22 coaches online • Server time: 01:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

First off, my thanks again to Christer to this great site and making it the best place to play bloodbowl. No matter what a few idiots at talkbloodbowl.com may say.

However, the issue has been raised about Christer's right and left hand men- The Admins.

Now Christer has the right to pick and choose who he wants in power here. Its his site, his rules. But since he does value input and receive generous amounts of bling, I would offer one possible position of publicly voted admin. We could cast nominations, vote on issues and elect a mod from the common ranks of coaches to represent us! This admin position would be for a set limit (1 year) and would be accountable to the fumbbl public. Any abuse of this positions would be of course, subject to Christer's whim.

With some recent remarks towards certain admins, they are either 1) doing too good a job ie when people complain about RCMP doing their job 2) Their could be some abuse that does not filter to Christer. A public nominated admin would be accountable to the people!!

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome idea, I'd know of a few people worthy of that position. I'm for it!

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I am for it !!!

Good idea !!!
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it.

Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Spread the word! If enough coaches are in favour I will create a nomination thread for those that wish to run and put their hat in the ring!

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

great idea darkwolf, i know many who are deserving of an admin position, should they want tthe work

If i were to nominate someone, it would be BadMrMojo! not only has he posted more than me on the forum Wink he is also a decent guy, and helpful, especially as he is always in #fumbbl_academy

but does he want the power? Wink ill have it if he doesnt Wink Laughing

seriosly darkwolf, excellent idea and you have my 100% support Smile
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly don't care... but I'll vote if it does come to it. Democracy is kinda... silly....

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm against this, no offense Darkwolf but I'm sure you know about as many instances as I do of people complaining about admins right here in the forums. Why would they be shy about taking it to Christer? There's also one logistical problem: The vote early, vote often phenomena. How many people have more than one account? How many of those people do you want voting 2x, 3x . . . etc more often than you?

Nah, this is as good a place as any for a semi-benevolent dictatorship. I don't love all the admins, and there's one I could do without and he knows that--but he's done nothing to abuse his power w/ me.

I've been in gaming communities where the inmates were in charge before. Those experiences haven't been good.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Not all the inmates b-fish, just one. More as an admin rep. voting would be done directly to christer vis pm throught the site.

I feel your on the fence b-fish. give this idea a shot! This site will always be christer's "dictatorship". But this would help give the feel of some democracy and give people a forum or avenue to vent or file grievences towards those in positions of authority here. This site will always be the sum of its parts!

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say leave things the way they are. I think the admins do a fine job. I dont think its a paid position.......

Although I'd vote for Trog if he gave me the admin client!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I have no complaints. Wanting rights gives responsiblity that we shouldn't have...

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Darkwolf's idea.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

gamenutter wrote:
Although I'd vote for Trog if he gave me the admin client!

Trog already has a position as admin, mate. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

So, does this mean we expect current admins to step down????

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

As i see it we have a great site, great support on the whole and its free. Christer should have ultimate control for that reason alone.

Furthermore, when you get elections then politics problems set in and it just becomes a popularity contest. You'll get a small amount of

hard core voters who only vote in admins that they like, not always judging on their ability (more likely they'll not vote for the good

ones that they don't like). It just gets messy, and you'll find after the first few elections the vote count will be very small, as only about

20% of people will care; as is the case with most democracies.

I vote for benevolent dictatorship!