashy and some will not be. Ill never not play a guy because he is on someones black list. I enjoy reading them though. Quite funny, and petty. Maybe Childish is the best word.

Jeffro
 Jump to: